An R8 owners drive of an F6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 03:47   #1 (permalink)

An R8 owners drive of an F6

Well finally!!!! I managed to get me mate from work, who owns a very nice R8 clubbie, to take my girl for a spin.

On a quiet backroad out Guildford way ..... crawling along in second at about 2,500 rpm and he put the boot in........ Two word review of the girls torque?

JESUS CHRIST !!!!

Actually he had a few other things to say about the gearbox being tighter than his but a lot smoother on the change, he could not believe how quiet she was, etc etc but boy....... he is one sad clubbie owner now!

Thanks Simon.... its been a long wait.... and boy did this guy give me shit about the clutch thing earlier this year..... Ahhh Sweet payback it does not get any better than this.

An Xtreme Typhoon is being able to have your cake and eat it

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2005, 05:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: An R8 owners drive of an F6

Haha man I love hearing about your exploits on the Perth roads, turning peoples worlds upside down in the process!

Out guildford way hey? Damn could of picked me up almost for a spin :D
Terebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:43   #3 (permalink)

lol Peter, mate i took one of my Good customers who i tuned there xr6T...... 2 hours later he had traded the XR6T and bought a F6 lol ... Perths gunna be alive with F6's
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:01   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
lol Peter, mate i took one of my Good customers who i tuned there xr6T...... 2 hours later he had traded the XR6T and bought a F6 lol ... Perths gunna be alive with F6's
Simon,

Yes mate I have had my girl since Dec 6 last year............ and it is still a real bitch to get meself out of the seat........ just as he was going white in the face.... I had this insane grin on me face ........ sorry but am totally wrapped in these things . Your edit has only made things worse !!! ha ha

The only thing..... and I have to reluctantly agree with him is that the standard seats are not as good as his.... or the GT-P's for that matter............ but hell..... I can live with that........ oh by the way.... the Geraldton run is on again this Thursday........... ha ha those liberty GT's will be in Gin Gin and I will be waiting for them at Gero

Everyone I have let drive her are absolutely gobsmacked how docile she is one minute and completely feral the next (+3,000rpm). ... so sweet.

Peter
Old 07-18-2005, 06:11   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebro
Haha man I love hearing about your exploits on the Perth roads, turning peoples worlds upside down in the process!

Out guildford way hey? Damn could of picked me up almost for a spin :D
Terebro,

Mate with the way Simon has got my girl singing its not even fair . But the thing that makes it so good.... in a strange sort of way is that these are all the people that gave me soooooo much crap when all the clutch problem was going on.... this is my firat turbo car..... and have to say.... I am convinced..... the future is turbocharged

I am sure we will run across each other at some futire function.... any fellow true blue blood is always welcome to share me "Xtreme" cake

Peter
Old 07-18-2005, 15:18   #6 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Well finally!!!! I managed to get me mate from work, who owns a very nice R8 clubbie, to take my girl for a spin.

On a quiet backroad out Guildford way ..... crawling along in second at about 2,500 rpm and he put the boot in........ Two word review of the girls torque?

JESUS CHRIST !!!!

Actually he had a few other things to say about the gearbox being tighter than his but a lot smoother on the change, he could not believe how quiet she was, etc etc but boy....... he is one sad clubbie owner now!

Thanks Simon.... its been a long wait.... and boy did this guy give me shit about the clutch thing earlier this year..... Ahhh Sweet payback it does not get any better than this.

An Xtreme Typhoon is being able to have your cake and eat it

Peter
All the guys that work for me have been bagging me for selling my T3 and buying a girls Ute with a six cylinder......They say no matter what it will never sound like the 5.6ltr and they are correct no worries

They reckon it can’t be as fast either! even if it has a hair dryer on it, so since getting the fuel pump fixed on Friday I took a couple of the boyz for a run and every one of them Shat!!!! absolutely gob smacked was one HSV nutter and now every one of them are praising it not bagging it, which like you I copped for over 8 months with the clutch issues.

Like you say... Second gear @ 60~70 kmh and squeeze the peddle and she steps out sideways makes their eyes pop..arms going everywhere looking for something to hang onto hahhahahahahahh

Peter was that you driving over the Bridge over the Tonkin at the Airport yesterday around 6pm?
If so you passed me..I was stoped to turn right onto the Tonkin..The F6 looks good in Velocity..

BTW Peter My gearbox was actually quiet and the shift was excellent, Ben and Simon who have driven it commented on its smoothness compared to their F6 box ..even so I change the oil to Transmax Z which is a full synthetic that replaces the factory Dextron III and its even better now.
I can recommend it 100% and with the extra Torque you now have it probably pay you to use a better oil as that box as its copping @ 200more nm than before.

Like wise the engine oil pressure was always low around ¼ when hot so I switched to Formula R 10~60 and it now sits just over ½ at idle when HOT.. Besides with that much power I think STD multigrade oils will struggle and a full synthetic is the way to go after she is run in of course.

I have also read that the STD brake fluid is not up to scratch when pushed and boils?????????
Recommendations are to dump it and use a high temp brake fluid but I haven’t pushed mine that hard yet but I Thing maybe a complete Blood transfusion from engine to brakes is a must after a good tuning from Extreme.
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 15:39   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
All the guys that work for me have been bagging me for selling my T3 and buying a girls Ute with a six cylinder......They say no matter what it will never sound like the 5.6ltr and they are correct no worries

They reckon it can’t be as fast either! even if it has a hair dryer on it, so since getting the fuel pump fixed on Friday I took a couple of the boyz for a run and every one of them Shat!!!! absolutely gob smacked was one HSV nutter and now every one of them are praising it not bagging it, which like you I copped for over 8 months with the clutch issues.

Like you say... Second gear @ 60~70 kmh and squeeze the peddle and she steps out sideways makes their eyes pop..arms going everywhere looking for something to hang onto hahhahahahahahh

Peter was that you driving over the Bridge over the Tonkin at the Airport yesterday around 6pm?
If so you passed me..I was stoped to turn right onto the Tonkin..The F6 looks good in Velocity..

BTW Peter My gearbox was actually quiet and the shift was excellent, Ben and Simon who have driven it commented on its smoothness compared to their F6 box ..even so I change the oil to Transmax Z which is a full synthetic that replaces the factory Dextron III and its even better now.
I can recommend it 100% and with the extra Torque you now have it probably pay you to use a better oil as that box as its copping @ 200more nm than before.

Like wise the engine oil pressure was always low around ¼ when hot so I switched to Formula R 10~60 and it now sits just over ½ at idle when HOT.. Besides with that much power I think STD multigrade oils will struggle and a full synthetic is the way to go after she is run in of course.

I have also read that the STD brake fluid is not up to scratch when pushed and boils?????????
Recommendations are to dump it and use a high temp brake fluid but I haven’t pushed mine that hard yet but I Thing maybe a complete Blood transfusion from engine to brakes is a must after a good tuning from Extreme.
Tornado,

Yeah I hear you about all the garbage (most of it good natured I hope) you had to put up with when the clutch was still being sorted out.... sheesh talk about FPV giving HSV a free kick. But yeah now that Simon has her running how I wanted ..... payback is soooooo sweet . Dont get me wrong they are good mates at work...... but they have had a few of their ideas set straight by my girl

As for crossing the Tonkin yep that was the right time and place for me..... In fact I know its sad but I now spend many early morning runs at 4 am..... up and down the Roe highway, up the hills etc ..... That bastard Simon has me addicted to this thing now ha ha!!! Like the ad says.... can't get enough.

Appreciate the tips on the oil, am planning to switch to Castrol R at the next change (20,000km) she has 16500 on her right now. we must swap notes sometime... maybe organise a phototshoot at Simons, have you seen that new black beast of his..... evil

What a rush these things are, mate I have seen the future of performance cars...... and it is turbocharged :). Enjoy you girl!

Peter

PS having said all that there was one moment of regret, I was lucky enough to go to the Clipsal 500 this year, had a corporate box on pit straight.... and OMG.... have not heard anything sweeter in my life than a grid full of V8 supercars launching... ha ha sex for the ears.
Old 07-18-2005, 15:51   #8 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Tornado,

Yeah I hear you about all the garbage (most of it good natured I hope) you had to put up with when the clutch was still being sorted out.... sheesh talk about FPV giving HSV a free kick. But yeah now that Simon has her running how I wanted ..... payback is soooooo sweet . Dont get me wrong they are good mates at work...... but they have had a few of their ideas set straight by my girl

As for crossing the Tonkin yep that was the right time and place for me..... In fact I know its sad but I now spend many early morning runs at 4 am..... up and down the Roe highway, up the hills etc ..... That bastard Simon has me addicted to this thing now ha ha!!! Like the ad says.... can't get enough.

Appreciate the tips on the oil, am planning to switch to Castrol R at the next change (20,000km) she has 16500 on her right now. we must swap notes sometime... maybe organise a phototshoot at Simons, have you seen that new black beast of his..... evil

What a rush these things are, mate I have seen the future of performance cars...... and it is turbocharged :). Enjoy you girl!

Peter

PS having said all that there was one moment of regret, I was lucky enough to go to the Clipsal 500 this year, had a corporate box on pit straight.... and OMG.... have not heard anything sweeter in my life than a grid full of V8 supercars launching... ha ha sex for the ears.
With that much Grunt I dont think I'd be waiting another 4000km before changing oil as the std Multigrade would be totally useless by then...

I never go over 10,000 km with Full synthetic and usually like to dump it @ 7,500km which is overkill I know (for syn) but Oil is cheap compared to engine's and with your 300+rwkw's multigrade would be struggling to do 5,000 km at the most.
We are talking about a 270fwkw engine which is now 400fwkws farrrrrrrrrkkkkk STD oil aint gunna make it last I dont think..

when you speak to Simon next ask him what his oil was like after 2000km ..not good but @ 270 its probably fine...
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 16:47   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
With that much Grunt I dont think I'd be waiting another 4000km before changing oil as the std Multigrade would be totally useless by then...

I never go over 10,000 km with Full synthetic and usually like to dump it @ 7,500km which is overkill I know (for syn) but Oil is cheap compared to engine's and with your 300+rwkw's multigrade would be struggling to do 5,000 km at the most.
We are talking about a 270fwkw engine which is now 400fwkws farrrrrrrrrkkkkk STD oil aint gunna make it last I dont think..

when you speak to Simon next ask him what his oil was like after 2000km ..not good but @ 270 its probably fine...
Mate,

she already has had one change, 10,000 km is what I am planning for the change interval, although you do make a good point about dropping her back to 7500. For most of that 16,000 km she was running standard tune.

cheers

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum