Typhoon vs GT in the Real World - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2004, 03:15   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Hypnodoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perth West Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 780
Typhoon vs GT in the Real World


I don't know what the Wheels mag tester had his hand on when they were doing comparo times between the GT-HSV and Typhoon because in the real world on a real road Typhoon wins HANDS DOWN and thats comparing it to my 263.9rwkw GT, so god knows how far a standard GT would be left behind . I loved the GT but this 013 is awesome. I can't wait till it gets a few klms on it so that I can get some big grunt out of it. Anyway I'm waiting for all the WA WA land drivers to get off the freeway so I can go for a decent run on the open road. I will report my findings tomorrow. Do I miss the GT? What GT
__________________
F6 Typhoon's Numbers 333.
Shockwave
,
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension

Last edited by Hypnodoc; 12-03-2004 at 03:43.
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-03-2004, 03:27   #2 (permalink)
Respect the Bulge
 
GTP151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In my own little world
Age: 47
Posts: 373
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc

I don't know what the Wheels mag tester had his hand on when they were doing comparo times between the GT-HSV and Typhoon because in the real world on a real road Typhoon wins HANDS DOWN and thats comparing it to my 263.9rwkw GT, so god knows how far a standard GT would be left behind . I loved the GT but this 013 is awesome. I can't wait till it gets a few klms on it so that I can get some big grunt out of it. Anyway I'm waiting for all the WA WA land drivers to get off the freeway so I can go for a decent run on the open road. I will report my findings tomorrow. Do I miss the GT? What GT

Well done Rick,

Need to work on your signature. Your guy in Queensland will need to join FF as well we would hate to loose a member of the family.

Out of interest what os the typhoon limited to speed wise.


Steven
__________________
Tired of Whingers and Sycophants.
GTP151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:28   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kenaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Melbourne
Age: 32
Posts: 2,061
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
because in the real world on a real road Typhoon wins HANDS DOWN
If you look at the 80-120kmh in-gear acceleration times you'll notice the F6 whips both the Clubsport and GT by over a second in some cases.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:38   #4 (permalink)
walking power
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: who cares
Posts: 3,035
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Good to hear you're happy Doc. You'll have to take me for a drive one day.

It looks like my ute may be getting fixed on monday, so hopefully we can go for that cruise.
__________________
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:41   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 178
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Rick,

Good to finally hear a comparo from a real person who has experience with both cars. I posted that I thought it felt like it would smoke my TS50 and my mates Clubsport but I haven't gone head to head yet. Will try and organise it as soon as possible.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:47   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Hypnodoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perth West Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 780
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP151
Well done Rick,

Need to work on your signature. Your guy in Queensland will need to join FF as well we would hate to loose a member of the family.

Out of interest what os the typhoon limited to speed wise.


Steven
Hi Steven mate its got the same 250 kph as the GTs.

Fordy I'll be at Barrys at 10am in the morn if you can make it, then I'm off to Mandurah where Redhawk will get his digital camera out and take some piccies.

Matt I don't think there is a production HSV out there at the moment that would have a snowflakes chance in hell of catching this car.

NO DRIVELINE SHUNT! NO DIFF WHINE!

Just point and hold on I'm Completely Wrapt
__________________
F6 Typhoon's Numbers 333.
Shockwave
,
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:52   #7 (permalink)
walking power
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: who cares
Posts: 3,035
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
Hi Steven mate its got the same 250 kph as the GTs.

Fordy I'll be at Barrys at 10am in the morn if you can make it, then I'm off to Mandurah where Redhawk will get his digital camera out and take some piccies.

Matt I don't think there is a production HSV out there at the moment that would have a snowflakes chance in hell of catching this car.

NO DRIVELINE SHUNT! NO DIFF WHINE!

Just point and hold on I'm Completely Wrapt
After seeing the way you drive your GT, this F6 must be good to keep you happy, i bet it doesnt have the note, does it.

I dont finish work until 11 tommoro so i'll have to give it a miss, but im sure we'll catch up shortly.
__________________
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:16   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Hypnodoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perth West Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 780
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
After seeing the way you drive your GT, this F6 must be good to keep you happy, i bet it doesnt have the note, does it.

I dont finish work until 11 tommoro so i'll have to give it a miss, but im sure we'll catch up shortly.
Mate thats a bummer about work .
As far as the F6 is concerned regarding the note, it has an awesome ferocious howl, but it goes dso quick that the sound can't keep up.
I have the need for speed
Catch you on the run then.
__________________
F6 Typhoon's Numbers 333.
Shockwave
,
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:18   #9 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
 
XRFPV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,021
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
I have the need for speed
Catch you on the run then.
Hi Doc, congratulations on the new FPV toy...
when you are ready for a mod just get the one keep an eye out for those APS Stage Kit's, that would quench the need for speed easily...
XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:25   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: sydney
Age: 29
Posts: 2,410
Re: Thphoon Vs GT In The Real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Doc, congratulations on the new FPV toy...
when you are ready for a mod just get the one keep an eye out for those APS Stage Kit's, that would quench the need for speed easily...
Congrats on the new ride mate sounds awsome, its good to see that these new Typhoons are as quick as we all hoped. Even tho their still a 6 i'd rather see the blue oval out front than any other flag. Hey Mark dont go giving APS any reason to slow on those Boss TT kits, i would like to see a Typoon keep up with a TT Boss (Expected 400+rwkw). Could it be that the jurno's did a wheel spinning 14 sec quarter when they reccorded their times .
__________________
Blown Boss 377rwkw


"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US:Life After GT Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 2 03-08-2005 18:21
quarter mile times for mk11 GT and TYPHOON F6 stang01 FPV & Tickford Forum 13 11-23-2004 23:18
First Production Ford GT Accelerates into the Future Stacy94PGT Ford GT40 | Ford GT 4 07-31-2004 07:58
UAE: GT Showcased At Middle East Auto Show RPO83 Ford Worldwide News 0 12-09-2003 18:23
First Ford GT to go on sale next month RPO83 Ford Worldwide News 0 07-09-2003 07:32

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:15.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.