Veteran Ford Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for a new home
A quality product ....
Let's take a moment to look at this statement from the FPV product launch.
So far (from what I can gather) we have identified the following issues:
1. Standard brake packages that squeal.
2. Premium brake packages that:
(a) suffer pad knock off on Utes
(b) bind the caliper slide under hard use.
3. A number of early build GT-P's not fitted with power adjustable pedals.
4. A number of early build cars with oil consumption issues caused by overly hard ring packs.
5. A number of cars where the right hand bank timing chain tensioner has a poorly fitted gasket (the source of the rattle).
6. A predictive throttle control strategy that tries to second guess (poorly) what the driver actually wants.
7. Poorly fitted and bubbling stripe packs (some might argue that's only fair).
8. Noisy, baulky manual transmissions.
Now I know it's the first of the series and we can expect a few gremlins but the response to some of these things has been a litttle poor.
AP's issues with the Brembos are well documented, there is as yet no sign of relief for the brake squeal, the throttle strategy is being denied (unless you know the right people), the oil consumption is being tackled and properly, the fix for the binding slides is a crock of shit, the timing chain tensioners are being fixed but you have to rant to get it done, the pedals were (eventaully) retro fitted and the stripes just seem to be an ad hoc fix.
For a change, I'm not being overly critical. I'd just like to see a little more transparency from FPV on these and other issues with their dealer network so that we, the customers, don't have to rely on other sources of information.
Last edited by russellw; 10-22-03 at 05:08 AM.