TIGHT! on warranty: be careful when dragging! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 00:16   #1 (permalink)

TIGHT! on warranty: be careful when dragging!

was at the werribee ford dealer the other night and i was talking to the guy there. i was asking about some performance upgrades (like exhaust and just bolt on things) and how it would affect warranty. anyways...we were talking about how tight ford are with warranty, and he told me that now ford go to Calder Park every offstreet drag night and video/photo the line ups to see if any fords are dragging. anyway he said some dude with a new GT came in the other week needing a new clutch and tried to claim it on warranty...but his warranty was voided because they had footage of him smoking it at the start line at Calder!!! (with his number plates on). so youve been warned!! take off your plates before you all go Dunnydore hunting at Calder!
has anyone else been caught? do you think they could have another way of identifying you at the drags if you have ur plates off?

venom
Venom XR Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2004, 00:49   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: TIGHT! on warranty: be careful when dragging!

Persoanlly, I would stop at my solicitors on the way home and get some legal action going. I know of one guy that had the same problem, went to his solicitor and eventually Ford reinstated the warranty.

Your warranty isn't voided for street racing, your warranty isn't voided if you get caught doing donuts in the street by the cops... but your warranty is void for taking your car somewhere safe and legal ???? They market the cars as 'sports' cars .. how can they expect that people won't use them as such.

I have been out once ( in a dream.. ) but taken the plates off my car and taped up the rego label.
Oh yeah..the clutches are as weak as piss so they better be expecting a lot more warranty claims, legal racing or not.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 00:53   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Its the wise option to tape up your plates for other reasons like insurance as well. Driving the car at the drags should not affect the warrenty. If you drove your car the same way in your backyard and did the clutch they would replace it. Whats the difference?
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:51   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

wonder if you could get them for stalking if you dragged every week??
Old 05-19-2004, 01:54   #5 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Thumbs up Re: TIGHT! on warranty: be careful when dragging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacoupe
Persoanlly, I would stop at my solicitors on the way home and get some legal action going. I know of one guy that had the same problem, went to his solicitor and eventually Ford reinstated the warranty.

Your warranty isn't voided for street racing, your warranty isn't voided if you get caught doing donuts in the street by the cops... but your warranty is void for taking your car somewhere safe and legal ???? They market the cars as 'sports' cars .. how can they expect that people won't use them as such.

I have been out once ( in a dream.. ) but taken the plates off my car and taped up the rego label.
Oh yeah..the clutches are as weak as piss so they better be expecting a lot more warranty claims, legal racing or not.
HERE HERE !!!!
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:27   #6 (permalink)

WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH PPL.....i didnt belive this till i picked up the latest issue of street machine to see a letter in there from someone whos just had the exact thing said to him.... He got his warranty VOID they say cos he used it in a OFF STREET PERFORMANCE MANNER!!!!!.. U CANT BE SERIOUS...

Im SPEACHLESS..
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:18   #7 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH PPL.....i didnt belive this till i picked up the latest issue of street machine to see a letter in there from someone whos just had the exact thing said to him.... He got his warranty VOID they say cos he used it in a OFF STREET PERFORMANCE MANNER!!!!!.. U CANT BE SERIOUS...

Im SPEACHLESS..
I read thet in SM today aswell.
If FPV are supporting driver training days as part as the performance package that they sell, they haven't got a leg to stand on if they think they are going to void someones warranty.
Just look at their promo video, John Bowe sliding the cars around corners, some people doing donuts in their cars
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:20   #8 (permalink)

mabey they should just put stronger clutches in
Venom XR Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:39   #9 (permalink)
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacoupe

Well said Jeff however.....................................................

Car manufactuers arent stupid, and im sure most mechanically minded people would know what a abused clutch looks like. there is only so much you can claim on warranty after a certain amount of time. remember warranty is meant for faults, driver abuse is not a fault, but ya can milk it hehehehehe =)

Simon

12.92 @ 110.1mph 2.12 60' FULL STREET TRIM. Period!!

The real "BLACK BETTY" (tm)

TeamKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:44   #10 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cams290
I read thet in SM today aswell.
If FPV are supporting driver training days as part as the performance package that they sell, they haven't got a leg to stand on if they think they are going to void someones warranty.
Just look at their promo video, John Bowe sliding the cars around corners, some people doing donuts in their cars

I hate to point it out, you are not John Bowe. Nor are you John Bowe testing and assessing the handling dynamics of a pre-production FPV vehicle. You are however doing a driver training day in a controlled and educated supervised event, endorsed by Ford/FPV.

Drag racing I guess is not counted as not normal use for a road vehicle (understandably). Also then where do you draw the line? What about CAMS officiated Ford/FPV club days?

I guess Ford/FPV just draw the line on their warranty at the same point as an average insurance company does with your insurance. Would you bitch to insurance agencies if you got rear-ended at the end of the 1/4 mile at Calder on a Friday night?

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum