Rear mags for GT-P - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2003, 23:32   #1 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Rear mags for GT-P

In that the beast seem to spend most of its time spinning on the strip I am thinking of aquiring a new set of rims and tyres purely for play.

Does anyone know if there is a 17" rim that will fit over the brembos and if not any decent strip tyres for 18x9.

"Street Slicks" would be ok..
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2003, 02:44   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Rear mags for GT-P

Am doing some research into the same thing at the moment - hardest part is getting a straight answer to what the offset actually is.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 19:13   #3 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Re: Re: Rear mags for GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Am doing some research into the same thing at the moment - hardest part is getting a straight answer to what the offset actually is.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Russ
russellw, if you want to know what the offset is just either get your ford dealer to look it up in the spare parts list. There is two different GT-P wheels, the front offset is 30 somethings, the back is much more and will be listed, or what you could do is take off a rear wheel and the offset is stamped on the inside of the mag. If you were after some larger mags maybe look at the djr XR8, it has 285 wides on the rear I think they were using HMS rims, maybe contact Rob Herrod and see what he can do for you
Old 09-03-2003, 01:10   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Re: Re: Rear mags for GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
russellw, if you want to know what the offset is just either get your ford dealer to look it up in the spare parts list. There is two different GT-P wheels, the front offset is 30 somethings, the back is much more and will be listed, or what you could do is take off a rear wheel and the offset is stamped on the inside of the mag. If you were after some larger mags maybe look at the djr XR8, it has 285 wides on the rear I think they were using HMS rims, maybe contact Rob Herrod and see what he can do for you
I know I'm getting old and senile but I'm not that bad yet.
Microcat (the present spare parts catalogue) doesn't give that sort of information detail.
The FPV workshop manual supplement isn't yet released (along with some major parts of the BA one).
DPSG (the badly misnamed dealer parts support group) would be hard pushed to know if their asses were on fire unless someone sent them a memo.
The BA wheels don't have the offset stamped on them with anything other than a code (and not the part code).

We've presently lodged a support request with FPV so we'll see what comes from that.

I'm not after anything larger. Just something that I can mount a spare pair of semi slicks on when required.
At the present rate I'll probably just spend the grand and buy a pair of factory wheels - although I am reliably informed that the FPV centre caps are listed as ONR. For the uninitiated ONR means Obsolete, Not Replaced.

Not bad less than six months into the life cycle.

Cheers
Russ
Old 09-03-2003, 03:05   #5 (permalink)

Measure the backspaceing yourself. Place a straight edge across the back surface of the rim and measure the clearence to the rear of the mounting hub of the rim.
Old 09-03-2003, 15:57   #6 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear mags for GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
I know I'm getting old and senile but I'm not that bad yet.
Microcat (the present spare parts catalogue) doesn't give that sort of information detail.
The FPV workshop manual supplement isn't yet released (along with some major parts of the BA one).
DPSG (the badly misnamed dealer parts support group) would be hard pushed to know if their asses were on fire unless someone sent them a memo.
The BA wheels don't have the offset stamped on them with anything other than a code (and not the part code).

We've presently lodged a support request with FPV so we'll see what comes from that.

I'm not after anything larger. Just something that I can mount a spare pair of semi slicks on when required.
At the present rate I'll probably just spend the grand and buy a pair of factory wheels - although I am reliably informed that the FPV centre caps are listed as ONR. For the uninitiated ONR means Obsolete, Not Replaced.

Not bad less than six months into the life cycle.

Cheers
Russ
Sorry Russ but I believe you are wrong on this one. I had to order a new front wheel as I lost one down a ditch. I went to my dealer and another and got two quotes. The front wheels for a GT are BAT1007A, The description is Wheel 18 x 8 36.5P <--This is the offset, this is also stamped on the inside of the mag as I had to take it off and replace it with the spare, which also had the offset 36.5 stamped on the inside, maybe there is a BAT1007B which is the rear, if you want I will visit my Ford dealer and get a quote and get the info for you either today or tomorrow if you still haven't got it
Old 09-04-2003, 01:54   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear mags for GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
Sorry Russ but I believe you are wrong on this one. I had to order a new front wheel as I lost one down a ditch. I went to my dealer and another and got two quotes. The front wheels for a GT are BAT1007A, The description is Wheel 18 x 8 36.5P <--This is the offset, this is also stamped on the inside of the mag as I had to take it off and replace it with the spare, which also had the offset 36.5 stamped on the inside, maybe there is a BAT1007B which is the rear, if you want I will visit my Ford dealer and get a quote and get the info for you either today or tomorrow if you still haven't got it
Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.
The rear wheel is actually a BAT1007 D but we can't find any mention of the offset in the description.

Cheers
Russ
Old 09-04-2003, 15:46   #8 (permalink)
Blood Orange Pursuit

Flappist
i have had a long & frustrating search for a decent wheel package for the pursuit. i tried simmons first but they don't have a wheel offset to fit YET !, then i tried ROH drift R (guranteed to fit) didn't fit.
So i tried to get Original wheels and was told that they are not readily available yet.
BUT perserverance paid off and i finally found a wheel that fits - it is the same as used on the Team GT falcon, Enkei RP02 they come in 18 x 8 and 18 x 9 , i got them for use at the track with slicks, and they are great, lightweight and look good too. I got them for $450.00 each
they also come in a 36mm & 39mm offset (i think).
i got the 18 x 8" wheels so i can rotate slicks all round. maybe the 9" will fit on the rear, the 9" won't fit the front without a spacer.

ps. have you posted any photos from the FPV day at QLD raceway, stupidly i forgot my camera that day....
Old 09-04-2003, 17:33   #9 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconhell
Flappist
found a wheel that fits - it is the same as used on the Team GT falcon, Enkei RP02 they come in 18 x 8 and 18 x 9 , i got them for use at the track with slicks, and they are great, lightweight and look good too. I got them for $450.00 each
they also come in a 36mm & 39mm offset (i think).
These would be the best for track use, etc (that's why Team GT use them) & they are bloody light. I canít remember the figure but it is a couple of kilos lighter per wheel! The Team GT website may have pics, but they are a five-spoke style with impossibly-thin looking spokes. But since they havenít had a breakage in a couple of seasons racing they must be strong.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 21:40   #10 (permalink)
Beastmaster

I went to the BJ TMart in Maryborough this morning and asked the owner for his advice.
As he too owns an FPV he was also interested.
We tried a set of standard XR8 17" mags on the rear and.....
Wahooooo they fit perfectly.
So now the tyres (265/40x17 Nitto) are on order and hope to get to Willowbank for the next T&T.

Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum