A real and inexpensive upgrade for FPVs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2003, 00:33   #1 (permalink)
Beastmaster

A real and inexpensive upgrade for FPVs

Dear Mr Flint, Mr Polites and team.

I have for the second time managed to scrape the bottom of my front body kit on a bad gutter. This really has me upset as now my lovely GT-P has marks on it.

Please can you engineer into the new models (and maybe make an upgrade for my one, I will pay for it) some form of buffer made of similar coloured replacable nylon pads. e.g. light blue ones for Blueprint, purple ones for Phantom etc.
The buffer pads could be attached by clips or push in plugs to yhe bottom of the existing body kits and be easily replaced when damaged rather than a $150 respray.

I realise such things require a lot of work to become a part of a new vehicle and you guys are pretty busy with what you already doing but it is the little things that make a good thing GREAT.

Your faithfully

Flappist
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2003, 01:05   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The AU T-Series had a black plastic cover that sat under the front bar which saved the underside of the bar from the scrapes. As suggested it was held on by plastic clips. Looks like another $ saved.
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

hi, have you tried going into a gutter on an angle so the tyres get there before the bodywork??? i know with my car (even thought it isnt low) that if i hit a gutter dead straight or almoast straight my number plate bends (not exactly the same situation as you though) whereas if i go in on an angle so the wheels touch the curb before anything else it doesnt.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:52   #4 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

I scrapped the bottom of the front spoiler of my XR6T coming out of the service station.
I used to own a lowered VS SS and i never had a problem coming out of the same servo.

Good idea flappist

I'm going to my local Ford dealership tomorrow to see if they have any spoiler protectors for BA's.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:55   #5 (permalink)
rod

greetings all
i belive the black plastic cover that russell is talking about is still there on a FPV car & they call it a surfboard

i would be a little worried if there was some type of buffer block on the bottom of the bar as it would make the front bar more rigid & instead of it bending up & scratching a little it would more that likely cause the bar to break

i am at the other end of the scales to you "FLAPPIST" as i like my cars to be on the deck, my XH XR-6 was lowered approx 60mm from the tickford spec's & i didnt have any problem & my AU XR-8 is 40mm lower than tickford spec's & yes it touches if you are not carefull, my wife has hit it a few times but still no fractures

just out of interest i am looking at lowering my pursuit when it arrives

regards
rod
Old 05-25-2003, 03:16   #6 (permalink)
Red-i

Guys, you purchased a "sports" version of a mass produced car. I't gonna be much lower than a standard car, which requires a bit of a "level" head when driving around in the 'burbs, ie. park a bit out of the gutter, drive onto speed humps on a angle, etc... it's a pain in the .. but if not, I'd get myself a base model.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:24   #7 (permalink)
SM

...................rushes out to trade the GT-P in on an XT!!
Old 05-25-2003, 04:19   #8 (permalink)
XR8 Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Red-i
Guys, you purchased a "sports" version of a mass produced car. I't gonna be much lower than a standard car, which requires a bit of a "level" head when driving around in the 'burbs, ie. park a bit out of the gutter, drive onto speed humps on a angle, etc... it's a pain in the .. but if not, I'd get myself a base model.
i agree, you are driving a lowered car, my solution is to try harder not to hit driveways so quickly and take speed bumps on angles!
SiKEDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:24   #9 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Me too. I was sooo pissed off te other night coming ot of a fish and chip drive though when I scraped the bottom of my GT front. Luck I was doing .00005 kilometer of an hour.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 18:01   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

He he he. At least you know YOU did it. My front bar was a disaster zone before I got the car. Completely and utterly rogered.
I agree a surfboard type setup would be real good.

As for lowering a Pursuit, I doubt with the front bar the way it is you'd be able to drive the car anywhere!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum