Hypnodoc Makes It Back To Perth - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 21:27   #1 (permalink)

Hypnodoc Makes It Back To Perth

Hi all.
Left Melbourne at 11.30am Sun morn and arrived in Perth at 10.25 Tues night.
Spent all yesterday cleaning the car and I'm pleased to say that the difference created by the UNICHIP was very noticable on the way home.
I drove home faster than on the way to Melbourne, but fuel usage dropped to an average of 11.2, down from 12.6 ltrs per 100klm used on the way there.
It is a strange and pleasant feeling to have a car pull away urgently from 220kph to the speed limiter when it is nailed (in the middle of the Nullabor of course) .
So for all the concerns and rumour mongering, IMHO the trip was well worth it, not only for the nice people I met, but also because the UNICHIP transformed the car into an awesome open road machine and I'm stoked, if I had any doubts at all about the UNICHIP they are gone and I have nothing but praise for this little module. Thanks muchly to Peter and Co from APS. Keep up the good work .
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2004, 21:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: Hypnodoc Makes It Back To Perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc

Hi all.
Left Melbourne at 11.30am Sun morn and arrived in Perth at 10.25 Tues night.
Spent all yesterday cleaning the car and I'm pleased to say that the difference created by the UNICHIP was very noticable on the way home.
I drove home faster than on the way to Melbourne, but fuel usage dropped to an average of 11.2, down from 12.6 ltrs per 100klm used on the way there.
It is a strange and pleasant feeling to have a car pull away urgently from 220kph to the speed limiter when it is nailed (in the middle of the Nullabor of course) .
So for all the concerns and rumour mongering, IMHO the trip was well worth it, not only for the nice people I met, but also because the UNICHIP transformed the car into an awesome open road machine and I'm stoked, if I had any doubts at all about the UNICHIP they are gone and I have nothing but praise for this little module. Thanks muchly to Peter and Co from APS. Keep up the good work .
As a matter of interest, although I bought a 5litre pack of CASTROL FORMULA R to take with me, in total there and back the Boss used 700mil of oil 100 mil per 1000klm, bearing in mind there was some good high speed stuff done on the Nullabor e.g 200 kph on cruise control for more than an hour each way
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 05-19-2004, 22:29   #3 (permalink)

Which Castrol R did you use? I just bought the Castrol R 5w-30 ready for my next oil change.... I just hope it's not too thin.
Old 05-19-2004, 22:45   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle
Which Castrol R did you use? I just bought the Castrol R 5w-30 ready for my next oil change.... I just hope it's not too thin.
Hi fullthrottle.
I used 0w 40 I think, the one specified by FPV, its as thin as water and allows the engine to rattle a little when its cold.
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 05-19-2004, 22:53   #5 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

see any coppers at light speed ?????????

Old car = AU Futura, Galaxy blue, IRS, 16" mags, DBA Slotted rotors. Pity to see it go, very good, under- rated car, RIP
ricthewheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 22:55   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
e.g 200 kph on cruise control for more than an hour each way
rofl.u da man hypno..... Fuk that :)

So u wanna test it on the dyno back here in perth now? Compare the differnce?? If so just let me know ill organise a complamentary run at D&T Peformance for you mate :)
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 23:12   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330

So u wanna test it on the dyno back here in perth now? Compare the differnce?? If so just let me know ill organise a complamentary run at D&T Peformance for you mate :)
Let me know if you do Rick 'cause I wanna be there!!

Might get the short shifter fitted at the same time!
Old 05-19-2004, 23:15   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle
Should be fine mate, I'm putting 10w Castrol Formula R in at my next oil change. You could safely put in 15w if you want.

I have heard that Ford are going back to a mineral blend for the factory fill due to the running in issues and oil consumption issues.
Old 05-19-2004, 23:44   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330

Hi GTP-330.
Thanks for the offer mate, but after my previous experiences here in WA and all the money I have wasted, then seeing what an awesome dyno setup they have at APS and being in possession of the dyno chart from them I won't do any runs in WA or any more mods to the car, unless Barry comes up with some more bolt on goodies. The amount of heartbreak and expensive stress I've suffered between my two BAs in this state is enough for any one lifetime.
Having said that Simon I'm happy to meet up, show you the APS dyno chart, and let you have a drive of the car even, but at 263.9 rwKw from bolt ons and a UNICHIP I'm a very happy man, once again, thanks for the offer
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 05-19-2004, 23:48   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthewheelie
see any coppers at light speed ?????????
Mate, asked the truckies at the roadhouses if the roads were clear ahead, there are 2 places on the Nullabor where they are not, both are 400klm stretches of copper free straight line open road. Did you know that the GT cruise control cuts out above 200kph? and so it should, 250 or so kph is awesome and descretion becomes the better part of valour after a couple of minutes, makes the carbra flap lots too.
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum