Plasma Booster feedback - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2004, 02:42   #1 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Plasma Booster feedback

Just a bit of feed back on a product that I was testing from the U.S.

For those of you who don't know it was a multiple spark output module for the BA 5.4L

Some people bagged the shit out of me when I first shared what I knew about this module and it's possible benefits for total combustion burn but I did say I would let everyone know of the outcome after I had researched this product for use on our beloved BA's

The results concluded that this product is not suited for our Australian Ford Falcon BA 5.4L
No substanial power or torque gain was to be made or seen.

These are the joys of being in R&D but someone has to do it. I will post any other results that I have made of any other product that I test not being worthy of fittment.

I hope people can be appreciative of what I do and why there are comments and suggestions that I give out and not be looked at as just some stupid sandgropper from the west.

Regards,

Barry
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2004, 04:22   #2 (permalink)
goooone

Re: Plasma Booster feedback

I appreciate that you were honest enought to admit that it didn't work rather then some people who buys something that doesn't & tell you it goes full sick to justify there purchase & then other people end up wasting there money too.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:31   #3 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

Thanks Barry, it's good to get honest, quantitative assessments on the forums.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 00:40   #4 (permalink)

Gratefull for the honest advice. It's people like you and Herrods that will reap the benefit of honest advice in regard to mods that you either manufacture or remarket. If it doesn't work, and you're prepared to admit it in a public forum such as this, when something does work people will be much more likely to believe your advice - which should translate into sales.

Cheers!

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:11   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P
I hope people can be appreciative of what I do and why there are comments and suggestions that I give out and not be looked at as just some stupid sandgropper from the west.
Regards,

Barry

Barry!,

Never!!!!!

Your comments are received with great interest as, personally, I am looking at performance enhancements and don't want to waste my hard earned beer tokens on dud stuff!!

Cheers Mate,
Al
Old 01-12-2004, 15:05   #6 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Well that proves that Ford got the engine management right in at least one aspect

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 15:46   #7 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Well that proves that Ford got the engine management right in at least one aspect

This is true, I was surprised to find that when conected to our test instruments that the ECM's actually produce 3 spark outputs per combustion cycle. So they are actually multiple spark to begin with, adding more firing pulses actually decerased overall primary voltage to the coils.

Also as Boss 290's have higher compression ratio is why these engines are fitted with Denso Uridium spark plugs set with 1.1mm gaps so the flame does not blow out.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:10   #8 (permalink)

Cheers Barry,keep those performance upgrades coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum