My F6's Jouney so far. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 05:06   #1 (permalink)

My F6's Jouney so far.

Well i thought i would uodate you guys with some info on my F6 and the way its handled being belted for 10000 kms with most of that its had well over 350 rwkw's.

Well its fine, its still running great, its preformed perfectly and im still rapt in my choice to purchase it and get rid of the GTP.

Well done FPV
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2005, 05:38   #2 (permalink)

Re: My F6's Jouney so far.

yeah- there'd be something special about spinning the wheels on the freeway at 100km/h when some dropkick pulls alongside you for a go......

I'm just pleased your on our side! we are lucky to have someone of your talent here mate- thankyou and well done for all your great work to that beautiful car.....
Old 11-21-2005, 22:18   #3 (permalink)

You cant help it if you have a apetite for snails mate!

Go the BOSS!!!!
Lowride260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 00:55   #4 (permalink)

Good Stuff - I'm still waiting for a the paperwork for my BA Typhoon to go through....bloody lease company..... I can't wait to mod my car.....Rapid, Leather and sunroof....

I'll be in touch Simon !!
xb351coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:36   #5 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Great to hear Simon. It's a shame you couldn't have kept the GTP and have the F6..lol Regardless even I, a Mk2 GT owner needs to give credit were credit's due. The F6 is a remarkable car and one of the best Oz Fords ever made IMO. If I get another FPV after the GT there's a good chance it will be an auto F6. I just hope I'm in a position were I can store the GT as well so I don't need to trade it in.

Have you had any issues at all with the F6? Diff, clutch and gearbox holding up ok?How have you found it down the quarter mile shoot?

Colville

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 16:12   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Great to hear Simon. It's a shame you couldn't have kept the GTP and have the F6..lol Regardless even I, a Mk2 GT owner needs to give credit were credit's due. The F6 is a remarkable car and one of the best Oz Fords ever made IMO. If I get another FPV after the GT there's a good chance it will be an auto F6. I just hope I'm in a position were I can store the GT as well so I don't need to trade it in.

Have you had any issues at all with the F6? Diff, clutch and gearbox holding up ok?How have you found it down the quarter mile shoot?

Colville

ecerythings been fine mate, i have added new clutch disks but retain the stock clutch itself.
Old 11-23-2005, 16:12   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb351coupe
Good Stuff - I'm still waiting for a the paperwork for my BA Typhoon to go through....bloody lease company..... I can't wait to mod my car.....Rapid, Leather and sunroof....

I'll be in touch Simon !!

i bet your hanging out mate
Old 11-24-2005, 05:37   #8 (permalink)

mate you have had the pleasure of owning both phoon and boss 290...after the edit goes onto them do u really think the phoon is alot better overall?? i mean i just dont like reading the BOSS is a donkey compared to the phoon...
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:00   #9 (permalink)

Sorry to post this in reply but if you read the motor and wheels magazine write ups the Phoon wins hands downs stock... The tuning potential of the typhoon is enormous.. And yes, tuned they kick the V8 back to the stone age..

Have you ever wondered why they took the ford sierra and nissan skylines out of the Bathurst race, cause they were embarresing the big bore owners....

Get used to it.. The typhoon is the new tough kid on the block....

Latest kill for me was a 6L GMH ...... (STOCK)

I have a 270rwkw tune sitting in the box but run stock mainly as it is a daily driver. All that torque just to get to work is fine with me.. And load up the tune and run a 5.5, 0-100, all for 900 bucks..... Thanks FPV....

It will never sound like an 8 but when your stepping on the gas... The sound sense is overridden by the adrenaline and the other 4 senses.....

Mate just bought the super persuit ute, we went for a run around the hills and wasn't he dirty... The phoon just far out performed the boss... and that was in stock mode,, I loaded up the edit and took him for a squirt around the same route and he was convinced... The 8 grand he was going to spend on the 8 he is going to save for next year when he gets a typhoon....... No point in comparing the V8's to the blown 6 anymore... If you like lots of nice noise and need to tow a caravan occasionally, buy the V8.. If you want top of the range performance, Go the Phoon........

Just my opinion.. Buy you are welcome to come for a drive with me anytime
Blonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 03:57   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_xlr8
mate you have had the pleasure of owning both phoon and boss 290...after the edit goes onto them do u really think the phoon is alot better overall?? i mean i just dont like reading the BOSS is a donkey compared to the phoon...

mate im a v8 man born and bred.. BUT how could you turn up a car like the F6.. it has the true potential of a supercar for BUGGER all money.. If i had the choice again i would do what ive done... There is no competition. Its a slaughter... unfortunatley until the boss is force fed i wont be getting one again. :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum