Ford Forums banner

How many Klm's on a full tank for a GT ?

4K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Noboss 
#1 ·
Just wondering what distance can be covered on a full tank for a GT , say for country driving and likewise for city driving.
I still maintain that Ford should have put in a larger fuel tank to give the GT's a bigger range. any coments ?
Regards John

#2 ·
I have averaged 16.516 l/100 km so far as a mix of city and freeway driving with a freeway best of 13.96 and a city worst of 19.95.

By my calculations (leaving 3 litres in the tank) that's a low of 325 km and a high of 465 km from a tank.

Cheers
Russ

#6 ·
BA XR8 ute, best average i can get 18.5 PER 100 klms

#8 · (Edited)
Ford4Eva said:
Another conspiracy theory is it? I am pretty sure AU had the same fuel capacity.
So did EF, El etc - they are all Fords, all Falcons, and (like it or not) all related. Why do some people think that the BA is not related to any previous falcon ever built?

There is no conspiracy, it is called minimising R&D costs, (or maximising the ammortisation over a larger volume of the same component). They will probably still give it a BA part number though, and charge you twice as much as the similar EF item! Sorry to get off track slightly, but BA 'snobs' give me the sh!ts.

#9 ·
AU T3 TS50
around town get around 300 kms
highway driving, get around 500 kms
so huge difference
around town the beast is always looking for the next servo. Lets see i filled it up Friday, Saturday, Tiesday, and now its under half again
at least the petrol companies like me
lol

#10 ·
The last few Falcons I have owned all have had 68l tanks. This can be a pain when I am travelling in the bush as 98RON or PULP tend to be a bit rare.
I solved the problem with 3x 20l plastic jerry cans from the local 4WD shop.
Works great :s6:

#12 ·
TS50 said:
AU T3 TS50
around town get around 300 kms
highway driving, get around 500 kms
so huge difference
around town the beast is always looking for the next servo. Lets see i filled it up Friday, Saturday, Tiesday, and now its under half again
at least the petrol companies like me
lol

I get about the same in the city. I haven't checked highway yet.
Best I have had is 350km.
T3 TE50 auto

#13 ·
Ford4Eva said:
Who here buys a performance car and worries about fuel consumption? No one I hope. It's a waste if you just grandaddy the beast. A wide open throttle to me is a lot more fun.
Yes indeed.
21 to 23L/100 is normal for my ute (all city driving )
18.5 L/100 is the lowest I went while sinking the boot in on the odd occasion ( all city )
15.2 is the best I have had ( open road and city )

If you get less than 14 to 15L on average , then you must be driving mostly open road miles . and if you can get the 12.5 sticker average then you either live in the country or have no dick and should be driving a Hyundai .

#14 ·
JC said:
So did EF, El etc - they are all Fords, all Falcons, and (like it or not) all related. Why do some people think that the BA is not related to any previous falcon ever built?

There is no conspiracy, it is called minimising R&D costs, (or maximising the ammortisation over a larger volume of the same component). They will probably still give it a BA part number though, and charge you twice as much as the similar EF item! Sorry to get off track slightly, but BA 'snobs' give me the sh!ts.
I was told by my delivery dealer (for when my car arrives, ordered March 3rd and delivery end Sept) that the BA tank was different from the previous models. This reconfiguration is an improvement in safety, where the tank is forward of the rear axle and does not do a 'Police Issue Ford Crown Victoria' explosion.

Hey dude, work your time and earn yourself a BA. We owners and future owners are not 'snobs'. I've had EB's, EF's, AU2 and 3's, and now I can afford a BA. Not a problem. Think of it another way. If all the other owners and I kept our EF's, ELs, and AU's you wouldn't be able to buy the fine Ford you own today. Please don't snob us. We don't ask for respect and are no better than you. We are just at a different stage of life.

#16 ·
Fordhead said:
Yes indeed.
21 to 23L/100 is normal for my ute (all city driving )
18.5 L/100 is the lowest I went while sinking the boot in on the odd occasion ( all city )
15.2 is the best I have had ( open road and city )

If you get less than 14 to 15L on average , then you must be driving mostly open road miles . and if you can get the 12.5 sticker average then you either live in the country or have no dick and should be driving a Hyundai .
Or maybe some people actually know how to drive quickly and efficiently without guzzling fuel. The BOSS engine is a work of art and is VERY fuel efficent if driven properly. You know that shiny silver knob between the seats, you can actually move it before the rev limiter cuts in.
Unless you "Live your life a quarter mile at a time and for that 10 seconds or less you are free".
But then that is your choice and if thats what floats your boat, go for it.

#18 ·
flappist said:
Or maybe some people actually know how to drive quickly and efficiently without guzzling fuel. The BOSS engine is a work of art and is VERY fuel efficent if driven properly. You know that shiny silver knob between the seats, you can actually move it before the rev limiter cuts in.
Unless you "Live your life a quarter mile at a time and for that 10 seconds or less you are free".
But then that is your choice and if thats what floats your boat, go for it.

Where in my post was I writing about going quickly and efficiently ?
If I wanted efficiency , i'd ride a scooter.
I don't hit the limiter either , and don't do quarter miles in city traffic. This is Melbourne after all.
Try reading between the lines before you write your thoughts.

The only thing I gained from your post was that you've watched Fast and furious . The rest was all bullshit.

#20 ·
what can be bad when you picking up a GT ??
nothing can bad its all good.. just show us some pics when you get your machine...

#21 ·
Fordhead said:
Where in my post was I writing about going quickly and efficiently ?
If I wanted efficiency , i'd ride a scooter.
I don't hit the limiter either , and don't do quarter miles in city traffic. This is Melbourne after all.
Try reading between the lines before you write your thoughts.

The only thing I gained from your post was that you've watched Fast and furious . The rest was all bullshit.
How did YOU know that was a quote from "The fast and the furious"?

Just an observation. Most of those who complain about extreme fuel usage all seem to live in places that have lots of speed cameras.

Maybe it is the slow,fast, slow, fast, slow, fast that is doing it.

#22 ·
hey i have tried driving my TS easil, guess what, it makes 2 bits of nothing difference in fuel consumption, have tried the gearchanges at 2500 rpm , 3000 rpm, mate the thing still swallows like its ....... (best not say it, Laminge will get crabby with me)
So might as well drive it like it was made to be driven. Open road is a diffent proposition 12.5 l/per 100km is pretty easy to obtain

#23 ·
Ford4Eva said:
Who here buys a performance car and worries about fuel consumption? No one I hope. It's a waste if you just grandaddy the beast. A wide open throttle to me is a lot more fun.
Yeah, I agree to a point, however as you get a little older, you tend to be a bit more aware what things cost and how hard it is to earn the dollar. Then again, I have a boss who looks after me and pays for my fuel!

#24 ·
Ive got a T3 manual best so far 560ks dont no what the worst is but 300ks sounds about right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.