Ford Forums banner

OPTIMAX is it the best fuel to use ?

4K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  GTP 200 
#1 ·
Just your opinions on whats the best fuel to use on the GT.
My previous car a TE 50 i mostly used Shell Optimax and found it to be very good,or is there a better fuel to use,any opinions out there
Regards John

#3 ·
This is one for the expert's,everyone here has their own opinion some say it's good some say not so good,some say use the BP Ultimate (If you have access to it not like us poor bugger's in the bush), I use only Optimax in mine and havn't had any drama's but I can only reconmend using a Premuim type fuel for your beast,cheer's.

#4 ·
AUForte said:
I use Synergy 8000 when I run petrol, my car isn't a performance vehicle but from what I've heard the 8000 is more consistent than Optimax.

I think it comes down to personal experience and opinion. :shrug:

I have found the same thing. The Optimax can be very inconsistent. I use BP Ultimate or Mobil Synergy 8000 (both 98 Octane) in both my XB GT and EF XR6.

#5 ·
Ive been using Optimax for the last 6 months since converting to PULP. I've been only told good things about Synergy 8000, so I might give it a go sometime.

#8 ·
I usually use the BP Ultimate but will use Synergy if I have to - as for Optimax I take the view that the extra premium they want to charge for it compared to the other two isn't worth it for the inconsistencies.

Cheers
Russ

#10 ·
russellw said:
I usually use the BP Ultimate but will use Synergy if I have to - as for Optimax I take the view that the extra premium they want to charge for it compared to the other two isn't worth it for the inconsistencies.

Cheers
Russ
Here, here, Shell Optimax can be upto 12 c/lt above the price of standard ULP sometimes and 4-8 c/lt above other premium grade fuels so I don't think its worth it as well.

#11 ·
SPOT ON Fordhead I found the same thing BP is a much cleaner burn, so therefor must be the go !!!!

#12 ·
i really think it depends on the car.....my car loves bp ultimate and synegy but doesn't repond well to optimax and vortech wherea's other guys i know prefer optimax over the already mentioned.

#14 ·
well since i have to use 98 octane all the time on my R33, i use all 3, BP ultimate, Shell Optimax, Mobil Synergy... I find that BP is better for me, the car responds better, and u can barely hear the engine running! All 3 of them are good anyway!

Note: Never, never use Caltex Vortec if your car runs 98 octane only, becuase Vortec is 96 octane only!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.