Ford Forums banner

Secret FPV business

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  CDAA 
#1 ·
How much does the Typhoon weigh?
How long is a Mk2 GTP?
Is the Pursuit without the hardcover lighter than a GT?

These questions and more NOT answered on any brochure or the FPV web site.

Maybe the F6 is made of honeycombed unobtanium (the rarest metal in the world)?
Maybe the new GT has an all alloy drive train and will pull 10.5 second quarter mile?

What are all the secrets? Why don't they tell us?

#4 ·
I went to my dealer today to enquire about a Tornado, they dont have any pricing or brochures on the new FPV's, but he did say the Tornado will be about $3k cheaper than the Pursuit, and the Pursuit will be cheaper than the out going model if it is supplied with the soft cover. I wish it was that way when i bought mine, its a pain in the a$$ when you have to put a dirt bike or something in the back with the hard cover

#7 ·
I have an F6 brochure (Colour, Trim, Specifications and Options) in my hot little hand ...... and you know what?......no weight or dimension specs. Hmmmmmm.

I also have an old GT spec and option brochure where they aren't so shy and happily declare all weights and dimensions.

What gives genlmen???

#9 ·
Taken from GoAuto news site

We can tell you that the weight of the two top-end XRs does climb though, the turbo six by 19kg to 1751kg and the V8 by just two kg to 1797kg.

So there's two reports of a weight gain.

#10 ·
The old advertising rule fella's,... it only pays to mention something in a consumer market if it will benefit them. If the weight and speed of the FPV's is not its greatest selling point, they won't mention it. If it is they will i.e. constant mention of 550nm of torque.

I hope I'm wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.