T3 Owners - I need advice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2005, 00:20   #1 (permalink)

T3 Owners - I need advice

What are your times for 60 - 80kph in 4th gear.
Mine feels very ordinary of late and it took 5 seconds to to this flat to the floor surely it has gone down hill gradually without me noticing, this can't be right can it or am i just used to it.
paulhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2005, 02:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: T3 Owners - I need advice

me personally, i find these engines very susceptable to huge power variations (although I have heard this with the GT's too)

I know of a few things to check for that may help though (mine has done 87,000km now and hasn't been without it's problems, although it's a terriffic car to drive)

- throttle bodies are prone to carbon buildup (particularly around the sensor); a good clean makes a HUGE difference to performance (mines been done three time now so maybe do every 30,000km)

- plugs only last about 70-80,000km, replace them with the std iridiums, they are about the best you can get anyway

- leads don't last much longer- a set of Top Guns or good Eagle 8-10mm leads are probably only around $250-$300

- Hego sensors (O2) sensors in the exhaust's collectors can develop dodgy voltage readings and make the car run incredibly rich- stuffing performance altogether. more common with aftermarket headers but have a fairly uncertain life span

- do NOT wait 90,000km to change fuel filters- remembering that at around 400km from 68litres you go through a lot more fuel for the same km as a more economic car (same could be said for oil changes in my opinion), and believe me, this does make a big difference.

I have experienced every one of these from time to time and have a feeling they may be a good place to start......

let us know how you go
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:36   #3 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

That sounds a bit odd Paul, mine never changes, the only time i have noticed any power drop was with crappy fuel, I fixed that by filling up with BP 98 and two bottles of injector clean. No more trouble.. hope this helps...
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:55   #4 (permalink)

Will post again on Friday night with results, it's booked in to have fuel system done and I bought new leads today. Iridium plugs are about 20,000km on them.
Let you all know how it goes.
Old 01-12-2005, 00:55   #5 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Thumbs up Re: T3 Owners - I need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhowes
Will post again on Friday night with results, it's booked in to have fuel system done and I bought new leads today. Iridium plugs are about 20,000km on them.
Let you all know how it goes.
I'll got a few days off soon & will be up your way, we'll have to catch up...
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:07   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
I'll got a few days off soon & will be up your way, we'll have to catch up...
Cool email me and I will send you my mobile. Woood be good to see some one with the same driveline to compare characteristics. Don't know anyone up here that has this driveline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum