What you want & keep it simple - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2002, 08:16   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Question What you want & keep it simple

Obviousley theres been tons of posts on GT and what it should have and what its missing etc. But in this post id like to pretend that the designers are looking so no sentences please or quoting anyone else or disputing others wants, just what you want whether it for eg more agressive kit,shaker,stripes or simply if you are happy just type leave it as is.

Heres mine--- Boss 290 bages as delete item
Blacked out buldge as delete item
Bolstered seats that are noticeable from outside the car and show that its more than an XR.
Some sort of colour coded caliper logo rather than just red or just blue for every car even if the car were Phantom for eg.
Everything else shown the same.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2002, 08:32   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Ford Designer

I want this:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...955&uid=718254
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:51   #3 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

well, i think the GT is very nice, so i will put forwards suggestions for the GT-P:

massive weight loss program, lightweight race seats for passenger and driver, pathetic attempt at rear seat (min weight again...) very thin carpet, just enough to cover the metal, none of this plush padded stuff, stratigicly placed holes in the bonnet for cooling and less lift at front at speed, some aluminium panels, thin thin light door trims, pov pack stereo, normal a/c, thinner glass all round to help shed more weight, space saver spare, minimum legal ride height, 18x10s with 6 pot calipers behind them, manual only, lose the engine covers and all unnessesary under bonnet bits, shock tower+ master cylinder bracing, stock fire extinguisher (to put out all the commodores you will smoke)...

basicly make it as light as possible, so even retaining the same power as other vehicles it will be faster everywhere...less weight = better cornering, tyre wear, acceleration, fuel consumption, braking, less stress on drivetrain and suspension etc... the bonus is that deleting all this stuff should keep price similar to GT but with far superior performance, that way potential buyers can choose between a road warrior and a bloody fast luxo car.

shouldnt be too expensive to make R&D wise, as you wont need to change any of the mechanicals save the brakes, just using the GTs engine will be enough when you consider all the weight it no longer has to pull.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:02   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

I want this...

Old 10-18-2002, 19:12   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by RPO83
I want this...
So do I.. Looks excellent to me. The interior is even nicer.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 19:17   #6 (permalink)
Code Monkey

hows the interior different to the XR models? is it big changes or more suttle changes?
Old 10-18-2002, 19:30   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Can't tell you mate.. sorry.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 19:44   #8 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior

I'll think you'll find that most people who don't like it actually DO but just want a bit more differentiation from the XR8, now all us FF'ers knows it looks different but to the 10-15 odd people that have NFI say to me... "wow that XR8 looks better than the stock one"!!!!

All I want is delete option bonnet blackout .. AND THAT WILL DO IT FOR ME!! I'm completely happy with the suspension / running gear / wheels etc and sure the interior will look awesome as well!

Oh and better promo shots that DO NOT have white backgrounds
Old 10-18-2002, 20:06   #9 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

Alright, this is what i want and think it should have.

1. Fatter side skirts similar to the T3 to get rid of the rounded side.
2. Instead of a bonnett bolge, how about an air intake to differentiate it a little more from XR's.
3. Mags to 19's so that the Bodykit doesn't take over the wheels too much like it does in the sydney motorshow photo's.
4. the rear spoiler must go, because it is rounded where most of the car has sharp edges, a similar one to the BA supercar would be good, but obviously shrunk sh!tloads more.
5. Last an not least, on the airdam, do a similar thing to what the T3 had, which was the tickford wings in the mesh, so why not have a GT in the mesh this time around.

This is all it needs to be a standout car and i think it would easily be diferentiated from the XR's.
Old 10-18-2002, 20:12   #10 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

guys, come on....
GT looking similiar to the XR8 is not a bad thing.
the XR8 is breathtaking!

get over it!

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum