"Wait till u see it in the flesh" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2002, 07:07   #1 (permalink)
rakiito

eek "Wait till u see it in the flesh"

I am a Holden fan, and though i know everyone here likes it, i am CONFUSED at how many ppl here think the GT should be different or better. This forum is like what LS1 was when the leaked pics of the VY got out. Its the first BA based car that ppl are saying "wait till you see it in the flesh" to.

The only thing thats built your hopes up is the XR8. Many ppl have mentioned this as, visually the XR8 was a good starting point. The way I see it, i think FPV has gone for the restrained look. I reckon the GT looks elegant and stylish, just not aggressive. I reckon thats a good thing. What would eveyone here be saying if it had a bodykit like a HSV?

HSV wanted to make the Y series visually different to a SS. By doing so, hardly anyone here likes them as to Ford fans it looks shit, too plasticky or too ricey. So i guess you dont want the GT to look like a Y series then? Just as the first T series was a restrained car and gradually got aggressive till the T3's i think the same will happen to the new GT. So maybe you can look forward to a blacked out bulge, in the near future.

At the end of the day, its performance and driveability that counts. Unfortunately for us Holden fans, I dare say that I think FPV will be the performance leader in aussie cars until the GenIV comes out in Holdens. So, stop trying to change a good product and enjoy your bragging rights as i can tell ya, it wont last long............. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2002, 10:17   #2 (permalink)
Damage Fixxer

Quote:
So, stop trying to change a good product and enjoy your bragging rights as i can tell ya, it wont last long............. :)
Hehe, you were doing alright up until there :)

But seriously I think FPV are doing it properly. If i saw one of these beautiful machines dressed up with a fake scoop, superoo stickers and blacked out power bulge, I'd have to flag the driver over and kick him in the balls. God, I'm amazed they dont want to bring back leaf springs for the GT!.

PS: They probably should have used the headlights from the XT so it didnt look at all like the XR's.
xw_beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 16:30   #3 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Very well said, and I agree. It IS a lot better in the flesh. I guess there are a select few who would like to see a few heritage items make it make onto the GT though. Not only to make it recognisable but to make it stand out from the Ford pack.

Thanks for the comments.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 17:18   #4 (permalink)
EXPERIENCED XR8 FANATIC

saw the gt at the sms. well at first i was in a dissapointed state of mind. just all the hype of expecting some kind of road warrior worthy of the gt namesake. but i have come to realise that the original gt's never wore any fancy plastic, apart from a small rear wing and a few frontal parts nothing in the magnatude of todays cars, that are all show and now go. while i would rather drive a car with style and a little less stand outish as long as it made up for it in the real world of driving. ie:handling and braking. which i think this fpv range will be. they may not have the looks of a boy hood racer but they will out perform them. thats my opinion anyway. long live the gt :-)

5 speed xr8 ,silouette in colour,17in tickford 5 spokes , momo steering wheel and momo gear knob. twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust with race magnum mufflers. custom stereo system.
DXR88U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 17:28   #5 (permalink)

Heritage Items

What heritage items do people want??

The shaker?? Hey, things have evolved just a little in the automotive world since 70's!!! No carby on the BA!! It's fuel injected!!

The dodgy plastic looking spoiler and front dam?? Gee that would look realy sharp on a modern car!!

Stripes?? Guys....aftermarket!! It won't be that hard!!

Nostalgia is a great thing...but...everything has a time and a place and most heritage items have no place on a modern car!! Trying to mix the 70's with the BA's design would leave the car looking absolutely rediculous!!

The BA GT does look good!! It does look menacing!! And fortunately it has a great looking rear spoiler set up!! Coz lets face it, that's the only view that an XR8 driver is ever gonna see!!
RICHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 18:08   #6 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

if yer so annoyed about its looks...

how different did the first te50 look to a fairmont? not much at all!
Old 10-21-2002, 20:58   #7 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Re: Heritage Items

Quote:
Originally posted by RICHO
What heritage items do people want??
Well thats what the other 847 FPV threads seem to be about.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 23:52   #8 (permalink)
Drunk Irishman

Quote:
Originally posted by DXR88U
as long as it made up for it in the real world of driving. ie:handling and braking.
Thats what made the old GT's fun to drive was that they handled like a sack of crap and had drum brakes. . With a 351 under the bonnet it was hard as hell to stop in a short distance coz the bugger feels like it wants to always go harder. That is what made GT's exhilerating.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 03:42   #9 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

I never felt the GT looked to plain, it's just the fact that the XR6T is a very nice car to ignore, and for half the price. That's why people were confused which one to like.
GT looks damn hot enough!

SS VY is simply better looking than the HSV. But more expensive than the VX model. No one would buy it after the XR8 lands. It's now hardly competing with the XR6T, and suddenly the XR8 moved into a higher class fight:)GO FORD:))))

Poor HSV looking helpless against GT GTP, things are getting into right direction these coming three years.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum