Should the BA HO offer a V10??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2002, 01:42   #1 (permalink)

Should the BA HO offer a V10???

This will create controversy here, no doubt...but just this is a concept so just hear me out.

The GTHO must be offered with an OPTINAL 6.8 L V10 above the 5.4 quad base.

HSV is already preparing for the prospect of a Ford quad multi valve 5.4 taking their performance market share, with the announcement of a possible 7 litre variant of the C5 for the
Con-aro.

HSV won't take it lying down..nooo siree..

Which begs the question - When Folden do come out with this 7L, what will be Ford's awnser?

Folden have had the performance market to themselves since 1988. We have come back hard with the trusty Windsor ( a great engine for what it is), but alas they have always been one step ahead - especially with the intro of the Gen 3.

Now ford is talking up the 5.4. . This engine will be great. Ford is on the right track. But what if Folden offer the 7L?

A V10 O P T I O N on the HO? Id like to see that - if only to coutner the 7 Litre Folden onslauhght.

All ideas / comments welcome - let the controversy begin!!
XF 5.0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2002, 01:47   #2 (permalink)
gone

personally, I would be one of the 1st to buy one!

How far would the Govt let this power war rage though?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 01:52   #3 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

Will the v10 come with a mobile petrol station?

Maybe Ford should come out with a twin-turbo V8 just like Audi did!!!! I dunno, I'm just thinking "will this performance war ever end ??"
Old 08-14-2002, 01:54   #4 (permalink)
The Third Power

dont know you can still buy an outrageous bikes and exotics.

The only 7l variant of the C5 is the C5R
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 02:21   #5 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Quote:
Originally posted by ED_Falcon
.... I dunno, I'm just thinking "will this performance war ever end ??"
To be fair, I don't think that Ford even knew there was a war until a few years back. Thankfully they do now and we are going to see the benefit.

Whilst I wouldn't like to see the government step in, I also don't want Ford/Tickford to back off from Holden/HSV. HSV have been upping the anti for years, even when there has been no real competition from Ford/Tickford, so I say let HSV sweat on whether or not they are helping to create a power war and Tickford, FULL STEAM AHEAD!!. :s6:

What was the question again?? :oo1:

Yep bring on a V10, or a supercharged/turbo'ed V8 or anything else that will give the HSV power flagship a scare.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:17   #6 (permalink)

Hell why not a V10 in the Ford GTHO. Finally Ford will have the fastest 4 door in the world just like in '71 for more than 20 years.
Well if the Phase Iv could do 270+ in stock trim the new GTHO should hit the triple ton easy. I'd doubt the government would stop a supercar war apart from B.Carr and leftish bumwags.
0-100 in low 4's high 3's im excited!

600hp should tow a caravan along nicely
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:57   #7 (permalink)

Im talking about the 6.8 V10 "option" in the top line HO, no less.

a version offering 4wd, traction control, full leather and the rest, with all the safety features you would expect from a millenium supercar.

HO will have a double meaning - HIGH OUTPUT as well as HANDLING OPTION.

You think these won't sell? They also said the world was flat, man would never fly, and the con - aro would be a flop- just a niche vehicle.......

This type of car will create the new FORD legend, a car head and shoulders above the rest, in the same way the XY GTHO 3 was head and shoulders above anything at its time, and its taken Folden 30 years to catch up...

as soon as 5.4 is released, you will see Folden react......and react they will.

We have to be ready.

Go the HO v10, you good thing.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:07   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

While we are all playing with our imaginations (?) why don't we just twin turbo the V10 and be done with it.

Apart from the fact that the V10 doesn't exactly deliver massive power and weighs a truckload more than the 5.4 it would be an engineering nightmare.

It is also worth remembering that there IS a point at which we will see Government intervention in this power war - anybodys guess at what point though....

Personally I will be more than content with a sweet handling, well equipped GT with power and torque numbers in the 300/600 range - and you can keep your stripped specials ... I want all the gadgets and gizmos thanks.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 04:13   #9 (permalink)

remember Russ the Dodge Viper started off as a lame low kw high torque motor off a truck. Great for pulling down trees not being a drag strip king. Its truly amazing what some engineers can do if there bored and chip on the shoulders to prove a point....

0-100 in 4 secs and handy for pulling out tree stumps! Bonza!
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 04:24   #10 (permalink)

the GT, like most other great ideas, spawned from imagination....so too did the monaro comeback, and the soon to be realised 7 L monaro...

"Twin turbo the V10" - a touch of sarcasm - very nice.

No need for that.(the twin turbo, that is)

If you like to pander to HSV, thats fine, but Ford must be in it to give HSV a taste of their own medicine....like in 1971.

Your interpretation of a new GT is a sweet handling GT with all the gizmos and gadgets in the 300 / 600 range - thats fine, HSV already offer it.

Why would the government ban such a vehicle? We already have practically a 6 litre V8 from holden for years now, whats an extra 1.3 litres and two cylinders?

Even then, the 7 litre Folden will have a higher capacity than a 6.8 litre, so whats the big deal?

Its ok for Folden , but not Ford, Right?

Wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum