Possible solution. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2004, 19:39   #1 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Possible solution.

It seems that every thread quickly embraces a familar theme, GT owners defending their purchase against an army of detractors. I noticed there is no subsection for the "T" series cars. Is it possible that these guys have been overlooked? Do they feel that they don't belong? The administrators need to realise the errors of their ways and create one immediately. In giving our beloved "T" mates a forum it MAY lead to less "us versus them" dogfights.

Unfortunately, I noticed there was no chook-fuking-idiots subsection either, for all those others that just enjoy shit-canning the GT for whatever reason, namely they can't afford it.

Well it made sense to me anway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2004, 20:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Possible solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
It seems that every thread quickly embraces a familar theme, GT owners defending their purchase against an army of detractors. I noticed there is no subsection for the "T" series cars. Is it possible that these guys have been overlooked? Do they feel that they don't belong? The administrators need to realise the errors of their ways and create one immediately. In giving our beloved "T" mates a forum it MAY lead to less "us versus them" dogfights.

Unfortunately, I noticed there was no chook-fuking-idiots subsection either, for all those others that just enjoy shit-canning the GT for whatever reason, namely they can't afford it.

Well it made sense to me anway.
mmmmmmmmm - chicken
Old 09-02-2004, 22:21   #3 (permalink)

a welcome suggestion- one I fully support. Not that I don't want to be associated with FPV- it's just that my car is a Tickford; hey it's still a Ford.

If Xr6 and XR8 and Turbo, and Typhoon guys get one it only makes sense. I mean the Typhoon isn't even out (and it's a FPV) and it has one......

Agree 100% Coupeman- great suggestion. Nice to see some constructive ideas.........

Agree on the other one too.....
Old 09-02-2004, 22:27   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

We should be able to coexist.. it's always the same people bitching so if they just gave it a rest things would be far more pleasant. Tickford was the precursor to FPV and as such, at least IMO, they should be in the same forum'
Btw, if you click on the XR8 forum.. doesn't it look a little familiar...like the Aussie Falcons section?
Old 09-02-2004, 22:30   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacoupe
We should be able to coexist.. it's always the same people bitching so if they just gave it a rest things would be far more pleasant. Tickford was the precursor to FPV and as such, at least IMO, they should be in the same forum'
Btw, if you click on the XR8 forum.. doesn't it look a little familiar...like the Aussie Falcons section?
absolutely.
Old 09-02-2004, 22:31   #6 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Funny thing is that the caining the Gts seem to get,was all started by GT OWNERS........
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Old 09-02-2004, 22:42   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Funny thing is that the caining the Gts seem to get,was all started by GT OWNERS........
why do you feel the need to say that??
Besides, there was a very louding whining noise coming from one person with two cars .. I think the majority of anti GT posts seem to be based on that.
Old 09-02-2004, 22:51   #8 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

What a great idea, after all the fpv forum was the Tickford forum not that long ago, then it was removed and never replaced. So all of a sudden us Tickford guys had no were to go but to listen to all this stars in this eyes dribble from some of you, and then the unhappy GT owners started to
sh%tcan there GTs. Then get insulted and bagged because some of us didn't agree with how wonderfull the FPV product was. So yes please bring the Tickford forum back so we can get away from all this waffle, and live happily ever after..........
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Old 09-02-2004, 23:05   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll agree we should be able to coexist- I don't think that's the point.

I look forward to seeing a thread on the T series but most of what I read on the forum is GT dominant. I would like to post and read T series speciffic threads.

saying that Tickford was the precursor to FPV opens up a whole new argument with a Typhoon speciffic Forum etc.

What? FPV owners (more specifically GT/P) don't want to read about a Forced 6? But it's a FPV- it should be there too.

Hell all the people with Eb-au3 xr's should be posting stuff there too.

Tickford is not FPV. FPV is not Tickford.

FPV is the new performance arm- and so they should be entitled to their own forum (which they have). FPV have only released three models. Tickford had god knows how many (28 that I can think of- from EB XR6 to Au3XR8, T series 1,2,3, Pursuit 250, 2 GT's EB/EL, Tickford Fairlane, Sprints etc)

I like the idea also of talking with the XR owners who aspire to a T series, not the crap that goes on in this Forum.
Old 09-02-2004, 23:08   #10 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Quote:
why do you feel the need to say that??
Besides, there was a very louding whining noise coming from one person with two cars .. I think the majority of anti GT posts seem to be based on that.

So what you are saying if an owner of a gt bags it and is not happy with his purchase we must automatically think thats these are the ravings of a madman and must be dismissed immediately but if another owner say he is happy with his car we must automatically assume he is a very wise person. " a little unbalanced don't you think ".

Cheers

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum