Ford Forums banner

Should the BA HO offer a V10???

12K views 62 replies 25 participants last post by  Ford Rulz 
#1 ·
This will create controversy here, no doubt...but just this is a concept so just hear me out.

The GTHO must be offered with an OPTINAL 6.8 L V10 above the 5.4 quad base.

HSV is already preparing for the prospect of a Ford quad multi valve 5.4 taking their performance market share, with the announcement of a possible 7 litre variant of the C5 for the
Con-aro.

HSV won't take it lying down..nooo siree..

Which begs the question - When Folden do come out with this 7L, what will be Ford's awnser?

Folden have had the performance market to themselves since 1988. We have come back hard with the trusty Windsor ( a great engine for what it is), but alas they have always been one step ahead - especially with the intro of the Gen 3.

Now ford is talking up the 5.4. . This engine will be great. Ford is on the right track. But what if Folden offer the 7L?

A V10 O P T I O N on the HO? Id like to see that - if only to coutner the 7 Litre Folden onslauhght.

All ideas / comments welcome - let the controversy begin!!

See less See more
#5 ·
ED_Falcon said:
.... I dunno, I'm just thinking "will this performance war ever end ??"
To be fair, I don't think that Ford even knew there was a war until a few years back. Thankfully they do now and we are going to see the benefit. :thup:

Whilst I wouldn't like to see the government step in, I also don't want Ford/Tickford to back off from Holden/HSV. HSV have been upping the anti for years, even when there has been no real competition from Ford/Tickford, so I say let HSV sweat on whether or not they are helping to create a power war and Tickford, FULL STEAM AHEAD!!. :s6:

What was the question again?? :eek:o1:

Yep bring on a V10, or a supercharged/turbo'ed V8 or anything else that will give the HSV power flagship a scare.

#6 ·
Hell why not a V10 in the Ford GTHO. Finally Ford will have the fastest 4 door in the world just like in '71 for more than 20 years.
Well if the Phase Iv could do 270+ in stock trim the new GTHO should hit the triple ton easy. I'd doubt the government would stop a supercar war apart from B.Carr and leftish bumwags.
0-100 in low 4's high 3's im excited!

600hp should tow a caravan along nicely

#7 ·
Im talking about the 6.8 V10 "option" in the top line HO, no less.

a version offering 4wd, traction control, full leather and the rest, with all the safety features you would expect from a millenium supercar.

HO will have a double meaning - HIGH OUTPUT as well as HANDLING OPTION.

You think these won't sell? They also said the world was flat, man would never fly, and the con - aro would be a flop- just a niche vehicle.......

This type of car will create the new FORD legend, a car head and shoulders above the rest, in the same way the XY GTHO 3 was head and shoulders above anything at its time, and its taken Folden 30 years to catch up...

as soon as 5.4 is released, you will see Folden react......and react they will.

We have to be ready.

Go the HO v10, you good thing.

#8 ·
While we are all playing with our imaginations (?) why don't we just twin turbo the V10 and be done with it.

Apart from the fact that the V10 doesn't exactly deliver massive power and weighs a truckload more than the 5.4 it would be an engineering nightmare.

It is also worth remembering that there IS a point at which we will see Government intervention in this power war - anybodys guess at what point though....

Personally I will be more than content with a sweet handling, well equipped GT with power and torque numbers in the 300/600 range - and you can keep your stripped specials ... I want all the gadgets and gizmos thanks.

Cheers
Russ

#9 ·
remember Russ the Dodge Viper started off as a lame low kw high torque motor off a truck. Great for pulling down trees not being a drag strip king. Its truly amazing what some engineers can do if there bored and chip on the shoulders to prove a point....

0-100 in 4 secs and handy for pulling out tree stumps! Bonza!

#10 ·
the GT, like most other great ideas, spawned from imagination....so too did the monaro comeback, and the soon to be realised 7 L monaro...

"Twin turbo the V10" - a touch of sarcasm - very nice.

No need for that.(the twin turbo, that is)

If you like to pander to HSV, thats fine, but Ford must be in it to give HSV a taste of their own medicine....like in 1971.

Your interpretation of a new GT is a sweet handling GT with all the gizmos and gadgets in the 300 / 600 range - thats fine, HSV already offer it.

Why would the government ban such a vehicle? We already have practically a 6 litre V8 from holden for years now, whats an extra 1.3 litres and two cylinders?

Even then, the 7 litre Folden will have a higher capacity than a 6.8 litre, so whats the big deal?

Its ok for Folden , but not Ford, Right?

Wrong.

#11 ·
I think there should be consideration and probly even development of a 6.8 V10 for high performance HOs to be not left behind the 8 ball when HSV show what they can do. As i said in another thread the 6.2 350kw IMO will be available within 12 months no matter what HSV say and 7L will follow. I dont care if its stroked 5.4-5.8 or larger or blown 8 or V10 just so long as we as Ford fans dont have to relive the last few years ever again. I dont think the govt would stop these but if they did they have to stop Holden too they cant just stop us. I hope Fords on the ball in regards to HSVs 6.2 and 7L because theres nothing worst than been left behind untill next model or sometimes much longer 2-3 years.

#12 ·
Why would the government intervene for as long as the vehicles in question are selling in tiny numbers and fitted with the latest in safety equipment? Emissions cannot be an excuse for as long as the vehicles in question are legal. This was all different in the '70s when the supercars were relatively accessible due to being so affordable, and they were pretty damn filthy too.

Ford should do the V10 if they can. No use failing to live up to their potential.

#13 ·
Yes i agree they need to live upto their potential and should be working harder all the time to create extra potential. Nothing worst than Ford catching up or maybe even slightly surpassing Holden/HSV then all of a sudden bang we are 50+ KW behind again and ages to catch up. This rule applys whether we are talking 100-150kw or 350-400kw.

#15 ·
Let us have a look at your points individually shall we?

XF 5.0 S said:
If you like to pander to HSV, thats fine, but Ford must be in it to give HSV a taste of their own medicine....like in 1971.
By "pander" I assume you are using the term in the sense of indulging them - and nothing could be further from my mind. However I would have thought that the people who are going to buy these vehicles are a little past the "gee mine has a bigger (insert term of own choice here) than yours!

Your interpretation of a new GT is a sweet handling GT with all the gizmos and gadgets in the 300 / 600 range - thats fine, HSV already offer it.
So what, therefore, is wrong with wanting a similar type of vehicle from Ford? I could equally get similar vehicles from Jaguar, BMW and Porsche if I want to however I prefer that mine carries the blue oval. Sorry but the point of this statement is lost on me. It is my hard earned money and I have stated what I want in the vehicle I will be buying. If you don't like that - tough - stick to the XF.

Why would the government ban such a vehicle? We already have practically a 6 litre V8 from holden for years now, whats an extra 1.3 litres and two cylinders?
Apart from the fact that we have a clear precedent in the 1973 Supercar scare (and if you weren't alive / still in nappies then read issue 2 of AMC), it is clear that the do-gooders will not continue to accept this escalating horsepower war. It does have a finite point at which someone will cry "enough".
As for 2 cylinders and an extra 1.3 litres - it is irrelevant. There are 4 litre engines in the world that make big power numbers - the limit (when we reach it) will be based on the output and not the capacity.

Even then, the 7 litre Folden will have a higher capacity than a 6.8 litre, so whats the big deal?
Its ok for Folden , but not Ford, Right?

IF the 7 litre Holden ever sees the light of production in this country . As far as I knew we weren't comparing Holden to Ford in this discussion as it was merely discussing what was appropriate for Ford to do. Thus I find it hard to understand where you have the temerity to suggest that I would condone similar behaviour from Holden. Wasn't mentioned in my post that you quoted. Please try to stick to the subject at hand rather than attempting to use unrelated information to bolster the weakness of your position.

The only point in your reply that is accurate - and yes you are.

Whilst you are always welcome to your opinion (as is everyone) perhaps you should think twice before suggesting that any individual on this Forum is a Holden apologist without a clear statement from them to support that accusation.

Furthermore can I ask if you are going to be putting YOUR hand in YOUR pocket for a GT??
When you are in a position to do so then we will talk.

Regards
Russ

#16 ·
If BMW will make a 470hp 5.5L V10 then Why can't ford have a GTHO with a 6.8Litre Quad cam (anyone say all-alloy?) V10?

I think BMW are shying away from the idea of a V10, and I really doubt Ford Australia will go the V10 too. I also even doubt Holden will go with anything bigger than the 6.2L which was from the Maloo HRT Ute.

It would be great but I really dont think the V10 is necessary. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

#17 ·
Cobra said:
I also even doubt Holden will go with anything bigger than the 6.2L which was from the Maloo HRT Ute.
They will mate. Give them half a chance and a passed emissions test & they'll have it theirs cars before we can so Boo..

#18 ·
Hobbes said:
doesn't each new physical engine config need to be crash certified as well? sounds like it might be a damn expensive option for one limited edition model ...
Good point Hobbes.

I would much prefer a well sorted stroked version of the 5.4l V8 to the V10. A 5.8l quad cam V8 sounds much better to me and a more realistic option. It would be better handling and alot cheaper to develop.

#19 ·
russellw said:
Let us have a look at your points individually shall we?

By "pander" I assume you are using the term in the sense of indulging them - and nothing could be further from my mind. However I would have thought that the people who are going to buy these vehicles are a little past the "gee mine has a bigger (insert term of own choice here) than yours!

LOOK AT THE MARKET AND ITS GENERAL TRENDS - HAVE HOLDEN SALES SLID SINCE THE INTRODUCTION OF THE BIGGER GEN 3? WHY THEN THE NEED FOR TICKFORD TO PRDUCE A 347 VARIANT? WHY IS FORD INTRODUCING A 5.4 VARIANT WITH THE SOLE INTENTION OF BYPASSING HOLDEN? YOU MAY THINK PEOPLE ARE PAST THIS "MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS" THING - BUT THE MARKET IS DICTATING OTHERWISE - OPEN YOUR EYES.

So what, therefore, is wrong with wanting a similar type of vehicle from Ford? I could equally get similar vehicles from Jaguar, BMW and Porsche if I want to however I prefer that mine carries the blue oval. Sorry but the point of this statement is lost on me. It is my hard earned money and I have stated what I want in the vehicle I will be buying. If you don't like that - tough - stick to the XF.

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEN THE T3 WAS THE AWNSER FOR YOU. I AM NOT QUESTIONING YOUR LOYALTY FOR THE BLUE OVAL, OR YOUR CHOICE OF VEHICLE AND YOUR INTERPRETATION OF WHAT IT SHOULD BE. FOR YOUR BENEFIT AGAIN, THE POINT I WAS AND AM MAKING IS THAT FORD NEED TO BE A STEP AHEAD, AND IT MAY TAKE THE V10 TO DO THAT. THE T3 IS ESSENTIALLY EQUALLING THE OPPOSITION, I SAY (AS OTHERS IN THIS VERY FORUM AGREE) THAT WE HAVE TO BE AHEAD OF THE GAME, AS HSV HAVE BEEN SINCE 1988. IN 1971 FORD HAD NO PEER, ALL IM SAYING IS THAT WE NEED TO REGAIN THIS PERFORMANCE SUPERIORITY.

OH, AND THANKS FOR THE SNIDE REMARK ABOUT MY XF RUSS, WHICH HAPPENS TO HOLD PERSONAL FAMILY SENTIMENTAL VALUE FOR ME. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOU DO NOT KNOW ME OR MY FINANCIAL POSITION, AS I DO NOT ASSUME YOURS, NOR COULD I BE BOTHERED, SO PERSONAL INSULTS ARE UNWARRANTED IN THIS DISCUSSION. LETS JUST SAY THAT IF A V10 GTHO WAS RELEASED TOMMOROW, I COULD EASILY OBTAIN ONE, AND MOST DEFINANTLY WOULD.

Apart from the fact that we have a clear precedent in the 1973 Supercar scare (and if you weren't alive / still in nappies then read issue 2 of AMC),

I DO REMEMBER AS A 7 YEAR OLD MY UNCLE COMING OVER IN HIS NEW PURPLE XY GT. I ALSO CLEARLY REMEMBER GOING TO THE RACES AT AMAROO, ORAN AND SEEING THESE MAGNIFICENT HO'S. AS A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD, MY FATHER AQUIRED A RED XAGT, AND I REMEMBER THE ENVY OF MY CLASS MATES WHEN HE DROPPED ME OFF. SO I WAS VERY MUCH ALIVE, AND OUT OF NAPPIES, RUSS.(ANOTHER ASSUMPTIVE INSULT - WOW RUSS, SARCASM IS THE LOWEST FORM OF WIT)

THE SUPERCAR SCARE WAS SPAWNED FROM AN ARTICLE IN THE SUN & SMH BY EVAN GREEN, AND A PARASITIC OPPORTUNISTIC POLITICIAN BY THE NAME OF MORRIS.THIS WAS IN THE DAYS OF NO SEAT BELTS, NO AIR BAGS, NO STABILITY CONTROL, NO TRACTION CONTROL, NO SIDE INTRUSION, NO ANTI DRINK DRIVING, NO ABS, NO SRS.(SEE AMC #3, NOT #2)

it is clear that the do-gooders will not continue to accept this escalating horsepower war. It does have a finite point at which someone will cry "enough".

ON WHAT BASIS, RUSS? THESE CARS WOULD REPRESENT A TINY FRACTION OF THE MARKET, AND BE IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS SIMILAR PRICED / PERFORMANCE VEHICLES.WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT A V10 IN A FORTE. IF SAFETY IS AN ISSUE, WE ARE IN 2002, NOT 1971.

As for 2 cylinders and an extra 1.3 litres - it is irrelevant. There are 4 litre engines in the world that make big power numbers - the limit (when we reach it) will be based on the output and not the capacity.

AND THERE ARE SMALLER ENGINES MAKING MORE POWER THAN A V10 WOULD - WHATS THE POINT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE?
YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE "LIMIT" (WHICH YOU SEEM TO THINK IS FINITE) IS DICTATED BY OUTPUT AND NOT CAPACITY, SO WHY HASN'T THE VIPER OR SIMILAR CARS BEEN BANNED FROM ENTERING THE COUNTRY?

IF the 7 litre Holden ever sees the light of production in this country .

IT WILL - NATIONS CUP IS THE TOE DIPPING INTO THE WATER.

As far as I knew we weren't comparing Holden to Ford in this discussion as it was merely discussing what was appropriate for Ford to do.

THE KEY TO EFFECTIVE MARKETING IS KNOWING YOUR COMPETITORS. IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR FORD TO REACT TO COMPETITORS & THE MARKET - THE WHOLE SUBJECT OF THE POST (IF YOU BOTHERED READING IT CORRECTLY) IS WHETHER FORD SHOULD REACT TO HOLDEN BY INTRODUCING A V10 IN THE HO TOP LINE - SO WE ARE COMPARING HOLDEN TO FORD.

Thus I find it hard to understand where you have the temerity to suggest that I would condone similar behaviour from Holden.

TEMERITY IS A SEVERE WORD, AND I DID NOT STATE SPECIFICALLY THAT YOU CONDONED SIMILAR BEHAVIOUR FROM HOLDEN. I JUST SEE IT AS UNFAIR THAT HOLDEN HAVE ALL THE POWER TO THEMSELVES, AND THAT FORD SHOULD TAKE THE INITIATIVE - IT WAS NOT PERSONAL.

Wasn't mentioned in my post that you quoted. Please try to stick to the subject at hand rather than attempting to use unrelated information to bolster the weakness of your position.

?

The only point in your reply that is accurate - and yes you are.

OH, THATS CLEVER....

Whilst you are always welcome to your opinion (as is everyone) perhaps you should think twice before suggesting that any individual on this Forum is a Holden apologist without a clear statement from them to support that accusation.

THAT WAS NOT SUGGESTED AT ANY TIME, AND I RESENT THE INSINUATION

Furthermore can I ask if you are going to be putting YOUR hand in YOUR pocket for a GT??

WHAT'S IT TO YOU, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

When you are in a position to do so then we will talk.

SO I HAVE TO AWNSER TO YOU IN MY OPINIONS IN LIFE AND BUYING DECISIONS?? WTF IS THAT? THERES ONLY ONE GOD IN MY LIFE RUSS, AND IT AINT YOU......

Regards
Russ [/B]

#20 ·
wtf??? can you fix your post so we can read it mate?

Edit: Having finally deciphered your post, all I can say is respect other peoples opinions, watch the personal shots, take posts with a bit of humour & wait for the new Tickford range. We don't need a V10. We have 5.4 DOHC.

#21 ·
OK, everyone step back and take a long deep breath.

Remember when Ford fell behind in the Performance category, we did not have Uncle Geoff at the helms.

We do now, and he is the reason for things like the T3 program. Have faith people. I think we are in very good hands.

OK, on the the subject of V10 & V8's. I doubt Ford would ever release a V10. If they fall behind in power, they can just bolt a supercharger on. Some may think of this as cheating, but when someone us deciding on what car they want, a supercharger would be inviting. Because simple power increases are available.

Besides, I would rather have a high tech, lower capacity engine, then a 7.0 litre OHV Chev.

Peace

#25 ·
Firstly a reminder that we don't need to be shouted at with capitalisation to make your point.
Secondly I am just going to let the insults slide - they are unworthy of comment.

XF 5.0 S said:
LOOK AT THE MARKET AND ITS GENERAL TRENDS - HAVE HOLDEN SALES SLID SINCE THE INTRODUCTION OF THE BIGGER GEN 3? WHY THEN THE NEED FOR TICKFORD TO PRDUCE A 347 VARIANT? WHY IS FORD INTRODUCING A 5.4 VARIANT WITH THE SOLE INTENTION OF BYPASSING HOLDEN? YOU MAY THINK PEOPLE ARE PAST THIS "MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS" THING - BUT THE MARKET IS DICTATING OTHERWISE - OPEN YOUR EYES.

I don't quite see the relevance of sales performance unless you are suggesting that the Holden sales are directly related to their provision of larger capacity engines - and this is hardly supported by the facts is it? The reality is that the smaller and less powerful V6 Holden outsells the Ford equivalent by nearly 3 to 1. I will acknowledge that it is a factor in the relatively lower volume performance market however balalnced performance is of far greater importance than raw horsepower numbers. The market is presently dictating a preference for Holden product for a much greater number of reasons than cubic capacity - market cachet, racing success and styling amongst them.

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEN THE T3 WAS THE AWNSER FOR YOU. I AM NOT QUESTIONING YOUR LOYALTY FOR THE BLUE OVAL, ..... FOR YOUR BENEFIT AGAIN, THE POINT I WAS AND AM MAKING IS THAT FORD NEED TO BE A STEP AHEAD, AND IT MAY TAKE THE V10 TO DO THAT. THE T3 IS ESSENTIALLY EQUALLING THE OPPOSITION, I SAY (AS OTHERS IN THIS VERY FORUM AGREE) THAT WE HAVE TO BE AHEAD OF THE GAME, AS HSV HAVE BEEN SINCE 1988. IN 1971 FORD HAD NO PEER....

As it happens my present T Series will do nicely until the GT comes along thanks. Furthermore it is my opinion that inflammatory comments such as "If you like to pander to HSV" and "Its ok for Folden , but not Ford, Right?" are questioning my loyalty but I will accept that your intentions were just poorly expressed.
As for needing to be "ahead" of the game - I would have my doubts that this is even necessary. The T Series cars (and XR's) have always been acknowledged as the sweeter handling, better equipped and built cars but criticised for being poorly styled (sometimes) and lacking in equivalert power. If these last two points are addressed in BA then that should provide a more than level playing field. Your final point is also historically inaccurate. To suggest that Ford had no peer in the era of the XY GTHO is to ignore the very real presence of the GTS350 Monaro and the various E38/E49 Chargers - both of which were no performance slouch and which sold in good numbers. Indeed the entire V8 Monaro range outsold the equivalent GT and HO product of the time.

OH, AND THANKS FOR THE SNIDE REMARK ABOUT MY XF RUSS, WHICH HAPPENS TO HOLD PERSONAL FAMILY SENTIMENTAL VALUE FOR ME. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOU DO NOT KNOW ME OR MY FINANCIAL POSITION, AS I DO NOT ASSUME YOURS, NOR COULD I BE BOTHERED, SO PERSONAL INSULTS ARE UNWARRANTED IN THIS DISCUSSION. LETS JUST SAY THAT IF A V10 GTHO WAS RELEASED TOMMOROW, I COULD EASILY OBTAIN ONE, AND MOST DEFINANTLY WOULD.

I am not quite sure how "stick to the XF" is a snide remark - having owned a couple they are a very nice vehicle and far superior in design and performance to their Holden equivalents of the day. Which makes the rest of the quote a bit irrelevant - as if I could give a rats about your financial position - perhaps it may be a good idea to take things a little less seriously.

... SO I WAS VERY MUCH ALIVE, AND OUT OF NAPPIES, RUSS.(ANOTHER ASSUMPTIVE INSULT - WOW RUSS, SARCASM IS THE LOWEST FORM OF WIT)

Once again I struggle to understand how questioning whether you were alive during the original supercar scare is either presumptive or insulting - I asked the question because it appeared that you did not grasp the political and social climate at the time ...

THE SUPERCAR SCARE WAS SPAWNED FROM AN ARTICLE IN THE SUN & SMH BY EVAN GREEN, AND A PARASITIC OPPORTUNISTIC POLITICIAN BY THE NAME OF MORRIS.THIS WAS IN THE DAYS OF NO SEAT BELTS, NO AIR BAGS, NO STABILITY CONTROL, NO TRACTION CONTROL, NO SIDE INTRUSION, NO ANTI DRINK DRIVING, NO ABS, NO SRS.

... in the bare facts here you are correct but this also followed the Ralph Nader "unsafe at any speed" and followed on from a couple of headline making accidents involving "high performance" vehicles. I. for one, would not trust the present socio-political climate to not reproduce a similar scenario - or believe that there are not opportunistic politicians out there today. Indeed it is more likely in the present climate that this scenario will reappear. It would be easy to paint a picture where this could happen - indulge me for a moment and let me set the background:

1. We have a society now that is primarily focused on Political correctness.
2. We have (as performance enthusiasts) continued to accepted ill formed logic to justify the introduction of speed cameras and other "deterrents".
3. It is difficult in this climate to justify vehicles capable of 2.5 times the speed limit.
4. It is even more difficult to justify vehicles that consume scarce energy resources at the rate these vehicles do.

Into this mix we only need to add a bad accident involving a high performance vehicle and an opportunistic politician and we have the perfect breeding ground for political intervention. Indeed your next point about the relatively small numbers of these vehicles becomes equally irrelevant - the Supercars of the early 70's didn;t sell in big numbers either.
Furthermore all of the additional safety items mentioned above only help if the argument against such vehicles is based on LOGIC - and the argument in 1972 certainly was far more emotive than logical. I see no reason to assume it wouldn't be the same this time.

AND THERE ARE SMALLER ENGINES MAKING MORE POWER THAN A V10 WOULD - WHATS THE POINT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE?YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE "LIMIT" (WHICH YOU SEEM TO THINK IS FINITE) IS DICTATED BY OUTPUT AND NOT CAPACITY, SO WHY HASN'T THE VIPER OR SIMILAR CARS BEEN BANNED FROM ENTERING THE COUNTRY?
I haven't quantified the limit - I don't know where it is - I can just see the climate being right for it to happen again. Whether it is with this next generation of cars or the one after I couldn't say.

THE KEY TO EFFECTIVE MARKETING IS KNOWING YOUR COMPETITORS. IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR FORD TO REACT TO COMPETITORS & THE MARKET - THE WHOLE SUBJECT OF THE POST (IF YOU BOTHERED READING IT CORRECTLY) IS WHETHER FORD SHOULD REACT TO HOLDEN BY INTRODUCING A V10 IN THE HO TOP LINE - SO WE ARE COMPARING HOLDEN TO FORD.

In actual fact the key to effective market is to know your audience - not your competitors. A knowledge of your competitors products assists in the product planning stage. I did read the post correctly (thanks) and I therefore attempted to point out the absence of need to travel down this particular path.

Anyway - as stated above you can keep the rest of the cheap shots and I sincerely hope they made you feel better - I have far more things to do with my time than rebut personal insults.

I will, however, continue to rebut and debate any commentary that I do not agree with or which appears to be lacking in substance. You are more than welcome to continue debating the actual issues in this Forum and I will continue to listen to (and weigh) the merits of your point of view.

It might be useful for you to remember that there is nothing aimed at you personally in my posts - I will certainly ridicule a situation / opinion that I believe has earnt it but I try to do so with a modicum of humour and good naturedness and (foolishly) expect the same in return.

Regards
Russ

#26 ·
To be practical I doubt the production possibilities of a V10.

Ford has spent big on barra, it doesn't have holdens luxury to spend on frivilous, non profitable projects.

The 5.4L DOHC has one more level in it, and that is a supercharger. Which would I imagine be adiquate. You still have a twin turbo 4.0 on the cards as well. There are other potential areas for ford.

Holden using a 7.0L is not yet a done deal, there are many issues with that as well.

Herrod I would imagine would be in a better position to offer a V10.

Certainly I wouldn't be aruging this with any real do or die vigour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.