Re: T3 Owners - I need advice
me personally, i find these engines very susceptable to huge power variations (although I have heard this with the GT's too)
I know of a few things to check for that may help though (mine has done 87,000km now and hasn't been without it's problems, although it's a terriffic car to drive)
- throttle bodies are prone to carbon buildup (particularly around the sensor); a good clean makes a HUGE difference to performance (mines been done three time now so maybe do every 30,000km)
- plugs only last about 70-80,000km, replace them with the std iridiums, they are about the best you can get anyway
- leads don't last much longer- a set of Top Guns or good Eagle 8-10mm leads are probably only around $250-$300
- Hego sensors (O2) sensors in the exhaust's collectors can develop dodgy voltage readings and make the car run incredibly rich- stuffing performance altogether. more common with aftermarket headers but have a fairly uncertain life span
- do NOT wait 90,000km to change fuel filters- remembering that at around 400km from 68litres you go through a lot more fuel for the same km as a more economic car (same could be said for oil changes in my opinion), and believe me, this does make a big difference.
I have experienced every one of these from time to time and have a feeling they may be a good place to start......
let us know how you go