Ford Forums banner

New colours coming...

4K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  myxr6 
#1 ·
All,
Just spoke to a Ford sales guy at my local dealer. He informs me that some of the FPV colours will be coming to BA XR's early next year. Also there may be a few additions such as a lighter green. Now I am thinking blood orange on a XR6T may be real nice.. I have asked for more info from him re the colours. I will update when / if I get any more info.

#2 ·
i was actually talking to a mate months ago from fords about colours and he informed me of some extra colours other than the yellow and purple and blue, and well the only 2 extra colours were the orange and green, i am expecting or maybe he was wrong about some more colours, i'd like to see 1 or 2 more exciting bright stand out colours added to the range!

#6 ·
I would dearly like to hope that Ford/FPV have learnt a little from their past errors and would keep the colours unique to the "hero" range of cars.
But then judging on past history I am probably dreaming again.

#8 ·
Thats right russel. How can we call these colours "Hero colours" if they are on every modded BA... These colours will allow people to instantly reconise the car from a mile off because it's in a unique colour. People will KNOW it's a FORD XR/GT rather then a BA or another car. I would hope they keep these colours special otherwise there is no point having them really.

#10 ·
Cheeses me off no end that Ford continually downgrade the upper models by offering the hero colours on the next upcoming lesser model range. It's about time they realised it is not the way to engender loyalty amongst buyers of their upmarket offerings. Also applies to body parts like the T3 grille which has now found it's way onto the XRs.

#12 ·
Chinny said:
What do you think the T3 was T3man? To see public reaction to Barra. There are so many styling similarities it's not funny.
I think the T3 was the ultimate culmination of the AU series - with the arrival of the "almost new" BA series of vehicles, one would have thought that Ford might show some "almost new" approach to styling, but sadly, as you point out, there are just too many similarities to the AUIII. Not that I mind any AUs and the BA is OK too, in that it has addressed some issues of aesthetics that critics of the AU were unable to accept (at the time) as it was an advanced design concept.

IMO the design of the BA could well have been the AU series one and it would have been readily accepted, and the AU design, if it had evolved from the softer BA, could have been a very popular design now in 2002.

I still maintain the "hero" colours, or other unique design features, should not be "downloaded" to lesser models in a succeding model lineup.

#13 ·
This paint thing is the exact same thing that holden have done... Is it just me or is VY green awfully similar to monaro green??

How pissd would you be if you had bought a monaro only to see a whole new series coming out in a very similar color.

If ford do it... People wont bother buying the GT. You will end up with companies making aftermarket bosy kits (that will happen anyway) and the owner wont even have to respray their XR, or maybe even their XT!!!

They will be kicking themselves if they do!

Take it easy

Chris

#14 ·
TOX|C said:
This paint thing is the exact same thing that holden have done... Is it just me or is VY green awfully similar to monaro green??
It's the same colour mate. Hot House Green.

Reading up on Dec Motor, I must admit I do like the variation to that colour on the SSX. Very nice indeed. :hy:

#17 ·
Just to set the record straight the XR and FPV range of vehicles will all be available in the four "hero" colours- Phantom, Blueprint, Citric Acid and Blood Orange as they come on stream.

#18 ·
russellw said:
Just to set the record straight the XR and FPV range of vehicles will all be available in the four "hero" colours- Phantom, Blueprint, Citric Acid and Blood Orange as they come on stream.
I spoke to the dealer at Harrison Ford in Melton and he said that the Citric Acid and the Blood Orange will be available on the XR's in January.

They have a Acid Rush XR6T and it looks magnificent in the flesh.

I was thinking of buying it but it was already sold to a 23 year old :BW:

#19 ·
FM said:
It's the same colour mate. Hot House Green.

Reading up on Dec Motor, I must admit I do like the variation to that colour on the SSX. Very nice indeed. :hy:
I agree FM, the "Kryptonite (tm)" shade of green used on the SSX looks awesome in the flesh. Much nicer than the regular Hot House Green.

#20 ·
Picking the colour of the new machine is driving me mad, although its not a bad problem to have.

Waiting, waiting, waiting, to see all the available colours in the flesh in the sunlight, at dealers and on the road is the smart thing to do IMO, but takes time and - still waiting, waiting, waiting to see blood orange and citric acid.

Progress report is: Phantom was dissapointing not vibrant enough, acid rush better than expected but seeing the colour on a fleet wagon has destroyed its uniqueness and is too gold and not yellow enough for me. Blueprint smacked a little of "respray" EH for me, a common practice in the early 70's and brought back bad vibs - so - I hope blood orange looks the goods in the flesh but more waiting waiting,waiting - if not Venom. I just hope the blood orange interior isn't too HSV lairy. If it is then an excuse for leather.

Where are those FPV specs so that I can get my order in otherwise I won't be getting my new baby until June 2003!! I cannot take this waiting, waiting, waiting.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.