Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Gosford NSW Australia
T3 Power Gains
OK, here we go. Had the T3 dynoed today (Dyno Dynamics dyno in Shootout Mode). Made 212.7kw from a K & N and an exhaust for the grand total of $1500. All the following dyno figures are on the same dyno in Shootout mode.
Bought the car with 14600 kms on the clock. Already fitted with Di Philippo 4 into 1 headers, their cats and 2 into 1 3" exhaust with std tips. Dynoed at 193.3kw on std filter. Put in K & N and made 200.1kw.
Changed middle section of exhaust to twin 2.5" system. Dynoed again for 205.6kw. (still has 3" single system after rear axle)
Replaced Di Philippo headers (1.75" primaries) and cats (2.25" inlet/outlet) with Hurricane Headers (mandrel bent 1.5" primaries) and Redback cats (2.5" in/out). Also replaced std twin tips with 2.5" tips. From the moment these headers went on I didn't need a dyno to tell me that torque was much better. Car was spinning the rears a long way in 2nd whereas would only manage a chirp before. Tha car is much quieter than before so was not sure if top end was better.
Dynoed car again today for 208kw. Small kw increase but tractive effort was much higher. Connected cold air intake (XR8 snorkel to cone air box) and made 212.7kw.
HOWEVER, the dyno operator noted that the car is running rich and thinks that another 5kw is likely when the fuel problem is sorted. He says it might be just a case of letting the ecu adjust over a week or so to allow for the new cold air intake. Or, the problem could be faulty maf sensor or a few other things. For those who know about dyno dynamic results, the fuel reading was down to 11.4 instead of up around 12 where it should be.
I will leave it a few weeks and test it again and post it on this thread
I have the printouts and when I figure out how to post em here I will
The cop said "Do you know why I pulled you over". I said " Well, that all depends on how long you have been following me!"