Who has got their GT/GT-P SIDO? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2003, 00:42   #1 (permalink)

Who has got their GT/GT-P SIDO?

I was just wondering if anyone has their SIDO for their GT/GT-P yet and if so when did you actually order your car?
My dealer has no SIDO for any FPV orders and he is saying that maybee because its actually Prodrive not Ford so there may not be a SIDO allocated for these cars.

Mick.R
BOSSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2003, 01:22   #2 (permalink)

I got my SIDO a week or so after ordering ( January)...Pursuit ute from Westpoint ford ( Werribee)
Old 02-25-2003, 17:09   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I ordered a Pursuit October. Got SIDO November or December. Car is at FPV in first batch of 17 cars. Should get car say 10-14 Mar if all goes well. I have 'ultrasound' pics of my baby too! It's a stunner and I'm in LURVE!!!!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 21:11   #4 (permalink)

i ordered a GT-P in december and still they wont tell me a sido number.Is it the dealer or is it FPV, its driving me crazy atleast give me a build date.
Old 02-26-2003, 21:45   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BOSSGT
i ordered a GT-P in december and still they wont tell me a sido number.Is it the dealer or is it FPV, its driving me crazy atleast give me a build date.
It is neither. SIDO isn't issued until the order is accepted. If you ordered a manual then they will have to wait for one of the pre-ordered cars to be allocated to you. If you ordered an auto then don't plan on holding your breath. At this stage the earliest date a build will be allocated (or an order accepted by FPV) will be May 2003.

Believe me ... I know.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 18:52   #6 (permalink)
Just Learning

Russ

Right on the money

Where do you get the good oil?

Explorer
Old 02-28-2003, 00:52   #7 (permalink)

I finally worked out whats going on with my order and let me tell you im going straight to the top.
October last year i ordered a XR8 and was fine untill in December i decided that I had to have the GT.
The order was placed for 1 GT in the first week of December all ok untill in late January i was advised that in years to come the GT-P would have a better resale as i dont have to option up as much and resales are taken on the non optioned item.so i ask the dealer if its any trouble to go up the the GT-P in manual, leather and premium sound and he said that your the one spending the money so he has no problems.
Well thats where the problem starts you see yesterday i found out that my order for the GT in December was canceled and a new order is placed thus the order now being in late Jan.
What pisses me offis that I ordered a vehicle with FPV in December and now because i wanted to spend an extra $14,000 with FPV ive been pushed down the order because the extra money im spending was taken in January!
A letter will be sent to Mr Flint with my dissatifaction as to the way im being treated for wanting to spend extra money with their company.

Mick.R
(really really PISSED)
Old 03-02-2003, 19:39   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Just keep in mind that because you changed late January there is a lead time on the CORE vehicle. That's out of FPV's hands to a certain extent. If that month's allocation (say your GT was a February allocation) is closed off your order has to go back to the next non-closed month. It's a case of 'critical path' and seems strange given the car industry's Just In Time practices.

Don't get too mad, because I can verify my car is in the first batch and it's still many weeks away. The guys at FPV are working at 200% throttle to make things happen, however they will delay deliveries to ensure quality is first priority.

Good luck!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 20:39   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Well I am happy at least. Finally got a confirmed number on a GT-p Automatic for May build.

Much nicer having a definitive wait rather than the uncertainty that has existed so far.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 20:39   #10 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

woo hoo about time!
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum