Ford Forums banner

Striping on the new FPV's

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul V 
#1 ·
Hey fellas i'm new.
Are the stripes on the new FPV's optional on other models? I know their options on the FPV's but i've seen them on an XR6T & XR8 here in Adelaide. Any ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
To my knowledge, the main purpose of the stripes is to distinguish GT and GT-P models from lesser stablemates, therefore it would not be available on XR models. That said, how hard can it be to put them on a lesser model (not that I see any point)?

PS, stripes are only optional on FPV models, excluding utes where they are not available.

#5 ·
marine1 said:
I think the stripes should be tossed out altogether......the just look damn AWFUL!!!!
Thats the point of being human we are not the same. Different horses for different courses. Everyone has thier own opinions.

I think the stripes are fantastic, in my opinion they set it apart.
I bet the same arguments arose when they put the kangaroo with hot wheels on the earlier GT's... go superoo

Iam glad that there are objectors to stripes,
Iam glad that there are objectors to Citric

Ooooooh... double bonus poits for me. :rofl: :rofl:

#6 ·
The Shark said:
Hey fellas i'm new.
Are the stripes on the new FPV's optional on other models? I know their options on the FPV's but i've seen them on an XR6T & XR8 here in Adelaide. Any ideas?
was one of those not a dealers car, gino ?

#7 ·
A graphics dude down my way can set up GT GT-P PseudoStripes no probs (how bogus to copy).
My Mate had an AU xr8 Ute had cool silver stripes from bottom spoiler to tailgate. He is thinking of white on blueprint the same for his BA XR8, if and when will post pics.

Beers 'n' Cheers

Paul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.