Ford Forums banner

Rear Ender - Oh the Pain!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Adventra 
#1 ·
Had some crazy P plater slam up my bum last week.

Only damaged the rear bar (no lights or other panels involved).

Lucky he was insured. Dropped the car in Tuesday morning for fix - still there now Friday as the Bar still has not been delivered.

Turns out that the rear bar (unpainted) costs the panel shop $2,060 and the other guys insurance company pooped themselves and tried to imply that the old one could be scrubbed up. BS!

In addition, the delay is due to the fact that dealers do not carry these parts, so need to come from FPV, another delay.

In addition, I need to come back in a weeks time to get the stripes put on. So, that will be up to 5 - 6 days in the panel shop for a simple rear bar replacement.

Anyway, no wonder insurance is high on these things!

#2 ·
Had the same thing happen to me in my BA XR6, only had it for 10 days when it happened, it cost RACV $5300 to get it fixed and only took them 2 weeks to do it.

#3 ·
heres a lesson for all....DONT HAVE INSURANCE?? GET IT. used to be worried about hitting cars like Mercs and BMWS no you even gotta worry about hitting fords.
well at least the damage was only superficial and not enough to damage the panels.

#4 ·
davway said:
heres a lesson for all....DONT HAVE INSURANCE?? GET IT. used to be worried about hitting cars like Mercs and BMWS no you even gotta worry about hitting fords.
well at least the damage was only superficial and not enough to damage the panels.
Yep, theres no such thing as a cheap bingle any more! You hit a new car and start the repair bills at $5000+......they add your own repair bills on top! :AAHHH:

#5 ·
The slight damage that happened to mine, front end, bits and pieces came to a total of $3500, and thats not replacing the front bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.