Ford Forums banner

New Monaro Bonnet off an XB ?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  boss 8 
#1 ·
A mate of mine with a good sense of humour mailed me his ideas on how GM came up with the new Monaro bonnet.Have to laugh----

A/ Design ops manager had just been blown off at the lights in his "Clubbie" by a yellow shi-box XC interceptor

B/ The design boys had a big night out on the turps and came home to watch Mad Max - again

C/ CEO rang up his mate in Bell Park Geelong for some styling ideas

D/ Must have been the result of an anxiety attack

I can't help but think this is a "we've got a bonnet scoop too" statement.

Ron

#5 ·
marcos04 said:
While I really like the look of 'nostrils' on the old XB Falcons, on the Monaro, they look ghey as shit! And along with their new aqua-ish colour, well, I don't have to say anymore.[/QUOT

Just another plasticky piece of shite from the minds of GMs finest.
I made sure no one was looking last Sunday arvo and actually went into a Holden yard to check out the latest VX SV6 :AAHHH: I can now clearly see why Motor Mag decided that the BA XR6 was a better car and the T certainly has nothing to worry about. It looked to me just the same as the VY crapboxes that Avis keep putting me into every time I arrive interstate. The same cheap nasty plasticy crap lined every millimetre of the inside, same switches, same sound system, same most everything. Like the catch up Monaro. JUST ANOTHER PIECE OF SH!T :zzz: :sperm:

#8 ·
I actually think they look more like the scoops off the Yanky Dodge Challenger. And yes, I do think there is a hint of HT / HG Monaro and old US GTO in them.

#9 ·
What the hell is this doing in the FPV forum??

#11 ·
Hypnodoc said:
marcos04 said:
While I really like the look of 'nostrils' on the old XB Falcons, on the Monaro, they look ghey as shit! And along with their new aqua-ish colour, well, I don't have to say anymore.[/QUOT

Just another plasticky piece of shite from the minds of GMs finest.
I made sure no one was looking last Sunday arvo and actually went into a Holden yard to check out the latest VX SV6 :AAHHH: I can now clearly see why Motor Mag decided that the BA XR6 was a better car and the T certainly has nothing to worry about. It looked to me just the same as the VY crapboxes that Avis keep putting me into every time I arrive interstate. The same cheap nasty plasticy crap lined every millimetre of the inside, same switches, same sound system, same most everything. Like the catch up Monaro. JUST ANOTHER PIECE OF SH!T :zzz: :sperm:
Hypnodoc
Now that is a very scary admission going to a Holden dealer.:AAHHH: I hope you wore appropriate protection, you never know what could have happened to you. :puke:

Doc I think you need to promise us all that this was a fit of temporary insanity and that it will never happen again. LOL

Steven

#12 ·
GTP151 said:
Hypnodoc
Now that is a very scary admission going to a Holden dealer.:AAHHH: I hope you wore appropriate protection, you never know what could have happened to you. :puke:

Doc I think you need to promise us all that this was a fit of temporary insanity and that it will never happen again. LOL

Steven
I promise, I promise. I can always compile a report that certifies I AM SANE :AAHHH:

#14 ·
The US version looks s@#t hot in comparison. The aussie monaro still looks like a girls car around the rear, no muscle. The US version has massive rolled rear guards, rear side vents, should bring it out like that here. Just looks like the same old monaro with bonnet holes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.