Please Bring Back The GT-HO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 22:16   #1 (permalink)

Dear Mr Polites - Please Bring Back The GT-HO

Why ? because the GT-HO is generaly perceived to be a HOT Race Bred beast.

I know the pedantic talk about what the original HO was all about. I know they don't do production races like that anymore.

But fair dinkum youv'e come this far, Ford needs a car with power to weight to go head to head with HSV.

The GT is great but you need to have the ICON, the benchmark.
We too need to have a $90,000 super Ford that does 13 sec quarters.

I 100% understand David Flint but dissagree with his statement "There is more to it than power" Sure ! Yeah !.

To sell performance cars in big no's Bring on the super roo the HO.

Surely the Boss is good for another 60kw without a blower ?.

If Herrods can put an exhaust on and come up with another 30 KW what can the factory do ?

IF DJR can come up with a 300kw XR8 what can the factory do ?

And it has to idle with a rumble, an uneven idle, it has to bark, it has to throw you like a hammer.

SO there, I love the XR8, crazy about the GT + GT-P but please bring on a 350 kw power to weight match for the SV300.

The people will pay the premium, it doesn't have to be a budget car, they pay $200,000 for an M3 don't they ?.

Thanks Uncle Geoff- we are all 1000% behind you.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2003, 00:00   #2 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

While I don't know for sure, I suspect Ford is listening to people like you redwards, Ford knows that (despite all they have now) it needs a true flagship, that can beat (or at least match) the GTS. It might not even be called GTHO (I honestly don't care what they call it), but it will be a GTHO in spirit, and be a true icon car for Ford.

I don't think we have to really talk Ford into the idea. We just have to be patient.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:12   #3 (permalink)

The reason Herrods and DJR can get more power is because they do not have to comply withs ADR's and therefore their exhausts can be louder and get more power.
Old 03-26-2003, 17:14   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Funkypig
While I don't know for sure, I suspect Ford is listening to people like you redwards, Ford knows that (despite all they have now) it needs a true flagship, that can beat (or at least match) the GTS.
IMO it needs to stand head and shoulders above GTS, more like HRT427 (but with 4 doors). If Holden/HSV can pre-sell 250 HRT427s @ $215,000 then Ford should be able to pre-sell at least as many GTHOs at a similar price.

Speaking of HRT427...how come Joshua Dowling (drivel.com.au) hasn't been telling everyone that Holden are irresponsible by making a car that is so powerful?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 19:15   #5 (permalink)

I agree completely with funkypig - patience is key thing here...

Has anyone thought of the politcal angle on the GTHO thing?

Theories/rumours (which i know are just theories and rumours) suggest that HO will get Ford GT engine - supercharged 5.4, 500hp etc etc. Regular production of this car doesn't begin until 2004, and if Ford Oz want to use it, I dare say Ford US will make us wait whether ford oz decide to build it here or import it from US, so as not to steal GTs thunder as Ford's performance flagship. OK we know FPV have the resources to develop their own engine, but why would they spend that sort of money when they have one in the ford empire already?

Also, Ford Oz are known to be working on composite material panels in an attempt to shed kilos from Falcon. I doubt we'll see HO before these are ready...

So here's a prediction for thought...

Supercharged 5.4 and 6 speed manual from Ford GT.
Composite bonnet, doors, bootlid.
Mid to late 2004 release.

Come on Mr Polites and Mr Flint, how bout a clue?
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 23:15   #6 (permalink)

I have no doubt we will do a GT-HO some day, but for the moment we are working on other things. We can't do everything at once so you will just have to be patient . As we sit now ,we are not working on a GT-HO progam and with so many other programs in play it is unlikely we will get there for some time.
Geoff Polites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:33   #7 (permalink)

How special do I feel ?

Thanks for the reply.

I read the interview in Sydney's Daily Telegraph "Drive" section last week with an interview from (his name escapes me its late) Ford US Global marketing and R&D manager ?...

He said the Territory project is very important with @ 40% BA content.

Can't wait to see the final product, should have very broad market appeal, specialy with a Barra 182 or V8.

I understand the 4WD is very well engineered, not a Cadilac copy like Holden.

The interview made it clear that a sustained increase in market share va the BA is more of a priority than exporting, he said better to get your own house in order first.

Ok, so no HO for now but don't be surprised if someone else like Herrods or DJR do thier own version, most would agree there is an opening.

Anyway I'm doing my best to help the product thru my motoring page in the local media.

As I said before Keep up the great work, you have realy made a difference !. It was so cool to see you ride in the BA round Bathurst with Dick Johnson, that human touch means allot.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 14:17   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Polites
I have no doubt we will do a GT-HO some day......
Thats all I need to hear....all good things come to those who wait.
XF 5.0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 14:48   #9 (permalink)

Good enough for me! Thanks Geoff.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 23:26   #10 (permalink)
wanting 6 gears!

huh?? I thought they already had plans for a.. HO
blinkAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum