Ford Forums banner

Silver with Black Stripes.....

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  galaxy xr8 
#1 ·
Do I have your attention?

This is my first post.

My baby arrives in about a fortnight. As the title predicts, she is silver with black stripes (a GTP of course!!!).

DVD sat, DVD entertainment, tow bar, auto, leather.

Been waiting months and drooling over other peoples photos green with envy. Will post photos when car arrives.

Currently driving a 5 litre 1995 fairlane, and own a 1970 Yellow Glow Phase 2 (replica in very small writing - damn, I just love GTs!!)

I want it and I want it now!!!!

#4 ·
Congratulations, i know what you are going through, i'm waiting for mine too?.But why would you need a tow bar on a GTP ? Cheers John

#5 ·
The towbar was to convince the wife that the GT-P is actually a much needed work car - the horse power was required to tow the box trailer to the tip once every 6 months.

Oops, did I say that? Wheres the delete key...

Oh hey, The GT-P is not a performance car - the insurance companies are wrong - its a work car.

If I keep repeating this #$%, I might even start to believe it myself!!!

#8 ·
As previously corrected, the GT is silver, ie mercury silver with black stripes.

As for the old beast, no photos just yet as she is naked. She was bought as a Yellow Glow XW with XY stripes on her. I have since stripped her and she is currently (metal) silver in colour. New XW stripes have already been purchased and full before and after photos will be displayed once the beast has her pride back.

It was an unknown decision on which GT was going to grace my garage first, but time has taken toll on the early beast and needed much more body work than anticipated. She had been in a prang before and I needed to correct this crime before the new paint arrives.

the winner will (I hope!!) be the GTP.

#10 ·
I have noticed that a lot of our readers have XW's listed under there signatures and so I have decided to post one picture of the old beast as bought. Notice the incorrect stripes. Post your thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.