Quarter Mile Madness - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2004, 15:14   #1 (permalink)

Quarter Mile Madness

Friday night it was on again. all drawn to calder for another round of car thrashing, and time to tell if the ute had "loosened" up any. After all, it now has 4600 klm on the dial.

I had the pleasure of lining up against this citric acid ute. some of you may know the car, and a few words to the wise..............

If anybody wants to know the real value of engine mods, lining up against this sucker will make an honest man out of you.

There are cars out there running some good numbers, and to all those people who are doing this, they deserve a pat on the back. Diff gears, aftermarket clutches in the manuals, all good mods.

This ute has none of these mods. And the next best boss ute has got all the mods.

Ive been building drag engines for years, and long enough to know that "speed is what you need" and the ET and MPH from this deal is fantastic. I am aware of a mod the owner tried, and i know for a fact it sent the car backwards bigtime.

He even buggered up the start. I think he was napping. the flash of green woke him up, and i was already pulling gears.

at the thousand foot, i saw the smiling owner kindly wave to me as he went past, and he buggered up again, pushing the gear lever forward instead of reverse.

he still pumped me.

I picked up a tenth from the mod that i made, so a 14.20 @ 100mph with 4600 on the clock im a happy man.

The owner of the citric acid ute is not happy with his mod, but his smile was so big he cracked his helmet.

Summer is on its way, and ill be back. mods are on the cards, and after a few thousand more k's, ill be back.

Great to see everyone out there, i had a run against a nice phantom sedan, i later noted it was jeff. The guy is also a great gear changer.

Thanks to all for a great night, and a nice buch of blokes. Further thanks to all the OFR's for the advice.
EB 5.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2004, 15:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: Quarter Mile Madness

last week u reckoned u had all mods bar exhaust,make up your mind,pants on fire
bedflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 15:55   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedflute
underdrives, helix, cai, and just fitted a cat back.
B4 cat back, my PB was a 14.3
now its a 14.2.

still stock headers though. its a 260 ute auto.
Old 09-19-2004, 16:15   #4 (permalink)

how can u be so sure u picked up a tenth thru a mod?
bedflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 17:09   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
how can u be so sure u picked up a tenth thru a mod?

I ran the car no less than 10 times without the cat back system. my best was a 14.30.

Then, i ran the car 12 times with the cat back installed. my best was a 14.20, and i didn't get a clean run, so its at least a tenth.

It showed a consistent 6-8 rwkw benefit on the dyno, so all the numbers look good.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:11   #6 (permalink)
rod

Quote:

OUCHHHh
not that my word means anything but i will vouch for Chris as i had seen the car earlier in the week & the exhaust "WAS" standard & on Friday night he had this great big drain pipe hanging out the ar$$ end

regards
rod
Old 09-20-2004, 04:19   #7 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Chris with a few more klm's on your clock some headers and a Unichip maybe better gearing you will get there, that 1st gear in the auto is so dam long....
i started with a 15.00...
never under esimate the power of OFR ....

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:37   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I gained 1.5 tenths just from joining OFR with NO other mods. I kid you not. OFR is the shit!
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:16   #9 (permalink)

Chris, maybe you should dust the cobwebs off the au, fit the alloys onto it, and a decent bloody zorst, i know that will put a smile on ya face
Old 09-20-2004, 15:05   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod
OUCHHHh
not that my word means anything but i will vouch for Chris as i had seen the car earlier in the week & the exhaust "WAS" standard & on Friday night he had this great big drain pipe hanging out the ar$$ end

regards
rod
hope your not implying that someones drainage had to suffer because i needed a cat back! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum