Ford Forums banner

What colour Should team Yamaha paint it's GT and should it have stripes?

• Citric Acid

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Blood Orange

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Blueprint

• Phantom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acid Rush

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Blue Pearl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mercury Silver

• Congo Green

• Silhouette

• Venom

• Winter White

• Citric Acid with Stripe

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Blood Orange with Stripe

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Blueprint with stripe

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Phantom with stripe

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Acid Rush with stripe

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Blue Pearl with stripe

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Mercury Silver with stripe

• Congo Green with stripe

• Silhouette with stripe

• Venom with stripe

• Winter White with stripe

Votes: 52 44.4%

Team Yamaha - GT Colour / Stripes?

7K views 42 replies 28 participants last post by  Mr Sparkle 
#1 ·
I read with interest the discussion regarding xr_cam's dilemma in choosing a colour for his new GT. Team Yamaha is currently building its new GT to race in the Australian GT Performance Championship and surprise, surprise, we have the same dilemma. I am interested in Ford fans view on the colour we should run given it is a race car, not a daily driver. And those stripes have got me tossed - include them in the livery or not??

So, same question different twist.

[I have to add to this post that although a clear preference may emerge from this poll, the final colour scheme will be chosen taking into consideration our sponsors colour schemes, what works best on TV, and of course what fits in with FPV and Fords motorsport livery policy. So if the highest polled colour scheme is not what we end up running, please do not be disappointed. Thanks Trevor]

Team Yamaha - at www.ontrack-racing.com.au

GO FPV!!

Trevor H

#9 ·
I wouldn't own one in Citric Acid and my views on the stripes are well documented but for an attention grabber in the pack it would have to be the go.

Cheers
Russ

#10 ·
Well i agree with Russ - for attention in the pack, Citric acid is the go - but forget the strips. By the time you stick a number and a few sponsors details on the side of the car, it would just look like a big double underline! Maybe that's good for the sponsors, maybe not!

Then again, for tradition's sake, blue pearl with white strips would look great.

Oh bugger it, I reckon it has to be cirtic acid or blood orange to stand out from the crowd. I've ended up voting for blood orange, no stripes. Sorry about documenting my thought process. lol.

As a totally stupid suggestion, what about all of the colours? Rainbow car!

#11 ·
Just a follow up to my suggestion above - i am no artist, and i only did this in paint, and yes I know it's an AU not a GT, but I think you get the idea.

Colours from back to front:
Venom, Silhouette, phantom, Blue Pearl, Blueprint, merc silver, white, blood orange, acid rush, citric acid.

Attachments

#12 ·
I went Blood Orange with stripes casue thats my favorite combo & I think it would stick out but I imagine the sponsors would want to stick with the white & blue tratment I rekon blueprint with white stripes would be a good twist & stand out more but white with blue stripes does still hold a special place in most Ford fans hearts

#16 ·
Oh dear oh dear oh dear! Please, for the love of all things good and proper, leave off the stripes. :neverlear

I'd go for Blueprint or Citric Acid for the base colour for the attention aspect. Blueprint still sticks out like dogs bollocks, and it is arguably the colour most quickly associated with the BA - instant brand recognition.

#17 ·
We have just finished fitting all the sponsors to our XR6 Turbo for the Targa Tasmania and we where going to get a blueprint but found that the sponsors just washed out against the blue. we ended up getting Acid Rush and found that it allowed the stickers to standout clean. My suggestions would be to get either Citric Acid, Acid Rush or White all without the stripes, as the stripes would only get mixed into the other sponsor stickers and would also wouldnt allow you to fit any sponsors down the low side of the car.

Elmer Fudd.

#18 ·
Hi Folks

Well it seems like everyone has a different view. JCV8 - thanks for the "rainbow" car.....certainly a different approach. lol

You will notice I have added a comment to the original post regarding the end point of this poll re what might happen with colour choice. Please see my comments repeated below. I do not wish to upset any fans if the highest polling colour misses out.

[I have to add to this post that although a clear preference may emerge from this poll, the final colour scheme will be chosen taking into consideration our sponsors colour schemes, what works best on TV, and of course what fits in with FPV and Fords motorsport livery policy. So if the highest polled colour scheme is not what we end up running, please do not be disappointed. Thanks Trevor]

Cheers BRT

#24 ·
White with stripes.

I think is will complement your sponser, Yamaha very well.

But for that extra cool look, tint the windows very dark (if allowed) and tint the headlights.

It will look very mean.

Not that your competitors will see the headlights, as you will be to far out in front. (Well, maybe when you are lapping those HSV's!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.