Insurance for GT & GT-P - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2003, 20:51   #1 (permalink)
3dr zeTEC

Thumbs down Insurance for GT & GT-P

I'm having problems with finding insurance companies that will insure these vehicles. The argument with AAMI and no doubt with others is that because these cars don't have a Brandt 6 point imobiliser installed, they won't insure it! Can anyone shed any light on this, or offer advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2003, 21:17   #2 (permalink)
FF Town Sheriff

Re: Insurance for GT & GT-P

what age group are you in? seems no-one I know with one of these vehicles has had a problem, however they are all over 35....
My xr8 is with AAMI and cost $590.00 if that helps at all.

" i will own another V8, just what type of body it's in is another question. "
philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 21:29   #3 (permalink)

Try Ford Insure their underwriter Swann Insurance,full comprehensive,Rating 1,windscreen,NCB Protection,all Accessories & Modification by Herrods,Sat Nav,Leather Seats,Sunroof'and Reverse Sensors.
Insured for $90.000 plus Premium $1.759.00
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 00:29   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper545
I'm having problems with finding insurance companies that will insure these vehicles. The argument with AAMI and no doubt with others is that because these cars don't have a Brandt 6 point imobiliser installed, they won't insure it! Can anyone shed any light on this, or offer advice?
When I insured mine, I was (very) surprised to find NRMA one of the cheapest @ $1300 for $91K worth of cover - and as I was already insured with them, the changeover took about 2 minutes. In contrast, I was paying $1100 for $35K cover for my HSV enhanced VT Calais. They also didn't want any additional gizmos like further immobolisers or Quik Trak.

AAMI were a PIA, I went all the way through their million questions over the phone, only to be told that the vehicle had to be "garaged at all times, other than when in use" - yes...if you drive to the shops/go interstate/go to your mates place etc etc - they require it to be garaged when you leave it! Also the AAMI person told me that they considered the ACT to be part of NSW - which results in the big premiums that go with a Sydney address. I know of no other insurance company which does this shite!

Conversely, my wifes VW Golf is about $150 cheaper per year with AAMI than NRMA! - go figure!!

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 01:04   #5 (permalink)

I found NRMA had the best pices going.
I had quotes from $1600-$4500, even though my wife has had claims in the past one company told me it was cheaper to have her on the policy, as a 26 yo male driving a high peformance car without a female named on the same policy was seen as a greater risk to the insurance companies.......the price difference was about $500 in the premium cost.

Speaking about premimums, my local fpv dealer was telling me about a young guy who wanted to buy a pursuit ute, had the finance and all that crap sorted, but the cheapest quote on insurance was around $8000, needless to say he didnt get his ute
gt 547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 01:16   #6 (permalink)

Sniper545 - AAMI insured my car no problems. They initially asked for a satelite alarm system but when I asked who provided one in Canberra, they said no-one and cancelled the request to have one.

$1300 + lease insurance of $200 = $1500.00
eightoftwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:26   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Similar story - ended up with Ford Insure after I gave up arguing with Allianz and everyone else. Premium is $1526. Interestingly the insurers that have the Moostang (Unique) wouldn't touch the GT-p which came as a big surprise. The 'Stang is around $1200 by the way.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 03:18   #8 (permalink)

Iím only paying $1,199.57 with the RACV (living in Geelong) insured through a Pty Ltd company. I was told it would only be around $900 through my own name as an individual (aged 39).
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 06:38   #9 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Swann insure is good! My EL is with them.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:51   #10 (permalink)

I am also with RACV here in Melbourne, i paid $1932, rating 1, 26 years old, when i insured the GTP RACV was the only company i found that actually had the GTP on the books.

well them and JUST CAR Insurance, they wanted about $3500 premium and excess was $3500 i quickly laughed at them and hung up!

Jim
JimBoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum