Ford Forums banner

GTP Rims ? ?

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  JimBoSS 
#1 ·
Hi,

Have a question on the GTP Rims

These are the standard GTP Rims!

These are the rims i saw on the GTP at the ford open day earlier this year.

just wondering if any one knows what these rims are, what brand, how much they cost? where they are available from ?

Jim

See less See more
#2 ·
The rims on the blueprint GT-P are the factory option 18" rim available on XR6 and XR8 vehicles. They were on most of the early GT's because of a problem with the supply of the rims now on the Orange GT-P. You can buy thm from your ford dealer or wheelking.com.au, not sure on price.

#8 ·
As others have said, the rims shown on the blue GT-P ar the Optional 18's for the Ford XR range - they are a $1500 option from Ford when you order the car. The 5th alloy for the spare will cost you $380 at the time of order (and much, much more afterwards).

I know this for a fact, as they are optioned on my XR6 (though much to my regret and SM's amusement I neglected to order the spare).

Also as stated above, the reason the correct GT-P rims were not shown on the early press and display cars is the simple fact that Ford had to get a supply of them before they could put them on cars. There was an alloy whell shortage that effected many Ford & Holden alloys earlier in the year, and they were delayed by this.

Another interesting point is that the 18" option has been removed from the configuration page on the Ford website - it was there, and and dealer rep who has a brain or is serious about your business will know about them.

To buy them aftermarket - Wheel King in Sydney quoted me $3680 with tyres for a set of 4 when I called them last monday - to further amuse SM, they will NOT sell me a single rim, as "they only get them in sets of 4" which I take to mean they are buying up all the 18" rims people are replacing with aftermarket, as if they were coming from a manufacturer, surely you could get 1 rim only if you wanted. Am I correct in thinking these would be second hand wheels, or have I misunderstood what he said???

Hope this clears up a few of the points you mentioned.

Cheers
Jason

#10 ·
The 18's used to appear on the website up until a few weeks ago. l think they are still available as an option though.

Jimboss, when l visited FPV the 18" XR, GT and GT-P mags are all fitted at the same spot at the factory. Whether they will put the XR 18's on for you is a another matter. l doubt they will but l bet your dealer wont have a problem finding a customer willing to do a swap!

#13 ·
galaxy xr8 said:
If I were to get a GT-P I would ask for the XR8 optioned 18's as I prefer them than the one's the GT-P come's with,are you allowed to do that.
greetings galaxy xr8
if you want to sell the gt-p rims drop me a PM & let me know what you want for them & let's seee if we can do a deal

regards
rod

#14 ·
rod said:
greetings galaxy xr8
if you want to sell the gt-p rims drop me a PM & let me know what you want for them & let's seee if we can do a deal

regards
rod
Sorry mate but I dont have a GT-P or dont plan on getting one yet,maybe series II but I was just stating that I personally prefer the 18's on the XR8 compared to the GT-P original's,sory if I lead you astray.cheer's.

#15 ·
well i got word back from the dealer this afternoon, and his manager doesnt see any problem with doing a straight swap on the rims.

So i am going in tomorrow to initial the change to the original purchase slip. and thats for 5 rims,

taking that photo in so they can see it, because they were questioning my decision and kept asking are u sure :)

but i think it looks better than the standard GT-P rims so i'm Happy :D

#16 ·
They both look good, to be honest, I prefer the 5 spoke design over the ones on the Blood orange as well. It'd be nice if they weren't the wheels Joe Somebody can option on their XR6NA but still I like them.

Go with whatever you like best, it's your car!

#17 ·
AUForte said:
They both look good, to be honest, I prefer the 5 spoke design over the ones on the Blood orange as well. It'd be nice if they weren't the wheels Joe Somebody can option on their XR6NA but still I like them.

Go with whatever you like best, it's your car!

AuForte thats exactly my thoughts, as much as i like them the only problem is that its availabe to people and there XR's but hey i guess they can just get the gt-P rims too.

at the end of the day what do i care i am just hanging to go for a Hoon in my car :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.