Ford Forums banner

New GT vs old GT Eastern creek 3/3

5K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  HSV 
#1 ·
Blood Orange BA GT vs my XW GT Silver fox FOX 033.
Should make an excellent picture,the BA is trying to beat 13.0 and break into the 12s,very good chance with 4:11 diff centre and strengthened drive shafts.
If anyone is there this Wednesday say hello.

#4 ·
330boss said:
You mean the BA has 4.11???
If so how did he fit the 4.11`s and where did he get it done?
This was a hot topic at FPV day today, some people have changed gear ratio's in BA 5.4 auto's and found the ECU notices the change and dissallows the auto box to automatically change. Maybe something to do with the higher ratio and speedo not synchronising therefore not changing in conjunction with the gears??

But in a manual, this probably would be possible, except for i'm guessing speedo re-calibration?

The 4.11 diff aint the same size one out of the territory by any chance?

#6 ·
FOX said:
Blood Orange BA GT vs my XW GT Silver fox FOX 033.
Should make an excellent picture,the BA is trying to beat 13.0 and break into the 12s,very good chance with 4:11 diff centre and strengthened drive shafts.
If anyone is there this Wednesday say hello.
Spill the bean's give us more info on these 4:11 gear's for the BA.

#8 ·
Rodderz said:
This was a hot topic at FPV day today, some people have changed gear ratio's in BA 5.4 auto's and found the ECU notices the change and dissallows the auto box to automatically change. Maybe something to do with the higher ratio and speedo not synchronising therefore not changing in conjunction with the gears??

But in a manual, this probably would be possible, except for i'm guessing speedo re-calibration?

The 4.11 diff aint the same size one out of the territory by any chance?

I had that problem with the auto hitting the rev limiter and not changing after I put 3.7's in my EF. With the speedo reading wrong it was fine, it was after changing the speedo gear to correct the speedo that the problem appears. Basically the computer still thinks 1st gear can goto ~90 kays but of course with the shorter gearing it can't and you hit the rev limiter trying. Sounds like the exact same problem.

It was fixed by putting the original speedo gear back and using a digital ratio box under the dash to correct the speedo. A bit of wiring trickery is needed to split up the signal from the Vehicle speed sensor to make the transmission computer receive the unaltered signal.

#15 ·
There are a lot of LS1 owners who can crack a low 13 pass with around 230rwkw's or so, with edit, zorst and cai, most have 3.7 or 3.9 diff gears (except you simon with ya bog stock 3.4 diff...). It's very good to see that the high performance BA's with a few 100 more chow on board can crack a similar time with diff a diff change (and maybe cai and zorst too).

Imagine when the ECU is cracked??

#17 ·
Supa R00 said:
hmmmm interesting times.... maybe a diff upgrade for the GT's for BA2 to make em a bit quicker???
13.61 for a manual GT with a CAI & ZORST, is quick i would have thought...

#18 ·
What's the story FOX? I turned up to WSID last night and I see only 1 BA GT there, a Blood Orange with stripes. First run 14.5 second run 14.1, beaten both times by an immaculate Silver XW GT. I hope this wasn't you, because the 4.11 diff aint doing much if it was, although I believe it was. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come down to chat. Did you get a third run in?

It was a good night however with blenty of old school XW, XY, XB and XC GT's there doing times from 11.2 to 14's. The spectacular run off the night was a White XY along side a Black 68 Mustang, half way down the track the XY picks up some oil and crap on the track looses traction, just misses the wall twice and does a 180 skid to keep it from the wall or the next lane, the mustang luckily sees it and jumps on the skids and stops a foot or so from the GT, very close, the track closed for cleaning for 20 mintues, both underpants got a good clean as well. They came back later in the night and both ran again in opposite lanes and the GT put down a 11.2. Also just as I was leaving a Turbo charged Suzuki 1300 did a pass at 163mph-262km/h, unbelievable to see a guy hold onto a street bike at that speed

#19 ·
DGROMS.com said:
What's the story FOX? I turned up to WSID last night and I see only 1 BA GT there, a Blood Orange with stripes. First run 14.5 second run 14.1, beaten both times by an immaculate Silver XW GT. I hope this wasn't you, because the 4.11 diff aint doing much if it was, although I believe it was. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come down to chat. Did you get a third run in?

It was a good night however with blenty of old school XW, XY, XB and XC GT's there doing times from 11.2 to 14's. The spectacular run off the night was a White XY along side a Black 68 Mustang, half way down the track the XY picks up some oil and crap on the track looses traction, just misses the wall twice and does a 180 skid to keep it from the wall or the next lane, the mustang luckily sees it and jumps on the skids and stops a foot or so from the GT, very close, the track closed for cleaning for 20 mintues, both underpants got a good clean as well. They came back later in the night and both ran again in opposite lanes and the GT put down a 11.2. Also just as I was leaving a Turbo charged Suzuki 1300 did a pass at 163mph-262km/h, unbelievable to see a guy hold onto a street bike at that speed
Fox's car was the immaculate XW and the BARRA was his friends.Traction may have been the reason why the times were not better.Does any-one know the mph for the BA GT?

#20 ·
That turbo charged susuki 1300... soundslike a hayabusa.... unbeleievable! had a article on the bike once... it had a power to weight ratio of more than 1HP per KG i think...hehehe :fraz:

#21 ·
XRFPV8 said:
13.61 for a manual GT with a CAI & ZORST, is quick i would have thought...
Why would you assume that?GTP320 had a good look under the bonnet all is factory except for the above mods oh and the nitrous.LOL.

#23 ·
FPVGT said:
Why would you assume that?GTP320 had a good look under the bonnet all is factory except for the above mods oh and the nitrous.LOL.
Alex, you were supposed to but the nitrous hose in the manifold, not in your mouth..lol...yes ET:13.61 for the GT is the time to beat.....

#24 ·
FPVGT said:
Fox's car was the immaculate XW and the BARRA was his friends.Traction may have been the reason why the times were not better.Does any-one know the mph for the BA GT?
There was no traction problems. There was no chirping to be seen off the line or going down the quarter.

#25 ·
330boss said:
traction problems my ass .My standard XR8 ute is as quuick as that.What happend to the 4.11`s?????
Thats a pretty quick standard XR8.

At my first and only drag meet at Heathcote the fastest BA XR8 ran a 14.80.
The fastest Pursuit Ute(with Herrods mods) ran a 14.23 other Pursuits ran
14.41 and another 2 ran 14.69, not sure if these other utes had mods.

On my first run down the quarter in my stock auto T3 I managed a 14.20.

#26 ·
Yes that was my XW and I ran a 13.00 at 111mph,very happy with that,3:5 diff centre
and road tyres,
The orange BA coulndt get it together missing gears,traction troubles and nerves as well got the better of him,but started to get it together in the end and ran a 14.0,he was dissapointed but we both drove home with no problems,we had a ball,took some really good shots of old vs new the commentators were going off,awesome sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.