Holden add promotes unsafe practice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2004, 00:40   #1 (permalink)

Holden add promotes unsafe practice

Just wondered if anyone else out there thought the new crumple door add was a little irresponsible.
It not only infers that the driver can adequately hit great speeds and acceleration in the car but shows the driver putting it through it's paces with passengers in the car namely one toddler in a child seat.
As if that wasn't bad enough but the child is in statistically the most dangerous spot in the car for an accident. They say that wherever possible child seats should always be placed behind the front seats.

So how picky is that?
paulhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2004, 01:46   #2 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

Re: Holden add promotes unsafe practice

It's hard to know what to think about that. I love cars of all kinds so I don't mind ads showing cars being put through their paces regardless of what badge it wears, but the bit about the toddler might be a concern.

Falcon GT Club of Australia

FPV & XR Owner's Club of Victoria

I drive, I vote and I'll go out of my way to see you out of government Mr Bracks. You lied your way into power and you lie to keep it. Enough lies!!! You're out of here!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:51   #3 (permalink)
BOFH

I say that it should be left alone. It does not show or infere any unsafe practices and if all the PCA wankers have there way we'll all be driving rubber bikes at 5kph with instant execution for 1kph over. I dont care if its Ford, Holden or whatever, I consider myself, and everyone I know, to be far more intelligent than to go and do some stupid stunt in real life driving because I saw it on an ad.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:06   #4 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

Perhaps the message is that the car has both power and safety?

Falcon GT Club of Australia

FPV & XR Owner's Club of Victoria

I drive, I vote and I'll go out of my way to see you out of government Mr Bracks. You lied your way into power and you lie to keep it. Enough lies!!! You're out of here!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 17:43   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Perhaps the message is that the car has both power and safety?
Then ASIC should get onto them and they should be done for false advertising Judging from what I have read they are just another revamp of the same crap with an engine that might be new, but there ain't nobody raving about it, huge advert spread in the Motor mag and yet they still reckoned the n/a XR6 was a better car. New Dunnydore, just another massed produced rep mobile IMHO. I'm off to Bris in Oct and no doubt Avis will have one waiting, then I will be able to report in a non biased fashion (NEVER) Doesn't SV stand for "Special Victim" :fly:
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 18:00   #6 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
Then ASIC should get onto them and they should be done for false advertising Judging from what I have read they are just another revamp of the same crap with an engine that might be new, but there ain't nobody raving about it, huge advert spread in the Motor mag and yet they still reckoned the n/a XR6 was a better car. New Dunnydore, just another massed produced rep mobile IMHO. I'm off to Bris in Oct and no doubt Avis will have one waiting, then I will be able to report in a non biased fashion (NEVER) Doesn't SV stand for "Special Victim" :fly:
I wouldn't go on anything Motor or Wheels have to offer on a car there a bit biased sometimes.Best way to judge a car go out to a rental place and take it out for a spin yourself.
Cheers Alex.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 00:11   #7 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhowes
Just wondered if anyone else out there thought the new crumple door add was a little irresponsible.
It not only infers that the driver can adequately hit great speeds and acceleration in the car but shows the driver putting it through it's paces with passengers in the car namely one toddler in a child seat.
As if that wasn't bad enough but the child is in statistically the most dangerous spot in the car for an accident. They say that wherever possible child seats should always be placed behind the front seats.

So how picky is that?
i was wondering about this very thing when watching the add actually

not that it was irresponsible or would cause people to go out and do it, but more the fact of how inconsistent the policing of this is

at one stage they were removing ads because stupidly they think that it will make people go out and drive recklessly and then an ad like this is fine??

apparently they just removed the magna ad from TV because knuckleheads thought that seeing a group of cars fanging around on a dirt road would make people go out and do it in the streets, surely this is no different?

remove them all or leave them all, dont just remove some and leave others
Old 08-28-2004, 02:39   #8 (permalink)

I just laughed my head off, for a car company supposed to be so far ahead of Ford in the marketing/advertising game that was weak as. The kid would have to take the cheesy grin of the year award and I found myself trying to figure out if he was "computer enhanced" rather than listening about the car.
P.S. Am I the only one who thinks the front end is a step backwards, I never thought I'd say it but I prefer VY front end.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:57   #9 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

If the Add is outside the guidlines the Advertising Standards Board will take it off anyway.
Why do you say that wheels and Motor are bias'd?
They have changed from loving Holdens to Loving Fords.
It sounds logical to me, which is the better car at the moment?
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:34   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

It doesn't worry me in the slightest. As a responsible adult (most of the time) I'm bright enough to know the difference between fact and fiction. I knew that a XR8 isn't going to pass a land speed record car on a salt flat.

It's only an ad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum