Very Unhappy Customer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2004, 00:02   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Very Unhappy Customer

I've had enough! My T3TS50 has been back five times to the local FPV dealer for the same thing in the last last 2 months.
The problem originally started on Xmas eve when I noticed a bulge in the dash. I took it to the dealer to have it checked on New Years Eve to see if it was warranty! ( It was always going to be warranty as far as I was concerned)They agreed it was warranty. It then took further 2 weeks before it was fitted. But not fitted. Wrong dash ordered! They reassemble the dash as they didn't check the parts first. The exhaust can now be heard through the firewall. I ring the dealer to ask whats going on? He tells me because the dash has to come out again they only put in half the mounting points for ease of removal next time. Okay i say. Dash turns up they have the car 2 days to fit it. Get it back and can still hear the exhaust through the firewall. Take it back again they say everything is spot on and that I have cracked header or blown gasket and show me noise(when cold).I think yes you might be right but the noise they pointed out went away once the engine heated up. So i get the RHS header removed and checked and gasket replaced. Can still hear exhaust.Wife says the steering wheel is moving up and down now I check the steering column adjustment point. Its Okay but further investigation finds the bearing at the base of the column in fire wall is damaged. By the dealer originally when they removed the dash originally. They'd be still looking for it now if it wasn't for me.
Thought all my problems were over,now every bump the dash sqeaks like a taxi with 500000km on the clock.
They help every time but why should I but why does it take numerous phone calls and me harassing them to get my car fixed to original condition.
I've had enough will a letter to Ford help my cause. Or am I p###ing into the wind.
My cars not a lemon but every time something goes wrong it takes minimum of 3 times for them to get it right!
What would you do?
TS 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2004, 00:10   #2 (permalink)
BSR

Re: Very Unhappy Customer

If your location is Thornton NSW. I can guess the dealer!! Just aim downwind while P******

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:35   #3 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS 50
I've had enough! My T3TS50 has been back five times to the local FPV dealer for the same thing in the last last 2 months.
The problem originally started on Xmas eve when I noticed a bulge in the dash. I took it to the dealer to have it checked on New Years Eve to see if it was warranty! ( It was always going to be warranty as far as I was concerned)They agreed it was warranty. It then took further 2 weeks before it was fitted. But not fitted. Wrong dash ordered! They reassemble the dash as they didn't check the parts first. The exhaust can now be heard through the firewall. I ring the dealer to ask whats going on? He tells me because the dash has to come out again they only put in half the mounting points for ease of removal next time. Okay i say. Dash turns up they have the car 2 days to fit it. Get it back and can still hear the exhaust through the firewall. Take it back again they say everything is spot on and that I have cracked header or blown gasket and show me noise(when cold).I think yes you might be right but the noise they pointed out went away once the engine heated up. So i get the RHS header removed and checked and gasket replaced. Can still hear exhaust.Wife says the steering wheel is moving up and down now I check the steering column adjustment point. Its Okay but further investigation finds the bearing at the base of the column in fire wall is damaged. By the dealer originally when they removed the dash originally. They'd be still looking for it now if it wasn't for me.
Thought all my problems were over,now every bump the dash sqeaks like a taxi with 500000km on the clock.
They help every time but why should I but why does it take numerous phone calls and me harassing them to get my car fixed to original condition.
I've had enough will a letter to Ford help my cause. Or am I p###ing into the wind.
My cars not a lemon but every time something goes wrong it takes minimum of 3 times for them to get it right!
What would you do?
Definatley not good enough, i would be really pi$$ed off with that. I reccomend that if you intend keeping the vehicle, and it still has factory warranty on it, is to extend that warranty. My au2 Pursuit had 45,000 k on it with three months of the factory warranty left, and i had five 6 stacker cd units put in it in less than three years, so i decided to extend the factory warranty for another 2 years or 100,000 k or whatever came first. Cost me about $640.00, but you get peace of mind, knowing that it is still covered. I traded it only 6 weeks ago on the BA Pursuit, and got a pro-rata rebate on the warranty that was left.
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:20   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Find another dealer,all you can do is try your luck somewhere else.Once again this sound's like a dealer issue not a product one.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:50   #5 (permalink)

Sorry to hear your complained,i had my dash replaced and i must say i was concerned about it because i was expecting squeaks and rattles but to my surprise they (NewOaK Ford ) done a fantastic job no rattles at all,Mario certainly takes pride his job.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 15:45   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
?
Talk to Brendan Dury in the service department. He has arranged all the work on my car. Jason Lewis on yellow team is the mechanic you should have do your work. Bloody holden supporter but he does a good job on my GT
GT#58
MARK'S DEE GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 15:53   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
?
You should talk to Brendan Dury in the service department. He arranges all the work on my GT. The mechanic you should ask for is Jason Lewis on yellow team. He is a bloody holden supporter but is a top mechanic.
GT#58
MARK'S DEE GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 16:19   #8 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
Sorry to hear your complained,i had my dash replaced and i must say i was concerned about it because i was expecting squeaks and rattles but to my surprise they (NewOaK Ford ) done a fantastic job no rattles at all,Mario certainly takes pride his job.
Cheers John
Well done, he must be good at finding and fixing rattles.....good stuff.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 17:33   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
Cheers John

Not the big rubber mallet, again I hope?
Old 03-10-2004, 17:56   #10 (permalink)

mate, i would be bloody grateful they didn't CRASH THE CAR AT 1 WEEK OLD ON IT'S FIRST SERVICE ON A TEST DRIVE LIKE THEY DID TO MINE.

just a dig at my dealer, or more specifically one of it's careless yobbo mechanics (bastard)
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum