Thanks FPV, Ford and John Bowes driving - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 02:44   #1 (permalink)

Thanks FPV, Ford and John Bowes driving

Hope ive put this in the right area but i wanted to publicly thank everyone mentioned in the title of this topic for the GREAT day they put on for us here in Perth today. Was the best fun ive had in my car since owning it. Was a BLAST and a great DAY! Well done guys it certainly is one day i wont forget in a hurry.

Also im SO impressed in how my car brakes and handles. UNBELIEVEABLE!

What a car, what a ride. A race course just makes these cars true colours shine through.

THANKS ALOT EVERYONE involved and WD..

P.S thanks for the hat i won for being the fastest :D

How was everyones elses days that they have had?
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 02:58   #2 (permalink)
BSR

Re: Thanks FPV, Ford and John Bowes driving

Yeah Awesome day! Shows you how good these cars really are...

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:36   #3 (permalink)

Yes, was an absolutely great day; it was last March and it was the hottest day, over 40deg.C, of the year. I was impressed how well the car was running at the end of the day. It took everything in its stride. Didn't win anything but learnt a lot and had a lot of fun.

Jim Young
Jim Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 18:02   #4 (permalink)

You guys are obviously using your own cars. Where do you stand in relation to your insurance? When I read there was driver training involved I had incorrectly assumed FPV were supply cars. With Fords stance on warranty I wouldn't have thought they would be prepared to ask owners to void another form of trust when they aren't prepared to move on their own side of the fence.
warrens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 20:44   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrens
You guys are obviously using your own cars. Where do you stand in relation to your insurance? When I read there was driver training involved I had incorrectly assumed FPV were supply cars. With Fords stance on warranty I wouldn't have thought they would be prepared to ask owners to void another form of trust when they aren't prepared to move on their own side of the fence.
Its suppplied by Ford to show you about your car. U use your own car and i wouldnt have it any other way. Was the best fun ive had in my car since i bought it cept for some back seat action!
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 21:56   #6 (permalink)

Yes I understand that but during this training are you covered by your insurance or are Ford asking you to sign a disclaimer or hasn't anybody thought about it.

The way I read the brochure the training seems to be part of the buying package calculated into the cost of the car.

If Ford aren't covering any damage that might occur to your car I would expect that they are making you aware that should the unfortunate happen you are out of pocket with no cover and no recourse.

If this is explained and owners chose to take full responsibility then that’s OK.
It just strikes me as funny that a company like Ford would invite owners to breach the terms of their insurance with out alerting you to the fact.

Please correct me if my understanding isn’t correct.
Old 10-12-2004, 22:34   #7 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Where do you stand in relation to your insurance?

The insurance company I work for covers certain driver training days. I'm not sure if the FPV & JB one is one of them. The content of the courses determines which ones are acceptable or not.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 22:38   #8 (permalink)

Do you mind telling me which insurance company you work for, because at the moment I can't get cover for the training day unless I take out specific cover for that day only separate to the policy. Just getting quotes to compare the R8 and the GT-P. The training day is an issue with everyone I have spoke to.
Old 10-12-2004, 22:49   #9 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

NRMA

(waits to get spat on haha)

Here's a list of what does appear to be readily ok. Might I add I just provide the info...I don't make the decision myself.

Nationwide Defensive Driving School (Peter Finlay)

– Car Control/Fleet Safety Course

• Advanced Driving Australia (Ian Luff)

– Drive to Survive (Stage 1) Defensive Car Control
– Car Control (Stage 2)

• Driving Management Australia (John Black)

– Practical Defensive Driving Course
– 4WD Driving Course

• 4WD Off Road Driver Training (Philip Poulter)

– 4WD Off Road Driver Training (Level 2)

• Getabout 4WD Adventures Pty Ltd (John and Julie Eggenhuizen)

– Four Wheel Driver Awareness - Recreational 4WD (National Course No 7534)

• Jim Murcott Driving Centre Pty Ltd

– Car Control Course (Stage 1)

Any others can be referred to any of the phone staff who just speak to the underwriters. Make sure you have a name + info on what goes on so they can give you a definite answer.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 23:00   #10 (permalink)

Thank you very much. In previous conversations it has become very clear that I do need to know exactly what happens at these days, which I don't. I have only copied what is on the website, what I have read on this site and the brochures, but the biggest block is a race track. That’s the killer. If it's a training centre you seem to have more of a chance, if its a race track no one will touch me, and as a guide a fully optioned GT-P will cost me $1000 per year to insure by virtue of my age and driving record, but I can't attend the training in my car, or if I do its on my head. I can even modify the car easier than I can do this training, which prompted me to ask the original question. It would appear that if your insurance company doesn't know this training is on a race track your cover will be voided if, god forbid, something happens to your car. I though FPV might have been offering cover for the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum