Ford Forums banner

titanic

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Skogs 
#1 ·
ford suggested replacing broken radio with TV and sixstacker. apparently strathfield have one that fitts for half the price of the rigdidg. will it devalue the vehicle. BA PURSUIT

for the guys i yakt to last night, i wont say what it cost but it was cheap.
we went to the auction to earn$ and with nervs of steel have decided to sell.
i think its still worth 45k depending on the radio. will i get this.

This ute was purchased at a flood auction but still looks and goes fantastic

#2 ·
Skogs said:
ford suggested replacing broken radio with TV and sixstacker. apparently strathfield have one that fitts for half the price of the rigdidg. will it devalue the vehicle. BA PURSUIT

for the guys i yakt to last night, i wont say what it cost but it was cheap.
we went to the auction to earn$ and with nervs of steel have decided to sell.
i think its still worth 45k depending on the radio. will i get this.

This ute was purchased at a flood auction but still looks and goes fantastic
In the short term your Pursuit will probably be ok, seeing that it was fresh water and probably reasonably clean water. But in the long term you may find you will have electrical dramas, especially with relays and connectors, when they start to corode. I flooded my au2 Pursuit at the boat ramp at Pykes Creek reservoir, but only in the foot wells, it was ok for a while, then it started to smell musty, but i never took the carpet out.

#3 ·
thanks cameron i will do my best to avoid this, i am planning to get to the electricals with crc and a compressor im still trying to work out how to remove the radio but the lights, windows. dash and what i can get in the engine bay have been done the car now on road, ows us under $38,000.i think im cruising ok at this time.
we were lucky to meet a m8 of the previouse owner "Rod" also a pursuit owner who has been very helpfull. thats what owning one of these cars is all about i think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.