Stall at speed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 16:41   #1 (permalink)
Waresti

Stall at speed

I know there has been quite a few threads dealing with stalling at idle with the BA FPV but I have had one on the weekend at 120kph on the F2. Under load in 3rd climbing a hill the power suddenly disappeared and the engine light came on. I managed to coast over to the breakdown lane and turned the ignition off. I left it for a few minutes and then restarted the engine only to find it would rev to 4000rpm before it started to breakdown and missfire. I babied it to Gosford keeping it under 4000rpm. The following morning I went out and restarted the car and gave a good rev and it hit the rev limiter no problems at all and has been good since.

Would anyone have any idea what sort of issue could shut the Boss290 down completely under load?

Cheers,

Shaun

2004 BA FPV Pursuit Mercury Silver
No mods.............yet

In the immortal words of one Homer J Simpson

"Maybe for once, someone will call me 'sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'"
Waresti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 17:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Stall at speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waresti
I know there has been quite a few threads dealing with stalling at idle with the BA FPV but I have had one on the weekend at 120kph on the F2. Under load in 3rd climbing a hill the power suddenly disappeared and the engine light came on. I managed to coast over to the breakdown lane and turned the ignition off. I left it for a few minutes and then restarted the engine only to find it would rev to 4000rpm before it started to breakdown and missfire. I babied it to Gosford keeping it under 4000rpm. The following morning I went out and restarted the car and gave a good rev and it hit the rev limiter no problems at all and has been good since.

Would anyone have any idea what sort of issue could shut the Boss290 down completely under load?

Cheers,

Shaun
i wou;d be quessing but TPS sounds like the issue
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 23:55   #3 (permalink)

Re: Stall at speed

Get it to your local Ford dealer and get them to check for fault codes in the ecu's KAM (Keep Alive Memory as Ford calls it). KAM keeps error codes for 30-odd engine cycles (starts) before overwriting. If the stall was caused by a sensor or switch controlled by the ecu, such as the TPS like Xtreme F6 suggested, then the error will be stored in there. Don't let it go too long though, or you risk losing that information.
BA GT #0909 - Manual, Citric Acid, Stripes, Sunroof, Premium sound, FPV Steering wheel and Mats.
GT 0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum