Revhead but clueless - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 00:19   #1 (permalink)
Can't wait to be in a V8

Question Revhead but clueless

I am after some info regarding some simple mods that can be done to a GTP that won't affect warranty but will increase performance. As the title suggests i love fast cars but when it comes to modifying them to go faster i wouldn't have a clue.
I love the BAII shape, especially the GT but it is hard to ignore the fact it has no balls. Go elsewhere you say...what, like holden, whatever. I think i'll stick to buying a GTP and adding some mods after. Can anyone recomend someone here in Sydney to go to.
Cheers
GTposiblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 04:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Revhead but clueless

[b] Hi Gt Posiblee

I Think The First Thing You Should Do With Your Car Is Put It On The Dyno And See What You Have At The Rear Wheels Then You Could Plan Your Mods Accordingly.

My Car Is Ba Mkii Gt 0755 Manual Which I Had Dynoed On The 04.02.2006
It Made 254.3 Kws At The Rear With No Mods And 3200 Kms On The Clock. The First Two Runs Netted 1. 269.6 And 270.4 But The Air Pod Cover Was Not Closed Properly. Then The Next Two Produced 254.3 And 254.7 Final Run Was 254.3 Kws Running On 98 Octane Caltex Vortex I Am Shell Shocked At The Figures
Can Some Show Me How To Post My Dyno Sheet So I Can Prove It.
On The Road My Car Is No Slouch Either Accounting For Many Holdens,hsv,modifyed Lightly Skylines And Wrxs It Just Gets Up And Goes
What A Blast It Is
P.s I Did Drive A Clubsport R8 Extensively Before I Made My Choice And I Have Never Looked Back
NCHANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 16:52   #3 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: Revhead but clueless

FPV are apparently really cracking down on warranty claims for ridiculous reasons. Someone had a warranty claim denied for a stuffed auto because he had a cat back exhaust and cold air intake. WTF. I think getting a flash tune via the CAPA Edit is the way to go as this will transform your cars performance without being seen by service mechanics as you can put the standard tune back in it when you go to get it serviced. It is supposed to be undetectable and i'm yet to see any evidence that Ford can detect it. A custom tune is the way to go from a reputable tuner that knows what he's doing. A full exhaust and cold air intake will also help performance and sound a lot better if you want to go down that route.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum