Ford Forums banner

Pcoty times and GT times from Motor

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  MintEAFalcon 
#1 ·
PCoty times where are you guys the Ls1 boys have been on it all night.

Do people think the GT times are a bit disappointing they took it back to Lang Lang with a Ford test driver to get better times which some people are jumping up and down about.

Some interesting times posted:

SV8:
0-100km/h: 6.05s
0-400m: 14.03s (166.0km/h)
0-1000: 25.24s (212.7 km/h)
Top speed: 259km/h
Winton lap: 1m 45.37s

Monaro CV8:
0-100km/h: 6.06s
0-400m: 14.30s (162.6km/h)
0-1000: 25.70s (209.2 km/h)
Top speed: 270km/h
Winton lap: 1m 43.69s

HSV GTS:
0-100km/h: 5.24s
0-400m: 13.36s (177.8km/h)
0-1000: 23.83s (231.5 km/h)
Top speed: 275km/h
Winton lap: 1m 43.44s

HSV Maloo R8:
0-100km/h: 6.10s
0-400m: 14.30s (160.6km/h)
0-1000: 25.81s (207.7 km/h)
Top speed: 256km/h
Winton lap: 1m 44.91s

XR6T:
0-100km/h: 6.24s
0-400m: 14.35s (160.2km/h)
0-1000: 25.90s (202.2 km/h)
Top speed: 234km/h (speed limited)
Winton lap: 1m 46.28s

Significant events:
- SV8 was very tired at the end of the test day (tires rooted and hot engine meant slower times.
- CV8 top speed of 270km/h was surprisingly good, so was the Winton lap time.
- HSV GTS developed power steering problems
- Maloo R8 aerodynamically not as good as those above.
- XR6T - great performer despite the 'average' times - it got 3rd overall for PCOTY.

In a separate story on Motor...

The GT was tested. Motor managed a best time of 6.14s (0-100km/h) and 14.42s (0-400m).

As was the case with Wheels, they weren't happy with the times so they went to the Ford proving ground and handed the car to one of their engineers who posted the car's best performance times... the result was 5.81s (0-100km/h) and 14.06 (0-400m).

See less See more
#2 ·
Seems nobody is interested.... must be disappointment??

Anyway as i stated on the LS1 site, as it was a seperate story and not part of PCOTY as some people seemed to believe, i don't think there's too much wrong with it.. so MOTOR needed to do a bit of investigating to get the times down, so what, not an issue for me... what was dodgy was the 'lowering of the tyre pressure'....

btw, seems the SV8 will take out BFYB with times like that...

#7 ·
It seems reasonably clear to me that the XR6T times were down for the winton lap because it is speed limited....would be interesting to know what time it would get without the speed limiter

#8 ·
Lang Lang? I think not! That's Holdens proving grounds. Ford's is You Yangs in Lara (near Geelong).

#10 ·
they didn't use a Ford driver... read it a bit closer.. they just got some help and direction from the guys at the proving ground.

It also shows that the journos thought that there was more init but they couldn't get it. Whilst it means the figures aren't really comparable it shows that the car was capable.. just needed to be driven in a certain manner.

I still think that the gearing should have been changed to make the gear change just before the 400m mark un necessary.

When I change into 4th in the XA I generally get a 14.0 ish time... if I leave it in 3rd I can get 13.7. Then again .. I dont have a rev limiter so it can afford to rev a little bit longer. Either that or I should learn how to change gears :)

#12 ·
Interesting to note the comments about 'severe axle tramp' off the line. In fact, it sounds REAL bad. Now, call me a pain, but a performance car should not have axle tramp in today's world.

Bring on LSUG with traction bars I say!!!!!!

#13 ·
Viper8LitreV10 said:
It seems reasonably clear to me that the XR6T times were down for the winton lap because it is speed limited....would be interesting to know what time it would get without the speed limiter
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Motor said nothing about the speed limiter interfering with the XR6 Turbos times, nor do I think that it would ever get to that speed on winton.

#14 ·
None of the Holden/HSV's made the cut for the following reasons:

Holden SV8: Essentially rooted after its stint at Winton. Nobody wanted to drive it after the brakes and front tyres had faded to nothing.
"...we didnt have the heart to keep hammering it"
HSV Maloo: Too expensive for what it is and doesnt feel tight enough and lacks grip.
"...And while we're at it, the gearshift is truely aweful."
HSV GTS: Power steering box yet again shat itself around the Winton circuit and even with expensive Pirelli tyres, lacks grip on tight turn exits.

Meanwhile the XR6T powers on to the final six...

"Where the Falcon spoke volumes about build quality and durability was at Winton. The Falcon turned just as many laps as the SV8, but by the end of play, the fit XR6T wanted more while the SV8 felt as if it wanted to puke its guts up."
Need I say more? :bump:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.