A quality product .... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2003, 02:17   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

A quality product ....

Let's take a moment to look at this statement from the FPV product launch.

So far (from what I can gather) we have identified the following issues:

1. Standard brake packages that squeal.
2. Premium brake packages that:
(a) suffer pad knock off on Utes
(b) bind the caliper slide under hard use.
3. A number of early build GT-P's not fitted with power adjustable pedals.
4. A number of early build cars with oil consumption issues caused by overly hard ring packs.
5. A number of cars where the right hand bank timing chain tensioner has a poorly fitted gasket (the source of the rattle).
6. A predictive throttle control strategy that tries to second guess (poorly) what the driver actually wants.
7. Poorly fitted and bubbling stripe packs (some might argue that's only fair).
8. Noisy, baulky manual transmissions.

Now I know it's the first of the series and we can expect a few gremlins but the response to some of these things has been a litttle poor.
AP's issues with the Brembos are well documented, there is as yet no sign of relief for the brake squeal, the throttle strategy is being denied (unless you know the right people), the oil consumption is being tackled and properly, the fix for the binding slides is a crock of shit, the timing chain tensioners are being fixed but you have to rant to get it done, the pedals were (eventaully) retro fitted and the stripes just seem to be an ad hoc fix.

For a change, I'm not being overly critical. I'd just like to see a little more transparency from FPV on these and other issues with their dealer network so that we, the customers, don't have to rely on other sources of information.

Cheers
Russ

Last edited by russellw; 10-22-2003 at 05:08.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2003, 18:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: A quality product ....

FPV do not care about customers. They have no face with the car community.

FPV customer care is a waste of Ford's money.

Can ANYONE tell me who has contacted FPV with a real issue that FPV have handled remotely correcty?

I really would like to be proven wrong here, but my understanding is that FPV tell everyone your wrong and the only action is to settle with the dealer who is a franchise forced to sell faulty or inferior products - and them pay out of their profit margin to fix them.

Come on FPV, take some responsibility for your product and let the customer know they matter. Fix the genuine issues happily and let the customer know you do give a damn!!
eightoftwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 18:41   #3 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Gremlins: To be expected
Shitty Customer Service: Definately not expected...and certainly not tolerated.

Lift your game FPV...you have a range that brings back memories of classic Fords gone by, yet the problems that you have are, to say the least, disappointing.

Last edited by FordHawk; 10-21-2003 at 18:44.
FordHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 20:44   #4 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
I'd just like to see a little more transparency from FPV on these and other issues with their dealer network so that we, the customers, don't have to rely on other sources of information.

Cheers
Russ
Russell, I have formed the impression that you are, or work for, a Ford dealer. Am I correct - if I'm not, you certainly have excellent contacts!

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 20:57   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

JC: Russ isn't a dealer.

In my opinion FPV and quality do not belong in the same sentence. I sincerely hope that with time this situation improves. Having said that I note the quality of the sedans is way better than utes.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 23:00   #6 (permalink)

I don't completly agree with one of the statements that (eightoftwelve) made regarding that "FPV do not care about their customers",i'm sure it's in their best interest to look after the customers complaints,perhaps the PR people could improve regarding these issues,i'm sure once these gremlins are ironed out FPV will be back out in the forefront again and that's were they should be.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 23:54   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Russell, I have formed the impression that you are, or work for, a Ford dealer. Am I correct - if I'm not, you certainly have excellent contacts!
LOL! What is this work thing you speak of?? I'm self employed and try to do as little as possible and I very much doubt that Ford would tolerate me anywhere in their system even at a franchised dealership!

Cheers
Russ
Old 10-22-2003, 00:37   #8 (permalink)
Movin!

Has anyone actually spoken face to face with David Flynt or someone else high up at FPV that actually has answers, instead of going through the dealerships? To say that they dont care about customers or slag off the company i think is pretty harsh, they can certainly improve but i'm sure if you got to the source you'd find some answers...
Old 10-22-2003, 00:51   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
Has anyone actually spoken face to face with David Flynt or someone else high up at FPV that actually has answers, instead of going through the dealerships? To say that they dont care about customers or slag off the company i think is pretty harsh, they can certainly improve but i'm sure if you got to the source you'd find some answers...
Firstly it's FLINT.
Secondly, yes I have spoken to several of the senior engineering people at FPV as well as others there but that's because I have the means to do so. For most people the ONLY recourse open to them (besides the CSC) is their dealer as you well know.
Thirdly, I don't particularly care how harsh you think it is - try sitting in the position that some of the customers are in where they get far less information and a lot more bullshit than we get here and see if you think it's so harsh.

If you're going to be an apologist for them then at least consider the facts first.

Russ
Old 10-22-2003, 01:52   #10 (permalink)

Go Russ

I Like Steve Because Steves My Mate
I.L.SB 1
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum