lOWERING BA GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2004, 02:00   #1 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

lOWERING BA GT

Hi Guys

Has anyone lowered their Gt/GTP , I would like to lower mine but have some questions.

What Brand of springs did you use?
What ride hight did you achieve?
How much has the spring rate increased?
How did it effect ride quality?

Thanks Brett
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2004, 02:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: lOWERING BA GT

I hope you dont mind a lot of scratches on the lower front section of your GT, mines at factory hight and i was/am always scraping the shit out of it up and down drive ways and some dips in the roads, any way most ppl go with coni shocks and king springs, but pedders do have a realy good set up aswell.

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:25   #3 (permalink)

I went for the Pedders setup, Sports Shocks front & rear and the springs in the front were 10mm lower and 25% uprate while the back was dropped 15mm and had a 20% uprate (I think) anyway car car smartened up its road manners considerably. The icing on the cake is a 28mm Whiteline front swaybar it tucks the car in much better especially around town . High speed open road driving and the car sits firm and flat going exactly where its pointed and the extra ride harshness at any speed is minimal. As for the front end scratches, its just part of the benefit of owning a GT whether its lowered or not I cut, to fit, some of that ALTREX stick on number plate plastic sheeting and put that under the front middle and outer under bumper edges, its strong and stays self adhesied its saved the lower front immensly. I think Pedders start around $1600 for for the complete spring and shock package fitted and the swaybar about $180 fitted from memory, but Pedders are open to a haggle A BIG HAGGLE
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:40   #4 (permalink)

Rick what do you mean by 25% upprate, does that mean 25% stiffer if so thats pretty stiff. Ive been thinking of thw whiteline kit. They have 2 sets of lowering springs, lowest can lower 5omm lower than stock ride height.

BTW have you got that rapid Typhoon yet.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:54   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Rick what do you mean by 25% upprate, does that mean 25% stiffer if so thats pretty stiff. Ive been thinking of thw whiteline kit. They have 2 sets of lowering springs, lowest can lower 5omm lower than stock ride height.

I put the (I think) in the sentence as I'm guessing at the stiffness percentage, Pedders will know because its their standard GT sports package and a good system at that. 50mm is a big drop down, that WOULD definately scape the nose, the whiteline swaybar would be a good investment even with standard setup I reckon. There is a Rapid Yellow with leather (my ordered car) and a Lightening Strike with no leather but the FPV sports wheel for a grand cheaper arriving at Lynford motors on the 2nd December and I get first pick of either or, but they will both be 10 or 11 2004 builds and come January they are a year old already so I'm humming and harring but once I see them I won't be able to help myself I just hope they are as quick as what the rumour supposes but they have enormous potential and a decent clutch at least. I've got a sales manager in Brisbane who's hanging out for Falcon Co car, so once I take a few go fasty bits off the Boss it could be the best XMAS present he ever gets
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:56   #6 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
I went for the Pedders setup, Sports Shocks front & rear and the springs in the front were 10mm lower and 25% uprate while the back was dropped 15mm and had a 20% uprate (I think) anyway car car smartened up its road manners considerably. The icing on the cake is a 28mm Whiteline front swaybar it tucks the car in much better especially around town . High speed open road driving and the car sits firm and flat going exactly where its pointed and the extra ride harshness at any speed is minimal. As for the front end scratches, its just part of the benefit of owning a GT whether its lowered or not I cut, to fit, some of that ALTREX stick on number plate plastic sheeting and put that under the front middle and outer under bumper edges, its strong and stays self adhesied its saved the lower front immensly. I think Pedders start around $1600 for for the complete spring and shock package fitted and the swaybar about $180 fitted from memory, but Pedders are open to a haggle A BIG HAGGLE
Thanks for the information

I priced pedders & can get the springs $128 a pair lovells $103.00

Has anyone used the herod setup, I understand they don't make springs, I wanted to know the ride height as I would like something lower than pedders.

Brett
Old 11-24-2004, 04:02   #7 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:

Is the 50ml from stcok height of an XT or a GT

Do you no the distance between the top edge of the lower part of the wheel rim & the centre of the wheel arch,
Standard GT is about 605 mm front rear 615mm
Old 11-24-2004, 04:09   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTHO
Is the 50ml from stcok height of an XT or a GT

Do you no the distance between the top edge of the lower part of the wheel rim & the centre of the wheel arch,
Standard GT is about 605 mm front rear 615mm
Sorry mate i couldnt answer that as i only have an xr8.

This is from the whiteline web site

There are two types of spring in the Whiteline range, Control and Flatout. Whiteline Control springs lower your vehicle between 15-40mm depending on application. Some factory sports options provide a lower centre of gravity and hence our Control Springs may only lower by an additional 15mm. For a greater cosmetic look our Flatout Springs will provide between 25-50mm lowering. Perfect for those wanting that dramatic, cosmetic, low-line look.

In all cases our springs are between 15-50% heavier in rate than standard to deliver a reduce squat, reduced body roll on turn and a reduction in braking nose dive will provide a pleasing, flatter squarer look on the road. Remember actual finished ride heights may vary between standard and factory sports options.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:12   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
I put the (I think) in the sentence as I'm guessing at the stiffness percentage, Pedders will know because its their standard GT sports package and a good system at that. 50mm is a big drop down, that WOULD definately scape the nose, the whiteline swaybar would be a good investment even with standard setup I reckon. There is a Rapid Yellow with leather (my ordered car) and a Lightening Strike with no leather but the FPV sports wheel for a grand cheaper arriving at Lynford motors on the 2nd December and I get first pick of either or, but they will both be 10 or 11 2004 builds and come January they are a year old already so I'm humming and harring but once I see them I won't be able to help myself I just hope they are as quick as what the rumour supposes but they have enormous potential and a decent clutch at least. I've got a sales manager in Brisbane who's hanging out for Falcon Co car, so once I take a few go fasty bits off the Boss it could be the best XMAS present he ever gets
Mmmm Rapid Typhoon sounds good, my only regret with my xr8 is not getting the lux interiour package (leather seats).
What parts you going to take of the GT if you get rid of it, how could you give your car away im finding it hard to part with my old one and im selling it.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:21   #10 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Sorry mate i couldnt answer that as i only have an xr8.

This is from the whiteline web site

There are two types of spring in the Whiteline range, Control and Flatout. Whiteline Control springs lower your vehicle between 15-40mm depending on application. Some factory sports options provide a lower centre of gravity and hence our Control Springs may only lower by an additional 15mm. For a greater cosmetic look our Flatout Springs will provide between 25-50mm lowering. Perfect for those wanting that dramatic, cosmetic, low-line look.

In all cases our springs are between 15-50% heavier in rate than standard to deliver a reduce squat, reduced body roll on turn and a reduction in braking nose dive will provide a pleasing, flatter squarer look on the road. Remember actual finished ride heights may vary between standard and factory sports options.
Thanks I'll check there site

Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum