Ford Forums banner

T3 TS50 questions

7K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Noboss 
#1 ·
TS TS50 questions

Have recently become the proud owner of a T3 TS50 having traded up from a AU2 XR8 and have a couple of questions I’m hoping someone can shine some light on

1. Had the factory exhaust replaced, and it sounds magic but the ford dealership salesman (yeh I know what does a salesman know…) advised leaving the cats in place as the only other T series they have changed the exhaust system on wouldn’t idle when cold but was fine when the CATS where reinstalled. My XR ran good as gold without cats and I can’t see why the TS50 would be any different as the sensors are further back up the headers. Anyone had any experience with this issue or am I being feed and tall one….

2. Anyone know the part number for a K&N Air filter for the TS50… or can suggest an alternative (local supplier hasn’t got the T3 listed in the K&N catalogue)

3. Anyone know how may T3 TS50 produced, and how many made it to NZ

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback

I got a silver one, all black interior and one of the 152 auto’s, yes interesting numbers, are these numbers NZ only or total produced?

On the K&N, I’ve used these filters on my last 2 falcons (EL XR6 and AUII XR8) and although in each case I’ve upgraded the exhaust at the same time I would suggest they do make a difference…. you can hear the air flow compared to the standard paper units.

Yes…. I might have those cats taken out (take the suck it and see approach) what’s the worst that can happen, I have to put them back!!! Why did the guy you mentioned ford fanatic use hot dogs over straight pipe? nose/drowning?

#6 ·
Yeah, it was to get rid of the cackle the exhaust made, I guess it's a matter of taste. We've got a 3 inch Coby system on our AUII XR8 that has more of a bark than a rounder note that the guy with the TS was looking for. No droning either way!

I'm not saying the filters don't make a difference - we've got the K&N on our XR - just wondered if it made that bigger difference on the T3. I don't actually know the answer!

:bsr:

#10 ·
Does anybody know how many T2 TE 50 were made and the TS and TL all series two thanks.
Cheers John

#14 ·
johnny r said:
Can't seem to work out fords total production figures for series 3 TE/TS/TL. My TE50 is plated number 213, yet ford figures are 204 for TE's, 224 for TS's and 3 TL's. Is mine a miss print or were they numbered from 1 to 431?

Yep thay were numbered as they were ordered.
So first car ordered was Build 1, then Build 2 and so on..

These cars were built to order, they were not normal production
cars and they were not a limited edition 500 run, so no one knew
how many would be built.

Which means you could have the following.
Build Model
1 TS50
2 TE50
3 TS50

#16 ·
myte8 said:
Having said this, thay were not built in the same order, so you could
have build 4 built before build 3
I still dont get it !! If you could get 4 before 3 arrrrrrrrrr I dont get it !
I am now curled up in the featel position dribbling into my pillow*(^*%#@!%((+()*)&*%^%#632!%@!?>:"{_*^%

#17 ·
Think of the build number as an order number and the built date as the date
the car was built.

So a bunch of cars get ordered and get assigned build(order) numbers 1, 2, 3, 4
This order can have mixed models in it.

Build(order) number,
1 is an auto TS50
2 is a manual TS50
3 is an auto TE50

So it could be that the auto's came off the production line first, which
means the built date of order 1 and 3 is before the built date of
order 2.

#18 ·
myte8 said:
Think of the build number as an order number and the built date as the date
the car was built.

So a bunch of cars get ordered and get assigned build(order) numbers 1, 2, 3, 4
This order can have mixed models in it.

Build(order) number,
1 is an auto TS50
2 is a manual TS50
3 is an auto TE50

So it could be that the auto's came off the production line first, which
means the built date of order 1 and 3 is before the built date of
order 2.
Gee that clears it all up....I think, LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.