Warranty Null & Void! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2003, 04:15   #1 (permalink)

Warranty Null & Void!

I noticed at Calder drags the other night that all the late model Monaros, SS's etc had their number plates taped over. The reason given was to attempt to keep their warranty intact!.. Rumour (Or Urban myth) has it that Gm & Ford have "plants" at these meetings, taking down Regos to load into their database...
2, 3.. 6 months down the track, you take your baby to your dealer complaining of a noisy diff, slipping clutch, or whatever? Only to be informed.. "Sorry your car has voided its warranty due to your competing at Calder Fri 21st Nov 2003"
Is there any substance in this??.. (Please, ONLY informed replies, not hypotheticals!)
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2003, 04:24   #2 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Re: Warranty Null & Void!

CW - you want informed replies? You are on the wrong forum - nothing but speculation, opinion and BS here. lol.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 11:48   #3 (permalink)
The Third Power

I cant vouch for the spys part, I have access to the voided list of holdens and there are only a couple in the list of alot of cars that have there powertrain warranty voided for drag racing
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 14:22   #4 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

I thought you has to give your rego to race, drivers licence, name etc anyway, so wouldnt this possibly be passed onto ford or holden, i could be wrong, been a long time since we took my brothers car to a street meet.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 22:29   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I believe that if you read the Ford warranty closely you will see that the car isn't allowed to be used in 'motorsport' either. It's whether the company involved wants to enforce it that is the big thing.
I think that the privacy laws will stop holden getting access to the data from CP but that doesn't stop them from watching the drags with a pen and paper in their hand.
It's better to be safe than sorry.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 23:30   #6 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

But considering a CAM's licence isn't required then Calder drags are nothing more than timed, legal traffic light drags anyway. Frankly I don't think it is motorsport, it's just road legal off-street drags in controlled conditions. And they can't exactly void your warranty unless they physically see mods (exhausts etc) There's no way they can prove that unless they were close to your car. But taping up plates would be a good way to protecxt yourself methinks, maybe even getting plate covers for the day. I tihnk same applies to any motorsport that doesn't involve a CAM's licence like track days. It's not techincally motorsport unless it's coompetitive and risky which track days are deliberately not. Well, not supposed to be anyway.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 23:32   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Are the GT's & GTP's covered during the High performance driving courses supplied by FPV?
GT#58
MARK'S DEE GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 23:57   #8 (permalink)

So your telling me that a person pays up to $95,000 for a HSV(holdens premium PERFORMANCE car) and the minute they try to use it for what it was designed for you loose your warrantee? This just proves my point about Australian Manufacturers saying they make performace cars.If i find out that this is the case for my GT-P for certain i will Sell the thing!!!!. im not paying $80,000 for a claytons performace car.
in my opinion if you sell a performance car you must stick by your claims of it being just that not a dolled up shopping trolley.

Elmer Fudd
BOSSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 00:23   #9 (permalink)
X-DM!!

I have heard some good ones, but "dolled up shopping trolley" takes the cake. lol.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:23   #10 (permalink)

While I can't speak for Ford, I do know that Holden did/does instruct it's warranty staff to keep an eye out for vehicles under warranty used in motorsport. Like wise for any modifications that have been performed. I know that Subaru also take the same stance as Holden so I would imagine Ford would also to a similar extent. Also be aware that "Driver Training" is not considered motor sport.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum