Oil Consumption......... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2005, 17:06   #1 (permalink)

Oil Consumption.........

I know this subject has been delt with before but I would like anyone who has had this problem to please let me know how they got it fixed and who did they talk to at FPV or Ford.

The 'fox' is coming up to 20,000kms and and is using on average 750ml per 1000kms, at one point (12k to 14k it used 1lt per 1000kms!!!).

I think I have been very patient, but I am about at the end of my tether so to speak. On my last conversation with FPV (Damien) I basically got no interest what so ever, basically told me to go through my dealer.

So, if anyone out there has had this problem successfully rectified can you let me know how. Forewarned is Forearmed..........

Thanks guys....

PS: Other than that the car is going great!!!! (Have still got your mobile number Simon )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005, 03:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: Oil Consumption.........

Hey mate, whos your dealer??? This is a problem that should have been dealt with.... Its a case of going in getting the oil watch done and getting it replaced.

If i can help please let me know. There are dealers and there are dealers.. I believe the dealer i use to be the best in Perth.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 16:35   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Hey mate, whos your dealer??? This is a problem that should have been dealt with.... Its a case of going in getting the oil watch done and getting it replaced.

If i can help please let me know. There are dealers and there are dealers.. I believe the dealer i use to be the best in Perth.
Hey Mate, it's Lane Ford here in Mandurah, to be honest they are doing the oil watch for FPV and are pretty good generally. It was FPV's attitude that has got me peeved. We'll see what happens next week.

Heard from Rick lately???
Old 05-19-2005, 17:37   #4 (permalink)
Previously Black XR

yep go thru a dealer

I have the sdame issue....been using 500ml to 750 ml per 100 since new...I'm at 36000 and I still use 500ml per 1000

the dealer put the paper work thru to FPV a month ago and its still dragging on..
I spoke to FPV yesterday and they werent a lot of help.....seems communication between fpv and dealers is one way.....they really need to work on it

...at this rate I'll be at 50000 before they fix the bloody thing.
Old 05-19-2005, 19:33   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk
Hey Mate, it's Lane Ford here in Mandurah, to be honest they are doing the oil watch for FPV and are pretty good generally. It was FPV's attitude that has got me peeved. We'll see what happens next week.

Heard from Rick lately???
every couple of days mate.. Hes still wrapped..

Mate Titans are the guys i use There customer relations is second to none!
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum