Rim for my GTP. Help Needed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2004, 03:58   #1 (permalink)

Rim for my GTP. Help Needed

Well as some of you know, I was looking to get the ROH Modena rims for my GTP and as some of you mentioned they dont fit on the front because of the Brembo's. Turs out they are available custom made to fit the GTP but I can't wait the 6-8 weeks for them to be made.

So what does that leave me??

I need help, I need to get some feedback from people who have tried other rims on the GT/GTP's which looked good? which didint? and more importantly which fit?

I am looking at something that will show the brembo's a bit more than the 7 spoke so probably a 5 spoke

any help would be great

Cheers
Jim
JimBoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2004, 04:44   #2 (permalink)
ESP Man

Re: Rim for my GTP. Help Needed

Jim,
I know a guy that runs Enkei RP02 rims on his BA GT but not sure if he has Brembos.

These are an open 5 spoke rim and very light. Up to 18 x 9 available. You can see them at www.magsandturbo.com which is a NZ site but plenty of retailers stock em here

You could also do more research in the Suspension Wheels and Tyres section of the Forums
Old 01-05-2004, 05:03   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynet
Jim,
I know a guy that runs Enkei RP02 rims on his BA GT but not sure if he has Brembos.

These are an open 5 spoke rim and very light. Up to 18 x 9 available. You can see them at www.magsandturbo.com which is a NZ site but plenty of retailers stock em here

You could also do more research in the Suspension Wheels and Tyres section of the Forums
maybe there is someone out there that can lend you 2 rims for the front of your car till you have the ones made that you want, i think the BA XR8 18'' rims will fit with the brembo's....

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 14:57   #4 (permalink)

JimBoss, I had the same problem with my GTP. I could only find one type of rim that would fit the brembo brakes. ROH fury 19inch by 8inch. There was nothing else that did not need a spacer. They are a five spoke rim that will only take 245/35/19. Check with the BBS distributor in melbourne because they may have rims that can be drilled for the GTP. I spoke to a suspension company that does european cars and they have the stud centres drilled for the car. This same company is also looking at suspension mods for the gt's that are racing this year.
GTP193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 16:58   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP193
JimBoss, I had the same problem with my GTP. I could only find one type of rim that would fit the brembo brakes. ROH fury 19inch by 8inch. There was nothing else that did not need a spacer. They are a five spoke rim that will only take 245/35/19. Check with the BBS distributor in melbourne because they may have rims that can be drilled for the GTP. I spoke to a suspension company that does european cars and they have the stud centres drilled for the car. This same company is also looking at suspension mods for the gt's that are racing this year.

i thought the Fury's needed a spacer, my concern was the fury's would sit in at the back and look a bit out of wachk without the spacers.

i am going to have a look at some shops right now, i'll report how i go.

i am after 19" rims so its even harder to find a good set of rims, then to see what fits.
Old 01-05-2004, 22:58   #6 (permalink)

well after a hard day of looking for rims. i can honestly say i am about to loose my mind!

there is very little available at least rims that look good.

anything that looks good generally needs to be imported and the prices of these are pretty high. so after a full day of lookingi am pretty much back at square one.

I will keep you updated!

Jim
Old 01-06-2004, 01:51   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

18" White OZ Racing Five Spokers.

Can't go wrong, sexy with a black car and Brembos showing through, they're V8Supercar style mags incase you're wondering.
Well thats my taste anyway!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:41   #8 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Do whatever ya have to do to tide ya over to the Modena's are get there, they are one of the best looking wheels available at the moment anywhere.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum