Lets Start To EXPLORE the EDIT by SCT/CAPA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2005, 20:01   #1 (permalink)

Lets Start To EXPLORE the EDIT by SCT/CAPA

SCT/CAPA Edit Breakdown.

Well ive decided to try and give a little breakdown as to what it actually is and how it benefits you.

You have all heard us all talking about it here and there and im sure a lot of you have some unanswered questions.

Im sure there is a lot of ppl who are just curious what we can actually do with the edit.

We are able to change any setting that you have in your factory pcm, Its that simple.
We can optimise all areas of your tuning not just the WOT (Wide open Throttle) area.

Once you have had a well tuned edit applied to your vehicle you will find that the cars over all throttle response is, just put simply, amazing!. You have find that part throttle feels like your almost flooring it when your not. The car will idle smoother, run cooler if you wish.

Most importantly you will find that your power level is no longer changing as frequently as you change your underwear, Power becomes very consistent and the cars whole attitude is made consistent.

Let me walk you through a couple of the areas that will start to show you just how different temps and conditions can vary your cars performance. (This is also why a piggy back style add on will never give you the ultimate driving pleasure)

Ive attached a screen shot of one of the many in depth tables that highlights one area that affects consistent power levels and hinders repeatable performance.

See ACT Doc 1.

Have a good look at that and im sure most of you will start to understand what its telling you.

You have a load point and an RPM point, then these points are calculated with some other figures of the table to either ADD or Minus Timing depending on AIR temps (As Shown) and there is also the same tables for WATER temps. (Notice how the colder thermostats have an impact).

Theirs another story in itself, The colder thermostats while a very addition to keeping the engine cooler they become useless once caught in traffic where the PCM needs to actuate the fans to keep temps at the correct places. Again the SCT/CAPA edit when used correctly can have an impact in this area as well.

See attached pic

Enviro DOC 2

Hopefully im starting to get you guys to understand exactly what is in our capabilities now and why the edit is starting to get great results as Tuners come to grips with the fact they now have the power to tune the FORDS as we have been wanting to.

Now i have just put a little scrath in the surface, there is so much more that is involved but im hoping this is going to start to show you the benifits of using an Edit.

I want ppl to ask questoins regarding the edit and not turn this topic into a slinging match with other tuning methods.

PLease feel free to ask any questions and dont be afraid or think its stoopid. Im sure there is always someone thinking the same as you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACT Doc 1 ff size.jpg (142.2 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg Enviro DOC 2 ff.jpg (129.8 KB, 221 views)
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 21:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: Lets Start To EXPLORE the EDIT by SCT/CAPA

That looks and sounds great. Does all the software come with the Edit, so I could say make a change at will myself? Understandably care is needed though with the potential to do serious damage otherwise.

One area I am particularily intersted in are the auto gear box parrameters. I have heard that the line pressures can be alterd to give a more positive shift. Does does this efect normal driving and what else can be changed ?

Cheers,

Jason.
JasonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 22:19   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJ
That looks and sounds great. Does all the software come with the Edit, so I could say make a change at will myself? Understandably care is needed though with the potential to do serious damage otherwise.

One area I am particularily intersted in are the auto gear box parrameters. I have heard that the line pressures can be alterd to give a more positive shift. Does does this efect normal driving and what else can be changed ?

Cheers,

Jason.
The only way you can have the power that we do is to purchase full siftware package, otherwise you get the changes done by a tuner. You can buy the quicktune software that offers you some tuning paramters.

As regards to the trans see attached pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trans1.jpg (103.2 KB, 192 views)
Old 03-17-2005, 22:39   #4 (permalink)
GEARBOX WRECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
The only way you can have the power that we do is to purchase full siftware package, otherwise you get the changes done by a tuner. You can buy the quicktune software that offers you some tuning paramters.

As regards to the trans see attached pic

So when does the Quicktune software become available.

"Hate it or love it,the underdog's on top"
Standard Headers and Rubber & More to Come.
04 Focus Zetec R
YELLOW GLOW XB GT
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 22:51   #5 (permalink)
walking power

What is this quicktune software what will be its capabilities???
Old 03-17-2005, 22:56   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
What is this quicktune software what will be its capabilities???
Ill start a topic on Quicktune when it becomes avaliable

it gives you guys the ability to change fuel, timing, gear ratios, and a couple of other parameters.
Old 03-17-2005, 23:06   #7 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Ill start a topic on Quicktune when it becomes avaliable

it gives you guys the ability to change fuel, timing, gear ratios, and a couple of other parameters.
Hi GTP330,
Who is the main distributer down here in VIC.Also since u have got some awesome results with this edit maybe a little demo down here would be great!

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 23:10   #8 (permalink)

I tell you that the edit is a magical piece of software although it still requires some tweeking by the looks!

I have been lucky enough to watch a master at work trying to get a set of Cams to behave themselves from idle right the way through the rev range.

After a full day of dyno my XR8 Ute was 248.8RWKW’s and hopefully another 15 to come when some small issues are sorted out…

It idles like a beast….scares the you know whats out of Holden drivers at the lights and will pull right the way through the range…I cant wait for the Heads to be released!
astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 23:27   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Hi GTP330,
Who is the main distributer down here in VIC.Also since u have got some awesome results with this edit maybe a little demo down here would be great!
CHeck Capas Web site Alex
Old 03-17-2005, 23:40   #10 (permalink)

Simon,

How much deviation are you finding between the CAPA base maps, and custom tunes?

And also, corrective changes for the air difference between west and east?

You have accomplished much in such a short time, and people over here will be keen to know more about xtreme and their capabilities out east.

Congrats and keep up the good work, and the timeslips too!!

Chris
EB 5.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum