Ford Forums banner

Typhoon Around End of Month

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Redhawk 
#1 ·
:wnc:
I have to head to Bris on the 14th, back on the 26th where I am assured a Lightening Strike Typhoon will be awaiting me (ordereded too late to pick my own build number). :fraz:
When the Typhoon arrives I will put The Boss into experimentalode for the new Boss R plenumn chamber and an Edit, to see what sort of grunt can be made out of the 5.4 without exploding it :AAHHH: .

The F6 should be an awesome bit of gear with 12 lb of boost, and some bigger injectors, hell it even gets a real clutch from the factory and judging from the results the edit gave a BA Turbo auto. This Typhoon should be a wild bit of gear. November is gonna be an exciting month for power, a VERY exciting month. :wnc: :wnc: :wnc:

#2 ·
Hypnodoc said:
:wnc:
I have to head to Bris on the 14th, back on the 26th where I am assured a Lightening Strike Typhoon will be awaiting me (ordereded too late to pick my own build number). :fraz:
When the Typhoon arrives I will put The Boss into experimentalode for the new Boss R plenumn chamber and an Edit, to see what sort of grunt can be made out of the 5.4 without exploding it :AAHHH: .

The F6 should be an awesome bit of gear with 12 lb of boost, and some bigger injectors, hell it even gets a real clutch from the factory and judging from the results the edit gave a BA Turbo auto. This Typhoon should be a wild bit of gear. November is gonna be an exciting month for power, a VERY exciting month. :wnc: :wnc: :wnc:
Rick

How many times a year can you have a birthday. Well done if you get half the enjoyment from the Typhoon that you have had from the GT you will be permanently on cloud 9.

Your time in Queensland will, however seem like an eternity.

Regards

Steven

#3 ·
Do the MKII GT's get the good clutch or not.Do you know something about the edit that the rest dont Doc. Over on the Boss edit thread an xr6T made 246rwkw at 11Lb's. Wonder if the typhoon is just running higher boost or different bits and same boost to get the extra power.

#4 ·
Sounds Good Doc, i am sure you will enjoy it...

#5 ·
XRQTOR said:
Do the MKII GT's get the good clutch or not.Do you know something about the edit that the rest dont Doc. Over on the Boss edit thread an xr6T made 246rwkw at 11Lb's. Wonder if the typhoon is just running higher boost or different bits and same boost to get the extra power.
They made the extra power in the Typhoon by doubling the size of the intercooler and chopping out about 2 metres of turbo ducting, the computer, injectors everything else is the same as the BA Turbo :AAHHH: Thats what I mean when I say imagine the grunt of a boosted typhoon with bigger injectors and an Edit. :wnc:
From what little info I can scrape up, even from FPV, there is to be no clutch upgrade for the GT :AAHHH:. Perhaps the auto GTs use torque reduction and the manuals use a weak clutch to save the transmissions. What I do know is that FPV have decided that their wickedly quick machine will be a 6 cyl turbo and thats fine by me, wish they would have put the GT bonnet on it though :wnc:

#6 ·
Hypnodoc said:
They made the extra power in the Typhoon by doubling the size of the intercooler and chopping out about 2 metres of turbo ducting, the computer, injectors everything else is the same as the BA Turbo :AAHHH: Thats what I mean when I say imagine the grunt of a boosted typhoon with bigger injectors and an Edit. :wnc:
From what little info I can scrape up, even from FPV, there is to be no clutch upgrade for the GT :AAHHH:. Perhaps the auto GTs use torque reduction and the manuals use a weak clutch to save the transmissions. What I do know is that FPV have decided that their wickedly quick machine will be a 6 cyl turbo and thats fine by me, wish they would have put the GT bonnet on it though :wnc:
Its a shame but these new typhoons will hammer, not a big fan of the turbo six but hell you cant knock them when/if they perform. Its a stupid move by FPV to give the GT a shitty clutch, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy 10,ooo of the one type than 5,ooo of two different ones. Why would they need to use a weak clutch to save the manuals when the typhoon makes more power but uses thesame box.

#7 ·
XRQTOR said:
Its a shame but these new typhoons will hammer, not a big fan of the turbo six but hell you cant knock them when/if they perform. Its a stupid move by FPV to give the GT a shitty clutch, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy 10,ooo of the one type than 5,ooo of two different ones. Why would they need to use a weak clutch to save the manuals when the typhoon makes more power but uses thesame box.
Your right XRQTOR and the Typhoon will never be a GT but by Jesus it will go disgustingly quickly even in standard trim. As for the clutch issue, we'll just have to put it down to FMC and FPV locic, or stupidity :AAHHH:

#11 ·
GTP151 said:
Hypnodoc

Are you still picking the car up from over here and driving straight to Croydon and APS or will you be doing a flying visit latter in the year.

Steven
Hi Steven.
The Typhoon is WA delivery but I will bring it over to Melb as APS have the wizard tuner and 10 times more experience and development knowledge with the turbos than anybody else. Late October for bigger injectors and an exhaust sytem, by then it will have a few klm on it and carbra would have made one to fit, the carbra saved the GT on the last trip, when I get it back to WA I'll have it edited and that will be pretty much it if the edit lives up to full expectations I figure the Typhoon with those mods should be good for 380 rwkw and the GT a safe 350, but they will be entirely different than each other to drive. It will be interesting to see how they compares when they are both finished :wnc:

#12 ·
Hypnodoc said:
Hi Steven.
The Typhoon is WA delivery but I will bring it over to Melb as APS have the wizard tuner and 10 times more experience and development knowledge with the turbos than anybody else. Late October for bigger injectors and an exhaust sytem, by then it will have a few klm on it and carbra would have made one to fit, the carbra saved the GT on the last trip, when I get it back to WA I'll have it edited and that will be pretty much it if the edit lives up to full expectations I figure the Typhoon with those mods should be good for 380 rwkw and the GT a safe 350, but they will be entirely different than each other to drive. It will be interesting to see how they compares when they are both finished :wnc:
Does that mean the Typhoon will have a Unichip and Edit?

Let all of us know when you are coming over.

Steven

#13 ·
Hypnodoc said:
Hi Steven.
Just out of curosity how much fuel would you go through for a drive like that Doc.

#15 ·
Hypnodoc said:
Hi Steven.
I just had a quick look at the aps website and their phase 3 kit makes 329.9rwkw and C&V have runa car with this kit into the 10's :AAHHH: . So a GT-P with 350rwkw should be able to crack 10's to even with the extra weight, bot to mention what the Typhoon will run with 380rwkw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.