On Sale Date for GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2002, 19:20   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

On Sale Date for GT

Oh now I'm getting around in the highly potent EB2 Half-a-Dozen auto wagon and waiting for the GT I read in Wheels that GT is due in March next year. Now, without saying anything definite I heard different from Geoff P. and I hope what he said is the right thing because by March AP will be in an institution. A Half-a-dozen is not gonna satisfy my addiction

I hope to see the new GT running around late Jan, early Feb!!!!!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2002, 19:59   #2 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop

When did you sell your car?
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 20:05   #3 (permalink)

I think that it is a good marketing ploy for Ford to release a later delivery date than what is necessary. I have seen so many disappointed customers on forums such as this being fobbed off by companies that promised release dates that never eventuated and then their subsequent dates also never eventuated and so on and so on.

Imagine putting a deposit on a GT tomorrow and being advised that the delivery date is March - seems like a long wait but this is the car you have dreamed of most of your adult life. In late Jan you get a call from the salesman saying your car will be ready in 2 weeks if you are interested in settling early - how excited and pleased are you going to be. Who can honestly say they were disappointed that their ordered goods arrived earlier than expected - pregnant women excepted.

And those that don't want to wait till March didn't really WANT the car in the first place.

Right now there are few cars that I envy on the road - this will be one of them.

Why ? Because I Can :-)
BammasAUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 20:20   #4 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Bammas I understand your point but from my experiences ordering new cars and ive had a few not once, again not once have i had the salesman call to tell me my car is ready earlier than expected, infact it is the customer calling the Salesman why the delay ?
I will WANT the car after my Series 3 but I don't WANT to wait 5mths even if it is a dream.....

Just my $5 worth

BD
Old 10-22-2002, 22:17   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I don't think AP actually said he wouldn't wait. But we have been waiting some months now already and the thought of another 5 months on top is enough to drive you into the funny farm.

Of course we will wait as long as it takes - would just be nice if it is at the earlier end of the estimates and not the latter.

Besides which Chucky will kill me if he doesn't have a GT-p wedding chariot!

Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 22:42   #6 (permalink)

I apologise if it appears as if I was having a go at AP - this was not my intention. I was only stating my opinion of the situation as it stands.

Bluedriver - I have in fact ordered a car previously and was advised of a 4 week delivery wait only to receive the car in 2 weeks. I have also encountered the other end of the scale where I ordered a car and was told 4 weeks and received the car 8 weeks later. I know which one I preferred.

I must admit that 5 months is a long time but good things come to those who wait. Imagine the amount of feedback that is coming out of the SMS and this forum that is useful to the boys @ FPV in finalising their specs. I am surprised that they haven't released any details of the interior yet as I believe that this can help make/break the GT as a 'heros' car. I guess it will all come in due course. I am not in a hurry as I still have in excess of 3 years left on my lease and it will take that long to convince my wife that the GT won't cost any more than the XR - yeah right.

Bamma.

Why ? Because I Can :-)
BammasAUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 23:19   #7 (permalink)
Crikey

Quote:
Originally posted by BammasAUIIIXR8
I am not in a hurry as I still have in excess of 3 years left on my lease and it will take that long to convince my wife that the GT won't cost any more than the XR - yeah right.

Bamma.
Know the feeling mate, I am in exactly the same situation, though in the long run I think our longer wait will coincide with the series 2 or 3 release which are usually improvements on the first model.... well at least that is what I am saying to myself to appease the "I must get a BA" bug.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 23:27   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I'm planning on telling the missus about the new car when I drive it home. By that time it's gonna be too late and I'm counting on a few days of hell being worth it in the long run...... he he nuff nuff

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 23:32   #9 (permalink)
Motorbike rider

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
I'm planning on telling the missus about the new car when I drive it home. By that time it's gonna be too late and I'm counting on a few days of hell being worth it in the long run...... he he nuff nuff
Maybe you could just let HER drive it home,
EAFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 23:32   #10 (permalink)
Crikey

So will you brush up on those sweet talking skills of yours AP or just sleep in the dog house.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum