T3 Low-rpm hunting - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 16:11   #1 (permalink)

T3 Low-rpm hunting

Anyone know why my manual TE50 T3 hunts at low rpm? Even small amounts of added throttle will clean it up again, but it's bloody irritating around town. The throttle body has been cleaned, but no diagnostics have been done as yet.
T3III is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 06:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: T3 Low-rpm hunting

A new battery cleaned up mine , tried to understand why when l was told it was the battery causing it , it fixed it though .
Mr FORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:51   #3 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Try running the air for a day then turn it off for a couple of days, dont know if it'll help your car but it did with mine, something with ECU resets??
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 00:12   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for your replies - much appreciated. Makes me think about something someone told me once about disconnecting the battery to "reset" the computer, which I'll try out.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:32   #5 (permalink)

carboned throttle body, flat or on the way out battery, possible o2 sensors (more common on BA's though), dodgy throttle position sensor any of the above.

mines had them all, constant problem, very irratating but can be fixed......

welcome to the forums- any details on your car mate?? pics??
Old 04-07-2005, 18:02   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Jim - sounds like Ford has got a sensor problem! My TE is build no 003, manual, plain old white but I like it best. Gets really good mileage on the open road (up to 31mpg in the old money, normally around 30 if you stick to more or less legal speeds). Build quality is very ordinary, with doors and panels not lining up too well, trim falling off etc (no it hasn't been bent), but I forgive it that sort of thing for the bloody good drive it gives me.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:15   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3III
Thanks Jim - sounds like Ford has got a sensor problem! My TE is build no 003, manual, plain old white but I like it best. Gets really good mileage on the open road (up to 31mpg in the old money, normally around 30 if you stick to more or less legal speeds). Build quality is very ordinary, with doors and panels not lining up too well, trim falling off etc (no it hasn't been bent), but I forgive it that sort of thing for the bloody good drive it gives me.
lol, not a truer word has been spoken!! white looks mint- not many of those- they DO give great open road fuel- and they DO give SH!T round town fuel, they DO have crap build quality (but that's a ford/holden trait all over) but a BLOODY GOOD DRIVE IT IS!!!

well done mate, would still like to see pics tho.....
Old 04-16-2005, 14:33   #8 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Tongue Re: T3 Low-rpm hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3III
Plain old white!! Iv'e only ever seen one in a pic, & I think It looked great!!
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 23:12   #9 (permalink)

Gets really good mileage on the open road (up to 31mpg in the old money, normally around 30 if you stick to more or less legal speeds).

Best I have ever got on strictly the lightest throttle freeway speed limits was sydney to melbourne 29 mpg or 9.6 l/100km.
Five speed manual
paulhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:50   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: T3 Low-rpm hunting

Hmm. Must be bloody computer illiterate - don't know how to post a picture! How sad is that? Thanks for all your comments. I thought white would be the most common colour, though I admit I've only seen one other white T3. The other pain in the arse with my TE is that front air dam ploughing into EVERYTHING! Must have happened a lot to the previous owner, as the entire airdam is misaligned with the bonnet. Can't stand it! Will have to get it fixed one day when funds allow. I don't really want to drag my car or modify it too much, just want to keep it stock and enjoy it for the good car it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum