Ford Forums banner

Just a bit curious

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  fordfamily 
#1 ·
What is the bit of plastic that is in the shape of a horse shoe that comes of the air intake approx 1/2 way between the TB & the Air Box on a AU2 XR8
Is it there for a purpose or can it be ditched
BTW I can not attach a picture as it will not let me - Don't have the permission rights ?? :doh:

#2 ·
I think you are in the wrong site,try the PUB section of Fordforums.

#6 ·
XLR8 said:
im asuming you mean this...........i replaced mine with a hpc coated herrod intake for $150 approx
That is the puppy , I have a perfect size bung for the hole but I was a bit hesitant to remove it as it might throw the ECU into a spack and end up losing power in the end , as I tried a similar trick on the Probe with the intake and it ended up going backwards in output.

#7 ·
Alan B said:
That is the puppy , I have a perfect size bung for the hole but I was a bit hesitant to remove it as it might throw the ECU into a spack and end up losing power in the end , as I tried a similar trick on the Probe with the intake and it ended up going backwards in output.
HORSE SHOE ??? can I laugh now or later
you all have it wrong

First of all , the guys in the design dept' at Ford used to work with the Dept of main roads (NSW).

I see this thing (horse shoe ) every day when I'm on my way to work , its where the expressways were going to go , but they changed their minds after all the ground work was done , like the old off chute for the Gosford exit .

So logic has it that with the same guys now working for FORD they still make little mistakes from time to time and they don't know how to fix it .
eg like the plastic horse shoe now found in most V8 fords.

Fords solution to this little mess just round the end off so the air doesn't get out . Ask Tony ,he knows all about it .

#8 ·
wasa said:
HORSE SHOE ??? can I laugh now or later
you all have it wrong

First of all , the guys in the design dept' at Ford used to work with the Dept of main roads (NSW).

I see this thing (horse shoe ) every day when I'm on my way to work , its where the expressways were going to go , but they changed their minds after all the ground work was done , like the old off chute for the Gosford exit .

So logic has it that with the same guys now working for FORD they still make little mistakes from time to time and they don't know how to fix it .
eg like the plastic horse shoe now found in most V8 fords.

Fords solution to this little mess just round the end off so the air doesn't get out . Ask Tony ,he knows all about it .
What the???? Posting while under the influence is bad!

#11 · (Edited)
XLR8 said:
ROFL!!!! i bet he has pics too!!
OOWWWW Yes you should know that by now

Well well well

While I was under the bonnet playing with matchbox cars at the SMS
I remember CMUMFM was in the passangers seat looking at the glove box (well I thought he was , maybe not ???) or was he getting a check up ?

Attachments

#12 ·
The part you are looking at is put there to cancell out pulses in the intake . As the intake valve opens negative pressure is applied .the pressre rises again when the valve closes.The ECU wouldnt be able to regulate injection duration if intake presure pulsed with every engine cycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.