Premium Roadside Assist - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2004, 04:06   #1 (permalink)

Premium Roadside Assist

I had the unfortunate pleasure of having to use the Premium Roadside Assist on sunday. I live in Brisbane and was up the sunshine coast for the day and had left the car for a few hours and when I returned at 5pm and started it it reved to about 3000rpm then settled to a very rough idle. Thinking it was maybe just a sensor fault I switched it off and tried again, the same thing happened. I then tried using the throttle to see if it was bad fuel or something that needed clearing, but nothing, even putting it flat to the floor didn't see the revs change one bit. So a few minutes on hold and an hour later an RACQ truck turned up to try and fix the car, I could of saved them the trouble and told them to send a towtruck straight up, but they wouldn't of listened. So he started it a few times, same deal, made a few phone calls and then said the towtruck was on it's way. So it was confirmed that the car had to spend the night in a holding yard and then would be towed to the nearest Ford dealer to be fixed. Upon checking my owners manual and in talking with the roadside assist guy I was pleasantly surprised to learn they would pay up to $100 in taxi fares (as I was more than 100k's from home) to get me home and that once the car was repaired up to $400 in towing expenses to return it to me.. First thing monday morning I walked across to my dealer and told them the story and explained that since they were going to pay for towing back to me when it was fixed at this unknown dealer, my preference was to have it towed to them first and have them fix it since they have worked on the car since new and especially since it was only in for it's 15000k service 2 weeks ago and again last week to have the engine mounts, tie rod end and oil pressure switch (2nd one of those in 2 weeks!). The service manager agreed it made sense and made a call to Roadside Assist to which they replied they would get back to him. I made a call myself when i got to work and they were adament that they had guidelines from Ford that the car would only be towed to me when it was repaired and that they would need authorisation from Ford to do otherwise. So I made a call the CRC and after a little bit of discussion and about 10minutes on hold it was confirmed that they would have the car towed to my dealer for them to effect the repairs! :) Turns out the throttle body or it's attached electronic components/sensors were faulty, it was replaced and the car is back on the road!

To cut a long story short, I want to say thankyou to the people at roadside assist and at the CRC for making things happen like they did. I have had a few bad experiences in dealing with Ford, the dealer and the CRC since I've owned the car which I have posted on here so thought it only the right thing to do to put some positive feedback on here as well!
yatesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2004, 01:17   #2 (permalink)
Old Grunt

Re: Premium Roadside Assist

Well done m8, nice to see you got the result that made sense.
Old 11-29-2004, 23:52   #3 (permalink)

RACV Total care, (which i assume is the vic version of what you mentioned)
is such good value,$150 a year and so far this year I've had about 17 service calls, (12 for alternator belts, why fix your harmonic balancer when RACV will put a new belt on every week for free!) 5 tows, all over 40ks, 4 taxi rides, a hire car for two days and a hotel for two days!
deepblueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 14:27   #4 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Ford Premium assist should be pretty similar to RACQ Total Care but it's a manufacturer product, not an RACQ product as such. RACQ get contracted to do it by Ford.

I work as a casual for a motoring club roadside assistance company and we deal with Ford Premium and their basic roadside assistance cover.

The service given by the people that do both the Premium and normal member extra cover is generally pretty good.

Good to hear there were no horror stories in your experience
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum