My new BF GT-P is on the road (first impressions) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 16:12   #1 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

My new BF GT-P is on the road (first impressions)

Hi guys.

Finally picked up my rapid BF GT-P, 6 speed manual from McAlister Motors in Young NSW on the 16th Dec 05.

Been away so this is the first opportunity to tell you my first impressions.

Having done 4500km now, the car is just starting to settle and free up.

Very quiet at idle, but getting louder all the time when the noise pedal is pressed, and has a very very pleasant rumble in the background when cruising at speed.

The 6 speed manual is superb, I know the 6 speed auto is supposed to be the ducks guts, but for us manual-o-files out there, this gearbox beats them all. Ive had the short shifter fitted and wow, racing changes are the best, very short very precise, and the ratios are magnificent, accleration in 6th is eye brow raising. I love the whole package.

On the trip to Adelaide and back to Wagga over christmas clocking up 2886 km, returned a fuel consumption of 10.5L/100km, compared to my BA XR8 this is magnificent, very happy.

The Brembos are divine, absolutely no worries about stopping quickly, and they look great.

As far as I know over the christmas period there werent many BF GT/GT-Ps released and the interest in the car was overwhelming, most of the FPV dealers in Adelaide were still waiting for their cars, so we were getting stopped all the time for people to look at. And the thumbs up from people were everywhere. Even had people taking photos with their phones.

The interior is great, the leather seats are excellent, feels like sitting in a lounge room chair and my wife who never sleeps in the car, snored all the way to Adelaide. The satnav is excellent, there are a few areas that could be improved but over all a great addition.

The only gripe I have is a rattle around the drivers door area, I think its from the sunroof bits and pieces, but this will get sorted.

So over all I am very very happy with the GT-P, the drivability, and the audible and visable impact is great. Those out there who question the need for a GT-P, obviously havent driven one of these beasts for any distance, the GT-P seats arent in the GT so that is one very good reason for a GT-P.

Apparently not as fast as the F6s but who cares, I love my V8 GT-P.

Im a happy man.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 17:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: My new BF GT-P is on the road (first impressions)

Nice write up! One day I will own a GT hopefully
1987 LC Holden Astra SLX -- 2003-06
1984 LB Holden Astra SLX -- 2001-02
Nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:37   #3 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

Sounds great so *cough* Pics...
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:15   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Nice write up GTP07S and a GTP would make me grin from ear to ear too.

That is very nice fuel consumption. 10.5/100 is incredible.

I was happy when i got 11.3 out of my XR6T lol.

I was in a Ford showroom when the salesman started a black GTP up for a customer and the sound in the show room was nearly enough for me to take out a loan and buy it on the spot. It just rumbled through the whole place and even at idle was unreal.
I'm sure one of them will be in my garage one day.

Enjoy your car mate as I'm sure you are.
Old 01-09-2006, 23:40   #5 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford
Nice write up GTP07S and a GTP would make me grin from ear to ear too.

That is very nice fuel consumption. 10.5/100 is incredible.

I was happy when i got 11.3 out of my XR6T lol.

I was in a Ford showroom when the salesman started a black GTP up for a customer and the sound in the show room was nearly enough for me to take out a loan and buy it on the spot. It just rumbled through the whole place and even at idle was unreal.
I'm sure one of them will be in my garage one day.

Enjoy your car mate as I'm sure you are.
Thanks for the replys chaps.

Would love to put some photos on but not really sure how to do it
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 01-10-2006, 18:03   #6 (permalink)

if u got pics email them to me at matt_barr_73@hotmail.com and ill put them up for ya

SOON TO COME
LOWERED - KING SPRING SUPER LOWS
CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 00:05   #7 (permalink)
BA Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barthez
if u got pics email them to me at matt_barr_73@hotmail.com and ill put them up for ya
Bah, still no pics.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:04   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP07S
Hi guys.

Finally picked up my rapid BF GT-P, 6 speed manual from McAlister Motors in Young NSW on the 16th Dec 05.

Been away so this is the first opportunity to tell you my first impressions.

Having done 4500km now, the car is just starting to settle and free up.

Very quiet at idle, but getting louder all the time when the noise pedal is pressed, and has a very very pleasant rumble in the background when cruising at speed.

The 6 speed manual is superb, I know the 6 speed auto is supposed to be the ducks guts, but for us manual-o-files out there, this gearbox beats them all. Ive had the short shifter fitted and wow, racing changes are the best, very short very precise, and the ratios are magnificent, accleration in 6th is eye brow raising. I love the whole package.

On the trip to Adelaide and back to Wagga over christmas clocking up 2886 km, returned a fuel consumption of 10.5L/100km, compared to my BA XR8 this is magnificent, very happy.

The Brembos are divine, absolutely no worries about stopping quickly, and they look great.

As far as I know over the christmas period there werent many BF GT/GT-Ps released and the interest in the car was overwhelming, most of the FPV dealers in Adelaide were still waiting for their cars, so we were getting stopped all the time for people to look at. And the thumbs up from people were everywhere. Even had people taking photos with their phones.

The interior is great, the leather seats are excellent, feels like sitting in a lounge room chair and my wife who never sleeps in the car, snored all the way to Adelaide. The satnav is excellent, there are a few areas that could be improved but over all a great addition.

The only gripe I have is a rattle around the drivers door area, I think its from the sunroof bits and pieces, but this will get sorted.

So over all I am very very happy with the GT-P, the drivability, and the audible and visable impact is great. Those out there who question the need for a GT-P, obviously havent driven one of these beasts for any distance, the GT-P seats arent in the GT so that is one very good reason for a GT-P.

Apparently not as fast as the F6s but who cares, I love my V8 GT-P.

Im a happy man.
Great wrap up!
I was sitting next to a BF GT Black with Orange stripe today at the lights in my XB GT and he was not going to be tempted (To kick my @ss that is) but the car looked absolutely magnificent although the colour scheme sounds odd it was very tough indeed, happy motoring with your new baby!
Fordaus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 16:11   #9 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc
Bah, still no pics.

Just sent some photos to you mate.

Thanks for putting them on for me.

Terry
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 01-16-2006, 16:25   #10 (permalink)

righto got the pics just then...here they are...nice looking GTs there mate...enjoy!!!

enjoy ladies and gentlemen

SOON TO COME
LOWERED - KING SPRING SUPER LOWS
CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum