What should the GTHO be?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 19:07   #1 (permalink)

What should the GTHO be??

Thought I'd ask the question, what does everyone expect from a GTHO???

Do people expect a GTP with even more power, (ie full luxury, leather, electrics, in other words the WORKS!!)

Or are there people out there like me who would pay a premium (and a damb big one!) for a bare bones, street legal race car??

Personally, I'd like the GTHO to be based of the XT then modded, for example:
Add
Full spec engine and drivetrain (the superchanged 5.4 sounds nice)
Fully customised suspension
Full outrageous body kit (including a Group A style rear wing)
Proper racing seats
Ditch
Electric seats and any other feature that adds weight such as vanity mirrors, interior lights etc. IE ditch as much weight as possible!!
Options
Roll cage
Full harness

The GTHO should be the ultimate in performance!!! And that means less weight and less features!! A race car for the road!! YEAH BABY!!
RICHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2002, 19:12   #2 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

I think this had a huge discussion a few months ago... maybe do a search
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 19:19   #3 (permalink)

Done the search previously, but there doesn't seem to have been any real discussion other than how much power we expect it to have (ie needs to match the expected 350kw HSV engine)

The power is one thing, but as for the rest, features, weight etc I can't seem to find anything of any real substance. Thus the question, if anyone can direct me to an older thread that covers this would appreciate it.

Cheers
Old 10-09-2002, 19:30   #4 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

I don't think FPV will release the GTHO for a while yet.

Hopefully by then, it will have 4WD.

And I would rather it had the full appointments, like the GT-P.

Horse Power? Lots and lots!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 19:34   #5 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

The answer is short and simple Richo. The GTHO must be the best of the best. It must regain the title as the world's fastest four door. It must have awesome dynamics. I mean progressive rate springs, koni shockers, six piston calipers up front, four in the rear, and dual stack exhausts. Should be able to now the fuel tank's been relocated. It must exceed the performance of the forthcoming AMG E55 supercharged 5.5 litre V8.
Old 10-09-2002, 19:39   #6 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

As flint said in WHEELS, most people want it to be like it used to be - the pinacle of motoring ... they're not ready for that .... yet :s6:
bhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 20:20   #7 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Given Holden/HSV are expected to sell a very limited run of 400kW (approx) 7 litre cars, GTHO will have to be a limited run special to match the top status it deserves. As for equipment, if I'm paying $100+k, I can handle a little extra weight to make the car special and well equipped.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 20:43   #8 (permalink)

I have heard that the Ford Engine Department are working on a donk that will put out 400kw minimum and it should be coming out under the FPV name around first quarter 2003. But that is if it gets the go head from the likes of Geoff etc. That info is a bit vague (and consider it rumor for now) but its all i got

Mods:
Fairmont dash, Pioneer DEH-P5550MP, Trip Computer, XH Snorkel, EL Thermo Fans
crYnOid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 20:48   #9 (permalink)
plonky

I can see no reason why the GTHO can be bigger, badder and better that something like the Nissan GTR, or Porsche RSCS. I really think there is a market for a priority on engine, brakes, chassis over luxuries. That way people who really want the best on the road can get it, instead of being a pose machine for wankers with lots of money.
Old 10-09-2002, 21:02   #10 (permalink)

I agree plonky. The same sort of setup as some of the previous lancer evos. Though i do think there is a market for both.

How about having the GTHO as a bare bones race style road car, with the option to put the GTHO drive train etc into the GT-P, with all the luxo bits.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum